Vaccine "Passports"?

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2021, 04:55 AM
Default Conservatives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
I'd like to respectfully throw something out there for discussion and perhaps we can learn a bit from each other.

Our governor has said he will prohibit vaccine passports which would require us to prove we've been vaccinated in order to gain access to some businesses, offices, or restaurants.

I find it interesting because it speaks to how we all want the best for our country; we just approach it in different ways. Conservatives are not fond of government interference in general, but they support this proposal. Liberals are generally okay with government regulation but do indeed want a vaccine passport which DeSantis is opposing.

Just goes to show modern American life is not all cut and dried. We all have to give a little.

If you want to respond but feel the need to be belligerent or snarky, please move on to the next thread. Thanks.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Says He'll Ban Vaccine Passports
Well, conservatives supporting the vaccine ID cards is news to me. I'm conservative, and most of my friends are as well, and none of us support the vaccine ID cards. My guess is that MOST, but not all, conservatives would NOT agree with such a proposal.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Vaccine Passport doesn't seem much different than TSA PreCheck, Global Entry or Clear. All their purposes are to get you through a specific point faster, more conveniently and before others without the right paperwork. I'll bet if the government charged $100 for a Vaccine Passport you'd be waiting in line for hours to get one so you can beat the wait to get on a plane or boat or bus. .
Is that all it means?????

Because all the buzz is that you will be REQUIRED to have one to travel, go to stadiums, restaurants etc---which IMHO is a violation of the first amendment and probably the 4th, 9th, and 10th as well
Old 03-31-2021, 05:08 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm a social liberal, fiscal conservative. I'm pro-capitalism. And I think vaccine passports are an excellent idea. I'd sign up to get one if it meant a shorter wait time at the airport or at the cruise ship pre-boarding process hall.
Agreed

And I'd be mighty irritated if my vacation was impacted by somebody who refused to get a vaccine and then got sick.

100% proof of vaccination or you don't travel. Very Simple.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:10 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Is that all it means?????

Because all the buzz is that you will be REQUIRED to have one to travel, go to stadiums, restaurants etc---which IMHO is a violation of the first amendment and probably the 4th, 9th, and 10th as well
Doesn't matter - it's a public health risk - hence the Supreme Count ruling thath a vaccine can be made mandatory.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
And we still have to wear masks according to Fauci.
They want us to protect those who aren't vaccinated, in case we can carry the virus.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:18 AM
Default No Vac Passports.

Wear the mask
Vaccinated or not
Till the Covid virus is no longer with us.
Work diligently at vaccinating any one who wants it.
Spoke to someone in Canada yesterday.
She will not vaccinate because it is aborted babies stuff to change our DNA.
Absolute nonsense from a very good friend.
Mask up at all times
get vaccinated or not
and shut up about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
I'd like to respectfully throw something out there for discussion and perhaps we can learn a bit from each other.

Our governor has said he will prohibit vaccine passports which would require us to prove we've been vaccinated in order to gain access to some businesses, offices, or restaurants.

I find it interesting because it speaks to how we all want the best for our country; we just approach it in different ways. Conservatives are not fond of government interference in general, but they support this proposal. Liberals are generally okay with government regulation but do indeed want a vaccine passport which DeSantis is opposing.

Just goes to show modern American life is not all cut and dried. We all have to give a little.

If you want to respond but feel the need to be belligerent or snarky, please move on to the next thread. Thanks.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis Says He'll Ban Vaccine Passports
Old 03-31-2021, 05:18 AM

I absolutely do not agree that we should be required to have vaccine passports for everyday life. Period we have had many viruses and contagions over the years and NEVER have we required this and I will not start now! I have worked all along through this without a vaccine and never got Covid. If a mask protects you, then why the vaccine and if the vaccine protects you why the mask. This is getting ridiculous for a virus that has a 98% survival rate.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Doesn't matter - it's a public health risk - hence the Supreme Count ruling thath a vaccine can be made mandatory.
There is public health risks every day and has been since the beginning of time, It’s unbelievable how people have become so gullible, you could have been standing in an elevator with someone who had TB 5 years ago. It’s called brainwashed.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Agreed

And I'd be mighty irritated if my vacation was impacted by somebody who refused to get a vaccine and then got sick.

