United Airlines in the news

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2021, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I saw today on the news that nearly 99% of United Airlines employees are vaccinated for Covid. Now we are getting somewhere. The airline is mandating vaccines for their employees. It can be done!
First, this has nothing to do with COVID. What a fantastic way to reduce the labor pool without having to manufacture a reason or worry about seniority. In an irony of ironies, Trump was vilified for trying to reduce the number of Federal employees and shrink the Government, yet Biden with his vaccine mandate is doing it for him.

Second, the debate started with the vaccine will prevent COVID, to the vaccine will help the different variants from not being so bad when one invariably catches it, to now it reduces medical costs and sick days. So, again its back to businesses and saving money. Interesting...

I hate both political parties and am disinterested in the Vaxx\anti-vaxx debate, but find the intersections of politics and business fascinating. Money can buy anything......
Old 09-30-2021, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
Believe it or not, company "rules" are not ironclad directives and have been challenged successfully in the court, even at the Supreme Court. Company rules can sometimes be unconstitutional.
Didn't this just get ruled on it Texas (of all places). It might have just been the state courts. Basically the ruling was - as long as the company is not asking an employee to do something illegal, they can have any rule they want. So, Hooters can ask their waitresses to wear tight t-shirts, hospitals and ask their employees to be vaxxed, etc.
Even in SF, where I worked most of my career, companies had a set of rules employees were expected to follow - want to bring your dog to work, get a job at Facebook. Ain't gonna happen at Bank of America.
Old 09-30-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
The sad thing is that the same logic can be used with pistols and any number of ideas which they want. It just might be a can of worms that all of us will disagree with sooner or later. They can fine us and withdraw our funds with no trouble. Maybe soon we will get speeding tickets on I-75 in the mail or a text. It may say $200 has been withdrawn for doing 70 mph in a 55 On 29 September 2021 at 1842 hours
I don't agree with this, but somewhere in our checkered past it was decided that corps are like people with similar rights. I as a person am perfectly within my rights to not allow someone in my house (or to work for me) who is wearing a pistol, or doesn't have shoes on, or isn't vaxxed, or is vaxxed. The same holds with a corp (as I understand it) and any employee is perfectly free to find employment elsewhere if they don't like the rules.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
So? They still can get Covid and shed it, more specifically the variant which they have limited immunity against. So that's what drives the infection rate higher. Only one strain is being shed by those vaccinated driving up the infection rate for all. Not the unvaccinated who can get and shed both strains of the virus which actually weakens it and reduces transmission.
OK, it's Sept. 30th and I think we have a winner for the most idiotic post of the month. Congrats!!!
Old 09-30-2021, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Are you saying it is the vaccinated whot are driving this pandemic at this point, not the un-vaccinated? If this were the case, why then are we all being encouraged by the experts to get vaccinated?

Do you have a link that verifies what you have said? I would like to read about it and not just take your word for it. Seems very counter productive for the big push for everyone to be vaccinated.
At the risk of being labeled as a conspiracy theorist, follow Alex Berenson on substack.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
I saw today on the news that nearly 99% of United Airlines employees are vaccinated for Covid. Now we are getting somewhere. The airline is mandating vaccines for their employees. It can be done!
Do you ever ask yourself why we're mandating a 'vaccine' that really isn't? It's really nothing more than a good therapeutic. What do you want to bet that it's only a matter of time before they start mandating the boosters?
Old 09-30-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Vaccinated employees most likely will not require hospitalization if and when they test positive. That is a huge incentive for companies to mandate vaccinations, especially for companies that are self insured.
Do you ever really listen to what you are advocating? It's also a huge violation of the individual's civil liberties.

What's next? Weekly drug tests to ensure no employee is doing anything adverse to their health to keep premiums down? Daily submittal of your dietary intake to ensure optimal health to keep premiums down? Why not mandate a government recommended daily vitamin? Healthy hair is important, let's mandate a specific type of shampoo......

Because of this mandate, we're going to have 100's of thousands of people that will now be unemployed with no unemployment or health benefits. What good is that going to do for the country?
Old 09-30-2021, 06:33 AM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

This idea of firing people who have worked someplace for 30 years for not being vaccinated and on the other hand allowing millions in the country from all over the world that are not vaccinated and have health problems for our medical to take care of, and put the burden on tax payers and the country
Old 09-30-2021, 06:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,857 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
So? They still can get Covid and shed it, more specifically the variant which they have limited immunity against. So that's what drives the infection rate higher. Only one strain is being shed by those vaccinated driving up the infection rate for all. Not the unvaccinated who can get and shed both strains of the virus which actually weakens it and reduces transmission.
Those who are vaccinated may still be able to get Covid, but they are much less likely to get it, especially those who have had a booster shot. While the very few who have been vaccinated and still get Covid can potentially shed viral particles, the length of time they shed is very much shorter.

This is from the CDC:
“Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to spread the virus for a shorter time: For prior variants, lower amounts of viral genetic material were found in samples taken from fully vaccinated people who had breakthrough infections than from unvaccinated people with COVID-19. For people infected with the Delta variant, similar amounts of viral genetic material have been found among both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people. However, like prior variants, the amount of viral genetic material may go down faster in fully vaccinated people when compared to unvaccinated people. This means fully vaccinated people will likely spread the virus for less time than unvaccinated people.”

Delta Variant: What We Know About the Science | CDC.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
The COVID-19 shot does not prevent you from getting the virus
The COVID-19 shot does not prevent you from spreading the virus
Why on god green earth should not getting one prevent you from working or getting a job
I truly think the world has done lost their minds

Last edited by Eg_cruz; 09-30-2021 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Finally someone who has done their research. I don't think they realize that & what the spike protein is doing to their arteries.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:03 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
OK, it's Sept. 30th and I think we have a winner for the most idiotic post of the month. Congrats!!!
Not according to Dr. Robert Malone. Maybe you should watch his interviews.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
As a retired MD, I can only state that there are so many inaccuracies in your statement that I am at a loss for words to explain them.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
One advantage to having all the employees vaccinated is lower medical costs, leading to lower insurance rates. Another is fewer sick days, enabling them to better-schedule workers.
If that is the case why is it the vaxxed are the ones getting the new variant?
Old 09-30-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriS View Post
If that is the case why is it the vaxxed are the ones getting the new variant?
You lost me with this one. Has fox news cooked up another variant?
Closed Thread

Tags
united, news, airlines, employees, airline

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.