Unfair Prosecution

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2021, 01:42 PM

Son bragged on social media the gun was his new Christmas present and so did mom say they were shooting the gun together which was his Christmas present. Sadly, it belonged to the kid. The parents may pay for their stupidity.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:48 PM

I can't believe anyone would question this kid being tried as an adult - he killed 4 innocent kids and wounded many others with the intention of killing many more. He needs to be in prison for life - not in a juvenile detention center!!!! I can just imagine how that thought process would change if it was "your" child that was murdered!!!!!
Old 12-05-2021, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNET View Post
Check out the real story, not the media on TV. The facts of what the parents did and did not do to stop their son, warrants their arrest.
So, where do you feel people will find the "real story" not the media on TV? I don't watch TV. What I've seen were videos from the Sheriff's office, live broadcasts online on various media, including the network news (but not exclusively network news).

I've read op-eds and analyses (neither of which are actual information/news) on assorted online media websites (such as the Hill and yes even Breitbart).

Turns out, the information I've seen from various online sources has provided me with an opinion:

The kid is 100% guilty of murder. The parents are 100% complicit in the murder, I'd charge them with accessory, negligence, homicide, federal counts of evasion (since they were in the process of planning to cross the Canadian border when they were caught in the warehouse in a border town), child abuse, child negligence, child abandonment, for starters.

The kid needs to be put away for a long time. He should be put in whatever equivalent Juvenile Detention has for a maximum security facility until he turns 16, and then transferred to adult prison. He should not be in adult prison until he turns 16 though.

He should also be on track to complete his high school education, get some actual skills, and be put on some kind of work detail in prison. He needs to be punished, but he's not so old that he can't be rehabilitated. He needs to have that opportunity. While he's in prison.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Maybe better parenting also?
well, since the US lags far behind in maternal and paternal leave, child care support, universal health coverage--all of which would help alleviate stresses on parents, you may have something there.

otherwise, I would guess other countries have bad parents, too.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
If the kid did not have a gun handy he might even have stolen an SUV and found a parade of people to run over. Kooks use vehicles, knives, bats, home made bombs, Molotov cocktails, hammers, crowbars, piano wire, anything they can get their hands on to kill.

His parents, judging from their histories, ain't right, either. The kid needed serious psychiatric attention, maybe under lock and key.
I haven't read about any kid that didn't have access to a gun do any of the things you mentioned. the Columbine kids had explosives but mainly killed with guns. Guns are what all these incidents have in common.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Ethan Crumbley, 15, has been arrested and charged with 4 counts of murder in the Michigan school shooting. He will be tried as an adult. Now, his parents have also been arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter, even though school officials also had information about the possibility that the student could commit a violent crime.

Almost every day, you read about murders and other violent crimes being committed by minors in New York, Chicago, and other cities. But, I rarely hear about their parents being arrested in connection with those crimes. I wonder if the parents of Ethan Crumbley are being penalized because they are married and living in a two-parent family situation, and not in a large city. To me, it seems incredibly inequitable for them to be charged with manslaughter.
This post reeks of implicit bias and white privilege.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:37 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I haven't read about any kid that didn't have access to a gun do any of the things you mentioned. the Columbine kids had explosives but mainly killed with guns. Guns are what all these incidents have in common.
Didn't you hear? Three teenagers charged with killing high school classmate with knife and sword | The Independent

Third teen in custody in deadly hammer attack | CNN

Strangled with wire, stabbed with stick: 4 Youths Tied to Secret Club Seized in Killing - Los Angeles Times

stun gun: Teens get maximum sentence in death of Uber Eats driver

While 39 and not a teenager, he inflicted multiple vehicular homicides and injuries. Wisconsin: Five dead after car ploughs into Waukesha Christmas parade - BBC News

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 12-05-2021 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
The two biggest reasons for gun deaths and woundings in America are, by far; 1. poor (or no) parenting, and 2. an irrational fear of guns coupled with little (or no) understanding of them.
The biggest reason for gun deaths in America is suicide, by a very large margin...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-05-2021, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
This post reeks of implicit bias and white privilege.
Only if you insist on viewing it thru that prism...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

this post serves no legitimate purpose

please remove it
Old 12-05-2021, 09:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Inaction of the parents, by not locking the gun properly, it certainly one of the main reasons for their prosecution. I have also heard although I am not sure that the police will provide free gun trigger locks in that area of the state. If the gun was a early birthday present I would be totally shocked and further concerned as to the mental culpability of the parents
If the gun was purchased new then there is a gun lock included in the box the gun came in. This is a federal requirement. If it was a used gun then it is very possible there was no lock included in the sale.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:29 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
We need to support the plan to allow 18 year olds to drive 60,000 lb tractor trailer rigs down the interstates
An 18 year old can obtain a commercial drivers license that will allow him/her to drive 60,000 lb tractor trailer.

Have a valid regular (non-commercial) driver’s license and be at least 18 years old (in most states).
Be at least 21 years old:
To drive a commercial motor vehicle across state lines (interstate).
To drive a commercial motor vehicle that contains hazardous materials.
Have at least one or two years of driving experience (depending on the state)
Old 12-05-2021, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
My question is why on earth would any parent give this mentally unstable 15 year old or allow him access to a weapon of any kind?

A previous post disclosed they were not the best citizens themselves, but geez!
That was my thought, as well. What kind of sense does that make? Giving an unstable, immature person a gun for a gift. Too bad the money wasn't sped on counseling. Seems like that just happened in another recent shooting. I am glad to see the parents are being charged, whatever that charge ends up being.
Old 12-06-2021, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

What part off Help Help Help didn't they understand !!!!!!
Police should have been called immediately !

Could have been avoided
Old 12-06-2021, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Here's the difference between all those things and shootings:

A knife's primary purpose is to cut things. Killing people is one of many results that can come from using a knife to cut things, but killing people is not its primary purpose.

A sword - is definitely made to kill people. But it can kill only one person at a time, somewhat slowly, slow enough that anyone else in close proximity can easily get away. It is close-range exclusively - throwing swords is not a thing.

Hammer's primary function is to drive nails, stakes, and similar into surfaces, and remove those nails, stakes, and similar from those surfaces. Secondary function is to secure things that are already placed down to ensure a good fit (such as floor planks, though usually a rubber mallet would be more efficient). Hammers are not intended to be weapons at all, regardless of how they are eventually used.

Wires have many functions - killing is not an -intended- function of them, regardless of how they end up being used.

Stun guns are absolutely weapons - that are intended to cause pain and halt of movement, instead of causing death. Regardless of the ultimate result.

Motor vehicles primary function is to transport people and things from point A to point B. Regardless of how it ends up being used.

Guns with live ammunition - primary purpose - is to kill. People, animals - but that is what they're for. They aren't made to drive nails through wood. They can't get you from point A to point B. They can't cut a steak or strip the skin off a fish. You can't use a gun to network your computer system. No - it's #1 primary function - the reason it exists, the reason people get trained to use them - is to kill.
Closed Thread

Tags
charged, arrested, parents, violent, manslaughter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.