If your protected by the vaccine then why do you care? Apparently you don’t trust it..
Old 03-31-2021, 05:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Agreed

Idiotic idea-----Very Simple

Why?????
Because even those that are vaccinated may be in the 5% that do not acquire immunity (or 20+% with J&J or Astra-Zeneca), and then there is the question of how long that immunity lasts. So someone gets the vaccine, gets the "passport", and then we still don't know if they are any different than the unvaccinated. And they are certainly less protected than those who had COVID and recovered, but not vaccinated.
How long is the "passport" good for? Renew every what? 3 months,6 months, year? How do you get "100% proof" that a person previously vaccinated is still immune? The "experts" tell us that the antibody test is not valid for that purpose, it is only a marker of previous infection or vaccination. (If it is like most antibody tests, immunity would be dependent upon the titer, usually a 1:32 dilution is adequate, but this is a novel virus and I don't think this has been studied)

So playing out this "passport" scenario, it would be entirely possible, even likely, that someone who has been vaccinated (but did not acquire immunity), has the paperwork to travel, shop, eat out , etc. , while the person next to him in line without the "passport" but is totally immune by virtue of previous infection is denied those privileges. Same with someone whose did acquire immunity, has the "passport", but enough time has passed that their immunity has faded.

Add to the ineffectiveness of such a "passport" plan is the enormous task of actually enforcing it. Most retail stores that currently REQUIRE a mask do not challenge customers who are not wearing one. Imagine the difficulty with something as invasive as a vaccine?
Old 03-31-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
Well, conservatives supporting the vaccine ID cards is news to me. I'm conservative, and most of my friends are as well, and none of us support the vaccine ID cards. My guess is that MOST, but not all, conservatives would NOT agree with such a proposal.
Absolutely agree, I will not be forced to get a vaccine card...never..
Old 03-31-2021, 05:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
There is public health risks every day and has been since the beginning of time, It’s unbelievable how people have become so gullible, you could have been standing in an elevator with someone who had TB 5 years ago. It’s called brainwashed.
Gullible isn't the right word. Concerned citizen, maybe. For a virus that has killed millions, it's intelligent, not gullible..
Old 03-31-2021, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Idiotic idea-----Very Simple

Why?????
Because even those that are vaccinated may be in the 5% that do not acquire immunity (or 20+% with J&J or Astra-Zeneca), and then there is the question of how long that immunity lasts. So someone gets the vaccine, gets the "passport", and then we still don't know if they are any different than the unvaccinated. And they are certainly less protected than those who had COVID and recovered, but not vaccinated.
How long is the "passport" good for? Renew every what? 3 months,6 months, year? How do you get "100% proof" that a person previously vaccinated is still immune? The "experts" tell us that the antibody test is not valid for that purpose, it is only a marker of previous infection or vaccination. (If it is like most antibody tests, immunity would be dependent upon the titer, usually a 1:32 dilution is adequate, but this is a novel virus and I don't think this has been studied)

So playing out this "passport" scenario, it would be entirely possible, even likely, that someone who has been vaccinated (but did not acquire immunity), has the paperwork to travel, shop, eat out , etc. , while the person next to him in line without the "passport" but is totally immune by virtue of previous infection is denied those privileges. Same with someone whose did acquire immunity, has the "passport", but enough time has passed that their immunity has faded.

Add to the ineffectiveness of such a "passport" plan is the enormous task of actually enforcing it. Most retail stores that currently REQUIRE a mask do not challenge customers who are not wearing one. Imagine the difficulty with something as invasive as a vaccine?
Thank you...there is absolutely no logic in any of this nonsense...
Old 03-31-2021, 05:30 AM

Quote:
If this was just an individual issue, I would agree with you. However, all these policies and procedures were instituted to minimize a worldwide pandemic that could have killed hundreds of millions. There is a huge difference between public health measures and individual health.
And the flu has killed hundreds of millions over the years and none of this nonsense....
Old 03-31-2021, 05:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Gullible isn't the right word. Concerned citizen, maybe. For a virus that has killed millions, it's intelligent, not gullible..
This not the first infectious disease that has killed millions, and it won't be the last. But it is the first where governments have stepped in and closed down world economies, limited individual rights such as travel and freedom of assembly, and dictated personal choices such as mask wearing and now vaccines. And this is what is being called "intelligent"?????
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, government, passports, regulation, generally

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.