Vaccines to go to Florida residents ONLY

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2021, 07:35 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

I just hope that it works. We'll see.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
Trying to clarify - we are building, but do not currently own since closing does not happen until completion in May.
We are renting through then with a resident ID card - will that suffice for the ID requirement or should i not even bother?
We were going to wait until the house is ready to do drivers licenses to avoid doing it twice.
That is a great question for the Governor's office. Email them here......

Contact Governor
Old 01-21-2021, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Seeing as how spurious claims are put down on here by avid researchers, and yet, still not a single link to any number for foreigners being vaccinated.
It makes you wonder if the whole story was just click bait!
There must be some truth to it otherwise the Governor's office would not have changed their policy to reflect, "Only Florida residents can be vaccinated in Florida". I'm glad our governor made that decision.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
There must be some truth to it otherwise the Governor's office would not have changed their policy to reflect, "Only Florida residents can be vaccinated in Florida". I'm glad our governor made that decision.
We will soon see what practice results.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Does anyone know how many vaccinations foreigners recieved in total?
As far as out of state people getting vaccinated, as the central government is picking up the tab for the vaccine, why not?
It's all coming out of the same pot!
It's wrong for out of state people to come to Florida for the vaccine. That only creates a shortage for valid Florida residents. What are they supposed to do then? Travel to another state to get their vaccine? That makes zero sense. Florida vaccines should go to Florida residents, period.

I put the blame for the distribution issues on the ones doing the distribution and prioritizing non residents over residents. I am glad that DeSantis stepped in and put an end to that nonsense. There seems to be an epidemic of nonsensical people these days which is sad.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
ONLY Florida residents can be vaccinated in Florida. People from other states will not be able to be vaccinated in Florida unless they have documentation that they reside in Florida. I guess that could mean people who own a home in Florida although they are not permanent residents. This could get complicated.
If the people own a house in Florida and have a doctor in Florida then they should be able to get the vaccine. They live in Florida part of the year and should be able to prove that they do.

People flying in from NJ to visit Disney World and take advantage of Florida vaccine distribution - no.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,587 Times in 5,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotneko View Post
Trying to clarify - we are building, but do not currently own since closing does not happen until completion in May.
We are renting through then with a resident ID card - will that suffice for the ID requirement or should i not even bother?
We were going to wait until the house is ready to do drivers licenses to avoid doing it twice.
Here is what Publix requires.

Florida residency requirements.

The state of Florida requires that those receiving their first vaccine dose provide proof of residency meeting criteria 1, 2, or 3 below.

Valid Florida driver license issued by Florida State Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV).
ORValid Florida identification card issued by Florida State Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV).
ORIf a customer cannot present #1 or #2, the customer can prove satisfactory Florida residency by presenting a copy of any two of the following items if they reflect a Florida residential address (Note: A P.O. box or commercial/business address is not sufficient and the second item must be from a different category than the first item):

Category A: a deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet, OR residential rental or lease agreement

Category B: a utility hookup or utility work order dated within 60 days before the date of vaccination

Category C: a utility bill dated within two months of the date of vaccination

Category D: mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, dated within two months of the date of vaccination

Category E: mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, dated within two months of the date of vaccination

Category F: proof of a Florida residential address for the individual’s parent, stepparent, legal guardian, or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides in Florida, PLUS a written statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:28 AM

In Florida, we have a large percentage of non citizens. They need to get vaccinated or the virus will continue to spread. Do people have to show proof of citizenship like a passport? How can they tell if a person is not a citizen.

I want every human to receive the vaccine so the spread will not continue, who cares where they come from. As we know there are a lot of snowbirds in The Villages and they need vaccines as well.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfree1411@aol.com View Post
In Florida, we have a large percentage of non citizens. They need to get vaccinated or the virus will continue to spread. Do people have to show proof of citizenship like a passport? How can they tell if a person is not a citizen.

I want every human to receive the vaccine so the spread will not continue, who cares where they come from. As we know there are a lot of snowbirds in The Villages and they need vaccines as well.
You can see for yourself the proof that Publix is requiring. If the person is here legally and is residing in Florida legally, they should be able to provide proof of that.
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, vaccine, state, citizens, receive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.