Is VAERS legit?

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2021, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts
Default Is VAERS legit?

Slightly outdated by a month, but still concerning. Since even though the total numbers are smaller than the virus deaths, it is still a bit alarming that the death toll is so much higher than previous years when it comes to reported vax related deaths. I haven't heard any of this discussed in the News, but maybe I missed it?

VAERS Summary for COVID-19 Vaccines through 8/13/2021 – VAERS Analysis
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	VAERSvxdeaths2.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	90815   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	VAERSvxdeaths.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	90816  
Old 09-15-2021, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

VAERS - Guide to Interpreting VAERS Data
VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning that reports about adverse events are not automatically collected, but require a report to be filed to VAERS. VAERS reports can be submitted voluntarily by anyone, including healthcare providers, patients, or family members. Reports vary in quality and completeness.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Instead of checking a third-party website that analyzes data from a source, without telling you what their metrics were for their analysis, why not just check the VAERS database yourself?

Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)

That is the actual VAERS website. The one you linked to it not a government site.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:43 PM
Sage

Also, VAERS does not determine cause of death. They're pretty particular about making sure the user of their database understands that. "Reported death" means someone reported that someone died. It doesn't mean that a death was confirmed, that a death was caused by anything in particular. But this is, specifically a vaccine-data website so there will always be some kind of correlation which does not mean causation.

If someone gets vaccinated and falls out of a tree, their death is not caused by the vaccine, it's caused by breaking their neck during a fall.

However if someone gets vaccinated, and climbs a tree that day and suddenly gets dizzy and then falls and breaks their neck, THAT would be a "correlation." But it still doesn't mean there's a causation. Their dizziness could've been caused by a momentary hearing imbalance as a result of running a chainsaw on four other trees in the yard right before they climbed that one.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Instead of checking a third-party website that analyzes data from a source, without telling you what their metrics were for their analysis, why not just check the VAERS database yourself?

Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)

That is the actual VAERS website. The one you linked to it not a government site.
So the information is FALSE?
You believe that it's only accurate if it comes from a government site? Seems like we had some problem with the CDC website recently.
Still, whether accurate or not, is it not concerning to anyone that we have not heard (or I haven't) anything related to this subject in the media, whether MSM or the other? Perhaps they worry that this information would undermine the "agenda?"
Old 09-16-2021, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

i have been to this site in the past. i'm not so sure the info is false, just that anyone can 'report' an incident, & if i remember correctly, the site does not validate any info posted. please correct if i am wrong
Old 09-17-2021, 11:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i have been to this site in the past. i'm not so sure the info is false, just that anyone can 'report' an incident, & if i remember correctly, the site does not validate any info posted. please correct if i am wrong
Good point.
I wonder how the CDC tabulates it's numbers of infections. Does it count how many PEOPLE are infected or how many TESTS showed positive. Not the same. And my understanding of how they diagnose the results of the tests is that they run each test up to 40 times. If they get a positive result after ten they call it positive. If it has to go to 40 with no positive, they call it negative. What I read my be incorrect, but that is what I get from how they conduct the tests. And then, my understanding now is that even the Flu can show up as a positive on those tests.
So, is it how many positive tests or how many people actually tested positive? How do they avoid counting one person tested five times as five infections? And if someone tells me that they have a database of names tested positive, then prove it to me. How do they register home test kit results?
Old 09-17-2021, 11:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

I think the point of questioning this sites data is simply it is "reported" data. Sort of like "exit polls". Anyone can report something, and somethings won't get reported. I would steer clear of anything based on non-validated/verified data.

At least that is my understanding of the data - I am open to being corrected.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I think the point of questioning this sites data is simply it is "reported" data. Sort of like "exit polls". Anyone can report something, and somethings won't get reported. I would steer clear of anything based on non-validated/verified data.

At least that is my understanding of the data - I am open to being corrected.
Uh, how does one report their own death by vaccine? Just being facetious. My understanding was that doctors are reporting the deaths to VAERS. Maybe I am mistaken.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Uh, how does one report their own death by vaccine? Just being facetious. My understanding was that doctors are reporting the deaths to VAERS. Maybe I am mistaken.

If folks do not like the information, then the site is not a valid source of information.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:07 PM
Sage

It's a source of information. It's just not the kind of information you are assuming it is. This is the layman's explanation of the function of VAERS and how the CDC uses the data:

If there are numerous reports by a variety of people (or medical professionals, or pharmaceutical companies) all stating similar side effects - then the CDC will look for patterns. If they find a pattern, they'll investigate it and see if there's any significant correlation that deserves further investigation to explore possible causation.

A guy who dies - and is discovered to have fallen out of that tree that I mentioned in my previous post - would not be counted among "people with problems that show a pattern with this vaccine." It would not be a correlation, it would be coincidental.

However - if all of a sudden you have 400 people who don't normally ever climb trees, all suddenly climbing trees and falling out of them and dying..

well now you have a pattern. And now the CDC has to check that out and see if there's something about the vaccine that is causing people to go insane and have some compulsion to climb trees and fall out of them.

I use this ridiculous example because it's the most obvious one I can think of that would really show a distinction between "correlation" and "causation" and why the CDC would only investigate certain data and disregard other data.

The info is made public, but it's not intended to be used by the public for anything at all. It is one tool among many that the CDC and the FDA use to gather data about vaccines. Nothing more or less.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
You are mistaken. Any person can report whatever they want to this system. This would include antivax people reporting fake reports of deaths to further their agenda that the vaccines are dangerous. The system is totally not designed for use in the way the OP is using it. The CDC does not report the source of the reports. It does use the system for monitoring the post marketing safety of vaccine products.

The website the OP is using for his information is hardly a neutral site. It describes the use of vaccines as
"Especially in the face of the greatest medical experiment in history?"
Old 09-28-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Slightly outdated by a month, but still concerning. Since even though the total numbers are smaller than the virus deaths, it is still a bit alarming that the death toll is so much higher than previous years when it comes to reported vax related deaths. I haven't heard any of this discussed in the News, but maybe I missed it?

VAERS Summary for COVID-19 Vaccines through 8/13/2021 – VAERS Analysis
You didnt miss it. They report it, they get cancelled. A major reason many are fearful of this shot. The government and msm push to censor any dissenting views
Old 09-28-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
VAERS is a passive reporting system, meaning that reports about adverse events are not automatically collected, but require a report to be filed to VAERS. VAERS reports can be submitted voluntarily by anyone, including healthcare providers, patients, or family members. Reports vary in quality and completeness.
So birth defects, deaths and reactions to the vaccine are actually higher than the vaers shows. That is even more frightening.
Closed Thread

Tags
deaths, vax, years, missed, reported

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.