Two countries put halt to vaccinations

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2021, 09:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Not a problem.
They will probably give them another vaccine.
In UK we stopped giving the Astra Zenica vaccine to under 40's some time ago because of a similar problem.
They now give them the Pfizer vaccine instead.
Yea Two Bills sometimes I wonder where they get their information from. I think some people are trying to play Dr. If they don’t get a shot from one company, like you said get Pfizer, that’s what get & if they didn’t get the original 1st 2 shots stay home & stay the hell away from me, because I don’t want any of these people touching me or want to breath their stinking breath. I haven’t gotten my booster shot yet but I will as soon as I know it works & not because someone thinks they originally got this vaccination thing started. I know who pushed getting these shots so I’ll wait until I get an official OK.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Moderna's Covid vaccine has a much bigger dose at 100 micrograms versus Pfizer's 30 micrograms, so it makes sense that a switch to Pfizer would be better for younger people in my humble opinion.
The number of micrograms of the vaccines, or the dose of any medication for that matter, is not comparable between meds, only within that med itself.

50 MICROgrams of Fentanyl is far more powerful than 750 MILLIgrams of Tylenol, that's a 15,000 fold difference in "dose"
Old 10-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The number of micrograms of the vaccines, or the dose of any medication for that matter, is not comparable between meds, only within that med itself.

50 MICROgrams of Fentanyl is far more powerful than 750 MILLIgrams of Tylenol, that's a 15,000 fold difference in "dose"
I've read that the 2 vaccines are almost identical and that Moderna has more RNA because of it's higher dose. But of course what I read might be wrong.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Bloomberg reported,
Sweden and Denmark decided to halt vaccinations with Moderna Inc.’s Covid-19 shot for younger people because of potential side effects.
The Swedish health authority Wednesday cited new data on the increased risk of heart inflammation as a reason for the pause for those aged 30 and under. Denmark will stop giving the shot to those younger than 18.
So, I guess this means that we are lucky to be OLD! And I guess that Sweden and Denmark could care less about their over 30 population. Forget those old *arts. We can just thin the herd! Good opportunity.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
Because of high vaccination rates. When will the blockhead anti-vaxxers in the USA get into their thigh heads that you aren't going back to normal until the vaccination rates everywhere are over 80%?
Whom are you calling an "anti-vaxxer"?

And what, pray tell is "thigh head"?

-Tom Petty
Old 10-09-2021, 02:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

Reminds me of my patients who insist on a different medication because it "had more milligrams"...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-09-2021, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Reminds me of my patients who insist on a different medication because it "had more milligrams"...

Actually, I have read where they feel that Moderma has a longer efficacy(?) period so far, than Pfizer. It was suggested that this may be the reason that a booster has not been suggested for Moderma at this time. I had read the same thing that the other poster did where the serum in Moderma was three times stronger than Pfizer. But, if the serum is not similar in structure, I guess that wouldn't make any difference when comparing. Seems kind of weird that when giving out the vaccinations, they were telling people that it did not matter if they got a different second dose than they got with the first. Not sure where that came from. This is just a discussion. I have never suggested listening to anyone other than your personal physician.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Actually, I have read where they feel that Moderma has a longer efficacy(?) period so far, than Pfizer. It was suggested that this may be the reason that a booster has not been suggested for Moderma at this time. I had read the same thing that the other poster did where the serum in Moderma was three times stronger than Pfizer. But, if the serum is not similar in structure, I guess that wouldn't make any difference when comparing. Seems kind of weird that when giving out the vaccinations, they were telling people that it did not matter if they got a different second dose than they got with the first. Not sure where that came from. This is just a discussion. I have never suggested listening to anyone other than your personal physician.
But it's helps to diminish your opinion by claiming you said things you never said...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,754 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I can't keep up, wasn't it Sweden that is always disparaged by everyone here? Now, they are showing the way out of COVID? Hmm, I can't keep up, could someone provide a guide book?
My perspective exactly. I constantly wonder why/how so many chatter on, defend, argue about the particular vaccine they got is "best", defile those who can't, won't, or should not get the vaccine, and all manner of variations of the same. Some, because they once worked in the medical field in come capacity, feature themselves as the final authority on this virus, others pontificate on the subject seemingly based on characteristics of bacteria more than the characteristics of a virus.... and a "new" virus at that, a man made manipulated virus that truthfully, NO ONE knows every detail of, yet, it churns on and on on social media sites. So what is it that makes individuals act like this ? Fear ? Do they realize their beliefs and conclusions may one day prove to be "wrong", and another may have been correct, so they did in to try to calm their own insecurity about if they chose the "right brand", the "right booster", the "right mask" to actually protect them ? My inclination.... I believe one day we will be totally stunned about what we believed about this virus, what we did, the things we were so certain would protect us, and many many other "facts".
Old 10-09-2021, 03:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

I think we can play doctor, after all fauci is doing it.
Closed Thread

Tags
halt, vaccinations, younger, denmark, shot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.