Vaccine Financial Help

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2020, 08:52 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 523 Posts

Fun fact: Dolly Parton gave Moderna one million dollars for research.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:05 AM

Pfizer took 1.8 billion on July 22!
Old 12-23-2020, 09:57 AM

Pfizer financed the entire project and owns the intellectual properties. Moderna took money upfront and sold the right to the USA. It's that simple.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:00 AM

I REFUSE THEIR UNPROVEN VACCINE. I read that the German or European vaccine is effective in Europe/ the U.K. only. And further saw a nurse in Tennessee facility I believe was on tv camera video’d saying how happy she was she and her nurses got vaccinated — because they work in COVID UNIT. THEN SHE SAID SHE FELT DIZZY TOUCHED HER FOREHEAD. STOOD UP AND COLLAPSED TO THE FLOOR. With doctors rushing to her unconscious form.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Moderna took $1.B from the Government and Pfizer took $0.0. Wonder what the strings are on that one or is Pfizer just financially better equipped to develop and deliver?
I do not claim to be an expert but things that I've heard from financial news. Both Pfizer and Moderna a corporations you can, perhaps do own stock in them. Pfizer is owned by several countries, China is a major owner, and if I recall France and Germany. Moderna is listed as American owned. As to strings, I'm sure there are some. I surely there are some. As stated, I'm not expert but as I understand it our government to get the vaccines out at record speed has contracted for production even before the drugs are, were approved.

Cost do we know. We hear the government will give to the population for free. Nothing is free. It will be added to your tax bill and or to the growing national debt.

Either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine are two shots. It is unclear if we will need boosters
in the future. Will those boosters also be paid for by the government? When, you will be able to get the vaccine, will you be able to choose which one?

Again I am not an expert. Rumor is that Johnson and Johnson has one that is only one injection.

Risk? We all demand exact answers yes, or no. We do not realize that everything has risk. You go to pick up your mail. If, you choose to walk, you can trip, you can get hit by a car, bit by a dog, hit by a car, hit by a golf cart, a bike. Even run over by a camel I suppose is possible.

Last edited by DAVES; 12-23-2020 at 10:32 AM. Reason: addition-
Old 12-23-2020, 10:51 AM

I did not know that. I just want to know where we can get the Vaccine here in the Villages. I am extremely immunosuppressed and I need it quickly if possible.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensor17 View Post
I REFUSE THEIR UNPROVEN VACCINE. I read that the German or European vaccine is effective in Europe/ the U.K. only. And further saw a nurse in Tennessee facility I believe was on tv camera video’d saying how happy she was she and her nurses got vaccinated — because they work in COVID UNIT. THEN SHE SAID SHE FELT DIZZY TOUCHED HER FOREHEAD. STOOD UP AND COLLAPSED TO THE FLOOR. With doctors rushing to her unconscious form.
A perfect example of a half truth and a poster making up the other half.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-23-2020, 11:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
Yes Moderna is very small compared to Pfizer. Those two are the ones that are using messenger RNA[hence Moderna] as the breakthrough process for the vaccine instead of chicken eggs and time. Whatever the financial process both are coming through at unheardof speed. And we should be thankful it's happening.

I feel the same!
Old 12-23-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Moderna took $1.B from the Government and Pfizer took $0.0. Wonder what the strings are on that one or is Pfizer just financially better equipped to develop and deliver?
Here’s what happened as reported by multiple news media:

In July, Pfizer got a $1.95 billion deal with the government’s Operation Warp Speed, the multiagency effort to rush a vaccine to market, to deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine. The arrangement was an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company would not get paid until they deliver the vaccines. Pfizer did not accept federal funding to help develop or manufacture the vaccine, unlike front-runners Moderna and AstraZeneca.

So yes they did not accept any money for development but they did get an advance purchase agreement. They also as reported yesterday entered into another $2billion purchase agreement with the government for the purchase of 100 million more doses to be available before July 2021.

Whether they accepted funding for development was their choice
Old 12-23-2020, 11:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Pfizer got $0 from the US GOVERNMENT.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

The U.S. paid $456 million in funds for Johnson & Johnson's vaccine, paid Moderna's almost a billion bucks for their candidate vaccine, $1.2 billion in support for AstraZeneca's candidate vaccine, $1.6 billion in funds to support the large-scale manufacturing of Novavax's vaccine candidate, $1.95 billion in funds to Pfizer for the large-scale manufacturing and nationwide distribution of 100 million doses of their vaccine candidate(july22), approximately $2 billion in funds to support the advanced development, including clinical trials and large scale manufacturing, of Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) investigational adjuvanted vaccine, etc. etc.

The reason we did not PRE-order more vaccine doses is that we did not know who would come up with a viable vaccine candidate so we ordered something like a million doses each from about five or six different pharmas with the option of ordering more. There was no use pre-ordering from one company not knowing if they would have a successful vaccine candidate.
I realize that the idea is to disparage our Gov. for the past four years in an attempt to manipulate politics, but the fact is that this is an amazing accomplishment and we and the world was lucky to have America's leadership to push for results so fast and to cut the red tape that usually slows things down to years instead of months.
Taken from HHS.gov website
Old 12-23-2020, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensor17 View Post
The exact same thing happened to me a month ago...

when I got a cortisone shot in my hip.

