Unfair Prosecution

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2021, 02:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I think more will come out. I'm sure a lot of us are wondering why the kid's back pack wasn't searched. was it because the parents said they didn't own a gun? or that the kid doesn't have access to the gun? did they forbid the search? the mother referred in the past about kid with troubles...maybe they were worried there would be more disturbing pictures? and why didn't the school require the kid to be removed immediately?? being a danger to others is justification for a 3 day psych hold. I just wonder what assurances the parents may have given for the school to think the kid posed no immediate danger.
Agree. The school should never take assurances from the parents regarding his mental state. At the very least the child, his back-pack, and locker should be immediately searched. Law enforcement should be notified. Then and only then can an informed decision be reached. Even this may not be enough, but in this case the ball was initially dropped by the parents not securing the gun, the school believing the parents assessment of their son, and the school not searching the boy at school. Notifying law enforcement would likely have initiated the question of firearms at their home, and an investigation to see if they are secure. The local Sheriff stated today that he gets ‘WEEKLY’ alerts from local schools regarding threats. Much more to come out but I sense not only the killer, but the parents and school district are in for some tough times ahead.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Let me help you with that. What you meant to write was it is not fair these white people got charged when so many black kids are criminals and their parents [or as I wrote earlier single parent] get away with it.

Is that better? The answer of course is that if that single Black parent bought a gun, knowingly provided access to that gun, knew their child was thinking about killing some schoolmates and did nothing even after the school expressed concern .. all of us would want that Black parent charged. Now find me that example.
"What you meant to write was it is not fair these white people got charged when so many black kids are criminals and their parents [or as I wrote earlier single parent] get away with it."

Thank you for getting straight to the heart of the matter, of why so many are complaining about charging the parents. Anyone watching legitimate news sources, already know how culpable these poor excuse for parents have been with this little monster. Illegally buying him the gun, telling him to avoid getting caught while shopping for ammo in the classroom, refusing to take him out of school after seeing the deadly/bloody notes he wrote, not insisting on inspecting his backpack, not telling the school he has access to a gun Etc., Etc., - is just the tip of the iceberg on why the parents should legitimately charged.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:17 PM
Platinum member

I'm just a retired GI. I'll leave it up to prosecutors, judges, and Villagers who seem to be experts in the field.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
My question is why on earth would any parent give this mentally unstable 15 year old or allow him access to a weapon of any kind?

A previous post disclosed they were not the best citizens themselves, but geez!
Because they had the right to do so, and their freedom is more important than the safety of the general public. I thought everyone knew that by now?
Old 12-04-2021, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
They are innocent until proven guilty, they will have their day in court.

Not really, once charged the smell of guilt leaves taste that majority don’t forget.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 12-05-2021 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Ethan Crumbley, 15, has been arrested and charged with 4 counts of murder in the Michigan school shooting. He will be tried as an adult. Now, his parents have also been arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter, even though school officials also had information about the possibility that the student could commit a violent crime.

Almost every day, you read about murders and other violent crimes being committed by minors in New York, Chicago, and other cities. But, I rarely hear about their parents being arrested in connection with those crimes. I wonder if the parents of Ethan Crumbley are being penalized because they are married and living in a two-parent family situation, and not in a large city. To me, it seems incredibly inequitable for them to be charged with manslaughter.
Maybe they don’t have parent (one) that controls them, know what there doing, or where they are at any time of day or night?
Old 12-04-2021, 10:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Because they had the right to do so, and their freedom is more important than the safety of the general public. I thought everyone knew that by now?
Yeah, except no, they don't have that right. But you knew that and were just trying to make a political post...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-04-2021, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Let me help you with that. What you meant to write was it is not fair these white people got charged when so many black kids are criminals and their parents [or as I wrote earlier single parent] get away with it.

Is that better? The answer of course is that if that single Black parent bought a gun, knowingly provided access to that gun, knew their child was thinking about killing some schoolmates and did nothing even after the school expressed concern .. all of us would want that Black parent charged. Now find me that example.
So, according to you, only black people are single parents and only black kids are criminals?

Personally, I thought the Parkland shooter's foster parents should have been charged, as well as the Sandy Hook mother (but, she was murdered, she has an excuse...)

-Tom Petty
Old 12-04-2021, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by manaboutown:
“My question is why on earth would any parent give this mentally unstable 15 year old or allow him access to a weapon of any kind?”

A previous post disclosed they were not the best citizens themselves, but geez!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Manaboutown’s question is a legitimate one. Having the right to do something puts the responsibility on every citizen to weigh every specific situation and decide whether doing that thing is the right thing to do. I thought everyone knew that by now?
Old 12-05-2021, 05:55 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Ethan Crumbley, 15, has been arrested and charged with 4 counts of murder in the Michigan school shooting. He will be tried as an adult. Now, his parents have also been arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter, even though school officials also had information about the possibility that the student could commit a violent crime.

Almost every day, you read about murders and other violent crimes being committed by minors in New York, Chicago, and other cities. But, I rarely hear about their parents being arrested in connection with those crimes. I wonder if the parents of Ethan Crumbley are being penalized because they are married and living in a two-parent family situation, and not in a large city. To me, it seems incredibly inequitable for them to be charged with manslaughter.
I agree, how many school shooting have the been, the one in Littleton CO the kids were building bombs in the basement and the parents were not charged.
I get the community is dealing with one of the worse tragedies but ……
I think their mad because the parents told their not to talk and lawyer up.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:24 AM
Veteran member

parents must be held accountable for their children's actions. This is the only way this madness will stop.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

Inaction of the parents, by not locking the gun properly, it certainly one of the main reasons for their prosecution. I have also heard although I am not sure that the police will provide free gun trigger locks in that area of the state. If the gun was a early birthday present I would be totally shocked and further concerned as to the mental culpability of the parents
Old 12-05-2021, 06:39 AM
Veteran member

It's great that your father taught you respect for guns, but at any age in childhood you cannot have the same mental capabilities as an adult and I have heard plenty of stories of children playing with the guns and shooting each other at ages of young as four to eight. And especially that your father kept them unlocked is a shocking Revelation that I could have happened in your family just as easily, you were extremely lucky that it did not happen
Old 12-05-2021, 06:45 AM

you question seems to me to be black and white? why don't you just say it. don't give me that dumb act.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
parents must be held accountable for their children's actions. This is the only way this madness will stop.
you mean like in New York Chicago and other cities, right? just like to O P asked.
Closed Thread

Tags
charged, arrested, parents, violent, manslaughter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.