TV in the national news

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2020, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default Hmmm sorta like in Charlottesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
So Trump made the mistake of retweeting a video of a golf cart Trump parade and when he realized that one of the participants yelled "White Power!" he immediately took the tweet down, as he should have.

I am so sick of hearing people talk to others in such a disparaging way. I have no energy for that type of nonsense and I wish that everyone could get along. TV is mostly a relaxed, peaceful place filled with retirees who are there because they want to play pickle ball, golf and make friends with others going through the same life stage. I have no room in my heart for all of this nasty controversy and I refuse to be embroiled in it.
where there were a lot of good people on both sides , last ke the guy who plowed his car into crowd killing a woman or the candlelight march with a he chant of the Jews will not replace it which was muted by Fox need until they had to play the audio, y s let’s just show clean cut white guys without h sting message
Old 06-29-2020, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,039 Times in 5,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I would have liked to be at the Morse staff meeting this morning.

I actually saw the video on Forbes. There was a comment from somebody asking whether TV was a trailer park for old people!
That would have been interesting
Old 06-29-2020, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,039 Times in 5,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
So Trump made the mistake of retweeting a video of a golf cart Trump parade and when he realized that one of the participants yelled "White Power!" he immediately took the tweet down, as he should have.

I am so sick of hearing people talk to others in such a disparaging way. I have no energy for that type of nonsense and I wish that everyone could get along. TV is mostly a relaxed, peaceful place filled with retirees who are there because they want to play pickle ball, golf and make friends with others going through the same life stage. I have no room in my heart for all of this nasty controversy and I refuse to be embroiled in it.
Well said
Old 06-29-2020, 10:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
Old news or not, it’s now on the national news that we have Trump supporters here shouting “white power”. Of course people are going to wonder what is going on here.

I wouldn’t want to be the guy caught on the video doing the shouting.
What the "news" didn't show you was that the lady in BLM shirt was walking up to each cart and saying " F U, Fing Nazis" Later she is interviewed and tells how it is so hard for her to live in TV.

The media is a complete joke. They don't report stories, they push agendas.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
where there were a lot of good people on both sides , last ke the guy who plowed his car into crowd killing a woman or the candlelight march with a he chant of the Jews will not replace it which was muted by Fox need until they had to play the audio, y s let’s just show clean cut white guys without h sting message
I don't think that the golf cart parade was the least bit wrong or controversial. In this country we are allowed to show support for a candidate.

What was wrong was the way that some of the people began speaking to each other. Standing on the sidelines and hurling nasty insults at others, getting in their faces, standing in front of their golf carts to the point of actually touching their golf carts was not o.k. The nasty "White power!" remark made back was equally not o.k. It also had nothing to do with the nature of the parade - which was simply to show support for our president during a rather horrific time in our country.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If it wasn't for this woman standing in the middle of the street trying to disrupt a peaceful golf cart parade, while she yelled profanities there wouldn't of been any news. The fellow who yelled "White Power" was in retaliation to her yelling 'Where's your Hood. You say nasty things, and you'll get nasty things right back in your face. Can you image wearing a T-Shirt that said, Veterans while riding in your own golf cart, and having this woman jump out in front of you and shouting nasty things right in your face!!

The Villages Florida
Old 06-29-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
What the "news" didn't show you was that the lady in BLM shirt was walking up to each cart and saying " F U, Fing Nazis" Later she is interviewed and tells how it is so hard for her to live in TV.

If retweeted and mentioned, it would have been.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:31 AM

Today I was enjoying a lovely morning in New York. That quickly changed while watching a segment on Good Morning American which portrayed The Villages as a racist community. In the last few hours, I have received text messages from friends and family local and far who are aware that my husband and I own a place in The Villages. It seems that this particular segment was based on the voice of one person; however, it was not reported that way. And...I have a feeling that if this individual could take back his comment, he would do so. Can someone in the know shed light on what actually happened? I am certain there are many of us watching from afar who would appreciate honest information.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
If it wasn't for this woman standing in the middle of the street trying to disrupt a peaceful golf cart parade, while she yelled profanities there wouldn't of been any news. The fellow who yelled "White Power" was in retaliation to her yelling 'Where's your Hood. You say nasty things, and you'll get nasty things right back in your face. Can you image wearing a T-Shirt that said, Veterans while riding in your own golf cart, and having this woman jump out in front of you and shouting nasty things right in your face!!

The Villages Florida
Definition of justification
1a : the act or an instance of justifying something : VINDICATION
arguments offered in justification of their choice
b : an acceptable reason for doing something : something that justifies an act or way of behaving
could provide no justification for his decision

Synonyms for justification
Synonyms
alibi, apology, defense, excuse, plea, reason
Old 06-29-2020, 10:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post

what about the other lady in the pink shirt at the end of the video shouting into every passing cart eat pus......sy equally shameful. I still can't believe this actually happened...
Old 06-29-2020, 10:54 AM

At this point the damage is done. Thanks to President Trump, the entire video was posted for the world to see. He used the video for his personal needs and the media, both the so called "Fake News" and Fox News, used it for their personal needs. The only need of mine is how it makes us Villagers look to the world and the effect is has on the value of my house.
I wish all of this would stop.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,921 Times in 1,111 Posts

It seems no one wants to own up to the fact that the president started this thing and knew who was going to like this among his followers, and like usual denies the whole thing . I was at the memorial service at 2 pm everyone was respectful no anti trump signs , there were people there who I know are Republicans . We all knelt or tried to for the over 8 minutes it took George to die , the service was over at 2:30! I was one of last to leave the bandstand because of catching up with an old friend when I got to Barnes and Noble parking lot to get in my car the golf cart parade was still forming at 3pm It’s been said and I’ve overheard the last couple of weeks that this was a spillover from out memorial , nothing could be father from the truth
Old 06-29-2020, 10:56 AM
Default racist

[QUOTE=Michael Charles;1794395]This morning I checked my email and there were 6 emails from family and friends wondering what kind of community TV is after they saw the news last night.

Anybody else get some surprising questions from friends and family that know nothing of TV?[/QUOTE]
I have lived in the Villages for 13 years. I have loved living here. Now I am ashamed!
Two of my family and friends, that I have been pushing to buy here. Called to say that they would never think of buying here.
Real Estate this may impact on you. For or Against.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

It would not surprise me if this was the last golf cart parade, or even parade, allowed within the confines of TV. We have a large group of black residents who live very quietly and keep to themselves. These are not people from the lower level of the income scale, they are professionals who just want what we all want, to live in a safe and beautiful place. I don't think they should be subjected to hearing someone scream racial slurs.

But then, I'm a pollyanna. I believe we all have the right to be treated in a decent manner no matter what color is our skin. I was lucky to have parents who were color blind and we brought our children up the same way. If the person screaming White Power was blind he would have no idea of black or white! It is learned behavior and has no place in our world.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-29-2020, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

That video was out there way before Trump tweeted it. I do think that it's important to see how citizens having a lawful parade in support of our president are being attacked and abused by "protesters". This is beginning to reach voter intimidation levels which is illegal last I heard.
Closed Thread

Tags
news, friends, family, night, surprising

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.