United Airlines in the news

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2021, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts
Default Standard employment at will termination

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
Fired for not conforming to rules the company set for employees. Simple as that. It’s the American way - get used to it
Employment at will employees can get terminated for almost anything. Companies dictate the terms of most everyone's employment, this news flash is not new and many court cases have upheld the companies' right to do so. Most everyone's career has been employment at will, statistically speaking, which excludes corporate executives with contracts and union employees. . . however, corporate execs can get fired for not following corporate rules as well, I know at least one corp president at a public company who was.

So, go ask a labor lawyer, go listen to a labor law professor, etc. So you think that you as an employee should dictate the terms of your employment? These people leaving are doing so, which is fine with them and their employer. What employer wants people you don't want to follow rules? That's chaos and the wild west. .

I am all in favor of firing health care workers who don't want to follow healthcare rules to protect my 95 yo mom in an assisted living community. . . and myself if I have to go into the hospital due to events beyond my control. . . and then I will apply for one of the open positions. .
Old 10-02-2021, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I am all in favor of firing health care workers who don't want to follow healthcare rules to protect my 95 yo mom in an assisted living community. . . and myself if I have to go into the hospital due to events beyond my control. . . and then I will apply for one of the open positions. .
While I agree with you in theory, it just irks me that these very same people were considered to be "heroes", only 10 months ago...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-03-2021, 07:40 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
While I agree with you in theory, it just irks me that these very same people were considered to be "heroes", only 10 months ago...
That’s because it’s all based on the news media telling everyone what to think. If it fits their mantra, they are heroes, if not they are portrayed as villains. Today it’s the health care workers the media has turned on, and they want you to be outraged. After 9/11 the police were heroes - that’s what the media told us. After George Floyd the same media told us that those police officers were villains.
It’s time to stop being lead like sheep to the slaughter by the news media…
Old 10-14-2021, 02:54 AM

Your not allowed by law to sue
Old 10-14-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
They are NOT. 99% of the hospital CV deaths are UNvaccinated - the numbers are irrefutable!
Have you notified the CDC about this?

cdc-crop-jpg
Old 10-14-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Seriously? Could you please show, or tell us, the source of where you heard this completely unfounded/outright false information?
Among 43,127 reported SARS-CoV-2 infections in Los Angeles County residents aged ≥16 years, 10,895 (25.3%) were in fully vaccinated persons

SARS-CoV-2 Infections and Hospitalizations Among Persons Aged ≥16 Years, by Vaccination Status — Los Angeles County, California, May 1–July 25, 2021 | MMWR
Old 10-14-2021, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Among 43,127 reported SARS-CoV-2 infections in Los Angeles County residents aged ≥16 years, 10,895 (25.3%) were in fully vaccinated persons

SARS-CoV-2 Infections and Hospitalizations Among Persons Aged ≥16 Years, by Vaccination Status — Los Angeles County, California, May 1–July 25, 2021 | MMWR
So 70+% weren't?
...and both the charts you posted are months out of date.
Old 10-14-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
So 70+% weren't?
...and both the charts you posted are months out of date.
If you could read better you would know I was responding to two posters who appear to be in denial about breakthrough cases and deaths.

The CDC slide showing 16% of hospital deaths from breakthrough cases was leaked on July 30, the CDC study of breakthrough cases in Los Angeles was concluded July 25th. So 2.5 months ago, hardly ancient and much more timely than a lot of the "facts" being slung around here.

The CDC slide and LA study were done when Delta surge was just beginning. Now take a look at this chart showing delta cases surging to 300% or more higher in August and September. So yeah the charts and data were a couple months old, but the problem of delta breakthroughs and deaths just got worse.

screenshot-2021-10-14-122733-jpg
Closed Thread

Tags
united, news, airlines, employees, airline

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.