Vaccine "Passports"?

Closed Thread
Old 04-04-2021, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Reading back on these last few posts, it appears that I'm not making myself very clear with my thoughts. I think I will take a break for a while. See ya!
Old 04-04-2021, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,398 Times in 2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Reading back on these last few posts, it appears that I'm not making myself very clear with my thoughts. I think I will take a break for a while. See ya!
Almost 400 posts in this thread. I don't think anyone is making themselves clear.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-04-2021, 03:08 PM

The more regulations imposed the less freedom we have.
Old 04-04-2021, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Of course, Covid is a disease. But.......I did not say one has to divulge they had Covid. It is the VACCINATION to Covid that I was referring to that would need to be proven. This should have been clear enough.

This is what I said and I'm copying and pasting my words here.......
"Disclosing vaccination status is not disclosing any sort of disease or health issue."
"Vaccination Status" is most certainly a health issue...
Old 04-24-2021, 09:25 AM

According to HIPAA regulations which were passed under the Clinton administration (and took full effect by 2001) anything related to your health, conditions, or treatment are considered private. Supreme court ruled in 1905 that mandatory vaccinations were Constitutional in cases of a pandemic. In 1922, vaccine law was further enshrined in a ruling that allowed schools to reject admittance without certain vaccines. There are exceptions to the rule where-by Government institutions may require vaccine. The most important of these was under a religious freedom clause in which forced vaccinations were ruled unconstitutional in 1944.

Either way, your status as a vaccinated person may not be shared freely unless you explicitly authorize. Unfortunately, corporations MAY ask for vaccine status as condition of service. But you can also refuse to answer on condition of religious objection. If they deny you service on condition of your religious stance, you have a lawsuit.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Bottom line....it is the anti-vaxxers that are fighting the idea of a vaccine passport tooth and nail. They are the ones who are willing to cruise with un-vaccinated people on board.

Anti-vaxxers have almost always historically been Democrats. This is overwhelmingly true, and if you search (use Bing, not Google) for articles pre-2019... you'll find an overwhelming concurrence that Progressives / Democrats are vehemently against vaccinations as a whole. It typically is more rooted in doing things organically, etc.

When Trump was still president... even leading up through February of this year... Democrats were even more anti-vaxx because they didn't trust the vaccine since it had been a huge push from President Trump.

After the Harris/Biden administration came in, there WAS a shift in trust... which is largely rooted in much of the seemingly oppressive push that they've tried to roll it out. Despite the narrative that you're perpetuating... there's still an overwhelming mistrust among the progressive and minority population. So much in fact that the current administration has been trying to elicit the support of Hollywood to make infomercials to try to get people to take the vaccine.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Not quite, skippy.

Many companies require a drug test as a condition of employment. You can object on religious grounds, but you won't get the job if you don't get the drug test. They have the right to require proof that you're clean and sober. If you can provide some other means of proof, I'm sure they'd consider accepting it. But currently, a blood test and urinalysis are the only methods of testing for certain chemicals in the bloodstream.

For vaccines, they want to make sure that you aren't going to Typhoid Mary your way into killing their staff and customers. If you can provide some proof other than a Vaccine card (such as proof of immunity via anti-bodies, perhaps), then sure they should be able to accept that proof. But they absolutely positively DO have the right to reject you as a potential employee if you refuse to provide that proof.

But lulu, when did we start demeaning posters with childish nicknames?
Old 04-24-2021, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonResident View Post
Anti-vaxxers have almost always historically been Democrats. This is overwhelmingly true, and if you search (use Bing, not Google) for articles pre-2019... you'll find an overwhelming concurrence that Progressives / Democrats are vehemently against vaccinations as a whole. It typically is more rooted in doing things organically, etc.

When Trump was still president... even leading up through February of this year... Democrats were even more anti-vaxx because they didn't trust the vaccine since it had been a huge push from President Trump.

After the Harris/Biden administration came in, there WAS a shift in trust... which is largely rooted in much of the seemingly oppressive push that they've tried to roll it out. Despite the narrative that you're perpetuating... there's still an overwhelming mistrust among the progressive and minority population. So much in fact that the current administration has been trying to elicit the support of Hollywood to make infomercials to try to get people to take the vaccine.
Don't use Bing. Who does? Anyhow, a link would help to verify your assertions.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:39 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Not quite, skippy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
But lulu, when did we start demeaning posters with childish nicknames?
That's normal...gets the point across better
Old 04-24-2021, 08:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
"Vaccination Status" is most certainly a health issue...
I do not see it that way. At all.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonResident View Post

All Trump had to do was publicly get the vaccine with Mrs. Trump receiving the vaccine too. Latest stats that I have seen is 45% of Republicans do not want to be vaccinated. Don't you think it would have been a great public service effort for the Trumps to send a message to his supporters to get the vaccine? I certainly do. He dropped the ball.

Tags
vaccine, government, passports, regulation, generally

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.