Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2021, 03:55 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
Bloomberg reported,
Sweden and Denmark decided to halt vaccinations with Moderna Inc.’s Covid-19 shot for younger people because of potential side effects.
The Swedish health authority Wednesday cited new data on the increased risk of heart inflammation as a reason for the pause for those aged 30 and under. Denmark will stop giving the shot to those younger than 18.
The operative word here is “potential”. That said, they have options to go to another covid vaccine for this age group. There are possible side effects from every type of shot and every medication you take and even an aspirin has possible side effects. Big pharma has many attorneys to cover their bases. Bottom line, a vaccine approved by the CDC to protect a person from Covid 19 and the Delta variant is by far the better choice than getting Covid where over 700,000 in the US have died. Some of those that recover from Covid have pain and suffering for the rest of their lives. A vaccination just makes sense for the better good so we can all get back to normal and on with our lives. The good far out weights the small potential side effects IMHO.
Old 10-08-2021, 04:36 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

It is a tabloid-y headline/thread title — and whoever wrote it knows it. Gotta keep ‘em stoked, ya know.
Old 10-08-2021, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Posted by Velvet
Why your title, OP? The countries did not stop vaccination, only one type of vaccine.
Quote:
Because it was the title of the article? If you read the post, you would see that it was expounded upon. Since we have some posters on here that insist on commenting on how great other countries are compared to ours, I thought I would inject a bit of fodder into the ongoing conversation.

It's always good to know what kind of results others have with medicines that also effect us, good or bad.
The title of the thread you started is

Two countries put halt to vaccinations

When you are challenged on your title you trot out the defense that you just used the words from the article's title. Well you didn't. I am not stupid enough to fail to check to see if I am being lied to. I don't like being lied to.

I don't know if people get penalized on this site for lying. I hope so.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	hl.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	91090  
Old 10-08-2021, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
The title of the thread you started is

Two countries put halt to vaccinations

When you are challenged on your title you trot out the defense that you just used the words from the article's title. Well you didn't. I am not stupid enough to fail to check to see if I am being lied to. I don't like being lied to.

I don't know if people get penalized on this site for lying. I hope so.
Good catch.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
What part of the OP do you consider rumor based?
It was certainly wrong, and just click bait.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
No, they will probably not... They have lifted most if not all restrictions in both of those countries and life has gone back to normal...
Because of high vaccination rates. When will the blockhead anti-vaxxers in the USA get into their thigh heads that you aren't going back to normal until the vaccination rates everywhere are over 80%?
Old 10-09-2021, 05:31 AM
Veteran member

Why waste time responding to this post? Cleary an agenda, another stir-the-pot Covid post. Those who actually read facts know what the true story is.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Bloomberg reported,
Sweden and Denmark decided to halt vaccinations with Moderna Inc.’s Covid-19 shot for younger people because of potential side effects.
The Swedish health authority Wednesday cited new data on the increased risk of heart inflammation as a reason for the pause for those aged 30 and under. Denmark will stop giving the shot to those younger than 18.
Dr. Robert Malone recommends the shot for 65 and older and people with health issues only.
I have a friend who’s daughter is a dancers at Disney so she had to get the shot after her first shot started having heart issues. The first month after shot she was sent the ER three times with heart problems. This was a very healthy young lady and now her health is up in the air.

Read or watch Dr. Robert Malone about Covid and the shot.
Old 10-09-2021, 06:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,137 Times in 881 Posts

Moderna's Covid vaccine has a much bigger dose at 100 micrograms versus Pfizer's 30 micrograms, so it makes sense that a switch to Pfizer would be better for younger people in my humble opinion.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Not a problem.
They will probably give them another vaccine.
In UK we stopped giving the Astra Zenica vaccine to under 40's some time ago because of a similar problem.
They now give them the Pfizer vaccine instead.
I think all will agree we are in a state of confusion. We expect, we demand perfection and it does not exist-it never does. Risk of getting the vaccine? I'm a bit surprised that no one yet has done a study on how many people have been injured in car accidents to get the vaccine.

I'm not even sure what it means BUT, Pfizer is owned by Germany, China and the US,
Moderna is US owned and Astra Zenica is English. Cost? As it is government paid no one asks. If, I recall, Pfizer is a dollar more than Moderna. Far above my pay grade and I seem to be the only one to ask. Who or what decides which to use. Pfizer was two shots-now it is three at least I think that is so. JNJ was one-now it is two at least I think that is so. Once you make a choice after reading and enie, meani miighty, mow there ar no do overs ie take back Pfizer and gimmmeee Moderna
Old 10-09-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Bloomberg reported,
I wouldn't be using Sweden as a prudent source for how to deal with the pandemic!
Old 10-09-2021, 07:59 AM

Sweden is the model we should all follow they put the people before they put big Pharma profit and political games!!!
Old 10-09-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltdisney4life View Post
Sweden is the model we should all follow they put the people before they put big Pharma profit and political games!!!
As I point out over and over and over again, nothing is perfect. In terms of big Pharma and profit. Do you work for free? I've not seen any data on it but we know of a Pfizer, Moderna, Asto zenica and JNJ vaccines. How many companies have spent millions in research to produce a vaccine and have not produced anything that is salable. All four are corporations, the goal is to make a profit.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:32 AM
Sage

.....and then there's Australia! Locked down for nearly 2 years with horrible restrictions.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:10 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Bloomberg reported,
Just read this in this morning’s NYTimes: “The risk of heart problems in boys of that age was about nine times higher than in unvaccinated boys of the same age. The absolute risk is still very small, and the condition temporary. And studies have shown that Covid-19 is much more likely to cause heart problems compared with vaccination. Based on data available in June, advisers to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention unanimously voted to recommend the vaccine, saying the benefits far outweighed the risk. For every million vaccinated boys ages 12 to 17, the shots might cause a maximum of 70 myocarditis cases, but would prevent 5,700 infections, 215 hospitalizations and two deaths, the agency has estimated.“

“Of the 14 patients who showed heart abnormalities when they were admitted to the hospital, 10 still had some signs of problems when they were discharged. But when the patients were examined again a few weeks later, all five of those for whom results were available appeared to have fully recovered. Across all age groups and sexes, the overall incidence was just over two cases per 100,000 people, the study found. But when the researchers analyzed the results by age and sex, they found the highest incidence among males 16 to 29 years. The risk in females of every age was negligible.”

That is to say, don’t worry. Myocarditis just means a heart inflammation. If it’s temporary, so what? It’s not much different than the temporary inflammation most of us get in our arms for a day or two when we get a flu shot that reveals itself as pain because of the temporary swelling of tissues.
Closed Thread

Tags
halt, vaccinations, younger, denmark, shot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.