Walgreens mistakenly injected two kids with the Covid-19 vaccine instead of flu shot

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2021, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caretaker View Post
I would own Walgreens!!!!!
Very much doubt it. The plaintiffs will have to show damages, and based on the symptoms listed BY THEIR LAWYER, they don't have much at all. In fact, a good defense attorney will be able to attribute all their "side effects" to anxiety, or at least plant that idea in the jury's mind.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

I hope the kids are ok. The shot wiped me out with severe body aches for a few days. So, I can't imagine getting a much larger dose.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
I hope the kids are ok. The shot wiped me out with severe body aches for a few days. So, I can't imagine getting a much larger dose.
That would entirely depend on whether that effect was idiosyncratic or dose related
Old 10-17-2021, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

Not that I know of but I do know of several cases where the wrong knee was operated on or hip for an implant, which is why most doctors put a big x where they're going to operate on for these types of surgeries beforehand when you're awake
Old 10-17-2021, 06:31 AM
Veteran member
Default Consider this

There have probably been about 500 million shots given in America. I am surprised there have not been more than these two mistakes. My wife went just for a test several weeks ago and yes the lady behind the counter window was slammed doing this for 8 hours straight and yes I can see how a mistake can easily happen. I don't really know what the point was in even writing about this as probably getting hit by a car is a much higher percentage of happening as an accident
Old 10-17-2021, 06:46 AM

I hate to state the obvious, but who gives flu shots to four and five year olds? My grandkids have never had a flu shot. The kids shouldn't even be in this equation.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,177 Times in 834 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBChris View Post
I hate to state the obvious, but who gives flu shots to four and five year olds? My grandkids have never had a flu shot. The kids shouldn't even be in this equation.
I hate to state the obvious, but you don't know what you are writing about. Influenza vaccine has been recommended for ALL CHILDREN over 6 months of age for over a decade. And for those 6 to 24 months for two decades.

If you have any actual interest in understanding this recommendation read about it from the American Academy of Pediatrics

A clear definitive statement from the CDC

"Everyone 6 months of age and older should get an influenza (flu) vaccine every season with rare exception. "

Last edited by blueash; 10-17-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:04 AM

For the life of me, why would parents not take their children to their Pediatrician for vaccination? Pharmacies are slammed everywhere giving hundreds of Covid vaccinations every day. It’s a recipe for error.
Old 10-17-2021, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I hate to state the obvious, but you don't know what you are writing about. Influenza vaccine has been recommended for ALL CHILDREN over 6 months of age for over a decade. And for those 6 to 24 months for two decades.

If you have any actual interest in understanding this recommendation read about it from the American Academy of Pediatrics

A clear definitive statement from the CDC

"Everyone 6 months of age and older should get an influenza (flu) vaccine every season with rare exception. "
Thank you---I hate being the only one setting people straight
Old 10-17-2021, 04:17 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That would entirely depend on whether that effect was idiosyncratic or dose related
Smdh……..you think a 4 yr can image up a heart system.
Every one of your post is always the Covid-19 shot can do no harm.
I ready like the one where you said long Covid wasn’t real……
Now you write that a 4 and 5 yr can make up side effects ………smdh
Old 10-17-2021, 05:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
Smdh……..you think a 4 yr can image up a heart system.
Every one of your post is always the Covid-19 shot can do no harm.
I ready like the one where you said long Covid wasn’t real……
Now you write that a 4 and 5 yr can make up side effects ………smdh
I would respond, but I have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about.

But I'll try anyway:

I never said "long haul Covid" wasn't real, I pointed out that the symptoms were pretty much all somatic in nature and therefore hard to verify.

I never said that Covid vaccines could "do no harm", I stated again that most of the reported side effects were also somatic in nature, there are some that COULD be "real"

I don't know what "imaging up a heart systems" is supposed to mean, but I never stated that the kids made up symptoms and there was nothing stated that these kids had any cardiac symptoms, and if anything was "made up" it would not be by a 4 year old, but by their parent's attorney.

Please read before launching lame imaginary attacks on a subject that I doubt you are versed in.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:31 PM

Our family is boycotting Walgreens. Too many errors. I had all our prescriptions transferred to Publix Pharmacy. Then they still filled one even though it was transferred out and I had just picked it up from Publix. I don't even have my prescriptions there anymore and they're still making errors. SMH
Old 10-18-2021, 05:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
Our family is boycotting Walgreens. Too many errors. I had all our prescriptions transferred to Publix Pharmacy. Then they still filled one even though it was transferred out and I had just picked it up from Publix. I don't even have my prescriptions there anymore and they're still making errors. SMH
I hope you realize that "Walgreen's" does not make mistakes, people make mistakes, and they can be found everywhere!
Old 10-18-2021, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
dittos--last night i went to pick up my dog's meds & they gave me the wrong rx. it was for human high blood pressure. a tad furious, i called & was upset over the non-chalantness of the pharmacists reaction. i was given a sing-song reply of how over worked they are, no xtra help, no one given lunch breaks, no applicant's for jobs, (even though) there were 2 techs, 1 pharmacist & 1 tech doing shots.
Old 10-23-2021, 10:16 AM
Veteran member

"They will probably do o.k." How can the doctor even say that? These are the first children to receive an adult dosage of the Covid vaccine and it's not even approved at a pediatric dose for children, yet. They have no idea what the long term repercussions are going to be for those little ones.

There are a lot of frivolous lawsuits out there but if the parents choose to sue Walgreens I think they have a very solid case.
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccine, walgreens, shot, medicine, mistakenly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.