It's called a vagal nerve response and happens to random people following an injection (usually a vaccine, but really any injection can trigger it).

It had never happened to me before, was completely unexpected, and I recovered within a few minutes after sitting back on the exam office reclining chair, having a dixie cup of water, and the doctor setting a cool wet cloth on my forehead.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinTV View Post
I used to feel that way but have recently seen way too many things "Unamerican" to make me comfortable any longer.
Be optimistic. Things CAN get better. And they will. Also what is "American" and "UnAmerican" have changed over the decades. Remember it used to be American to lynch black people who smiled at a white man's wife, or looked a white man in the eye. That used to be an American and totally acceptable thing to do.

We've evolved since then. We've DEvolved a bit over time, but we do keep progressing forward.

This mess with the virus is one example of devolution. If we had remained members of WHO, we might have had more vaccines available to us from the get-go. If we had paid attention to the trends of science rather than the trends of fear and hatred, our country might have been better off than it is now. How much better? Who knows. We won't know, because we were not giving the opportunity to know. The people responsible for making those decisions chose to not do what science suggested, once science determined there were actual steps to take. Until then, they could only say "this doesn't seem to be needed" or "that doesn't seem to be a problem." When they finally realized it was a problem, and something needed to be done, the people responsible for decision-making chose to believe all the people who said "BUT YOU SAID YESTERDAY...therefore you don't know anything!"

And here we are now, arguing over who gets first dibs on the vaccine.
Old 12-23-2020, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
The U.S. paid $456 million in funds for Johnson & Johnson's vaccine, paid Moderna's almost a billion bucks for their candidate vaccine, $1.2 billion in support for AstraZeneca's candidate vaccine, $1.6 billion in funds to support the large-scale manufacturing of Novavax's vaccine candidate, $1.95 billion in funds to Pfizer for the large-scale manufacturing and nationwide distribution of 100 million doses of their vaccine candidate(july22), approximately $2 billion in funds to support the advanced development, including clinical trials and large scale manufacturing, of Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK) investigational adjuvanted vaccine, etc. etc.

The reason we did not PRE-order more vaccine doses is that we did not know who would come up with a viable vaccine candidate so we ordered something like a million doses each from about five or six different pharmas with the option of ordering more. There was no use pre-ordering from one company not knowing if they would have a successful vaccine candidate.
I realize that the idea is to disparage our Gov. for the past four years in an attempt to manipulate politics, but the fact is that this is an amazing accomplishment and we and the world was lucky to have America's leadership to push for results so fast and to cut the red tape that usually slows things down to years instead of months.
Taken from HHS.gov website
The so-called Pfizer vaccine is REALLY a small GERMAN company's vaccine because they were the BRAINS behind it, the developers of it. - Pfizer is just the middle man between their small company and large Governments. Incidentally, the German Company's vaccine was developed and owned by a MUSLIM couple from Turkey ( the wife is Black). So, it was much MORE of an international vaccine than an American development. So much for misplaced patriotism?
Old 12-23-2020, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Be optimistic. Things CAN get better. And they will. Also what is "American" and "UnAmerican" have changed over the decades. Remember it used to be American to lynch black people who smiled at a white man's wife, or looked a white man in the eye. That used to be an American and totally acceptable thing to do.

We've evolved since then. We've DEvolved a bit over time, but we do keep progressing forward.

This mess with the virus is one example of devolution. If we had remained members of WHO, we might have had more vaccines available to us from the get-go. If we had paid attention to the trends of science rather than the trends of fear and hatred, our country might have been better off than it is now. How much better? Who knows. We won't know, because we were not giving the opportunity to know. The people responsible for making those decisions chose to not do what science suggested, once science determined there were actual steps to take. Until then, they could only say "this doesn't seem to be needed" or "that doesn't seem to be a problem." When they finally realized it was a problem, and something needed to be done, the people responsible for decision-making chose to believe all the people who said "BUT YOU SAID YESTERDAY...therefore you don't know anything!"

And here we are now, arguing over who gets first dibs on the vaccine.
Great post with respect to devolution away from science. (the rock group "DEVO" warned us about this in the1970s). Incidentally, I notice that ssssoooo many posters here are exuberant about getting the vaccine. I also endorse the vaccines. But, here is one fact that may not be known to many. Recent medical / Science experts have predicted that by next April around 25,000 lives will be SAVED by the vaccines. HOWEVER, 56,000 additional lives would be SAVED by merely increased, conscientious use of MASKS FROM NOW UNTIL April!!!! - 56,000 lives - double the lives saved by the vaccines. Google it. Food for thought!

MLK said that there may be setbacks, but overall the arc of history is upward toward justice !
Closed Thread

Tags
pfizer, vaccine, develop, equipped, financially

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.