Welcome to the "Freedom Cafe"

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2021, 06:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default Welcome to the "Freedom Cafe"

An interesting SATIRICAL piece ....... just some "food" for thought (Pun intended).

Copied from: 'Freedom Cafe' description is a perfect response to arguments against mask requirements - Upworthy

Twitter user "Libby" has a satirical take (original Twitter posts) on the issue, one that perfectly illustrates how absurd anti-mask arguments sound in the context of public health. "Welcome to the Freedom Cafe!" she wrote. "We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food."

"We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom," she continued, "but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do.
We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is sufficient, and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs."

"Some of our cooks may prefer to use the same utensils for multiple ingredients, including ingredients some customers are allergic to. That is a cook's right to do so," she added.

"Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can't touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean."

"Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they'd prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth.

Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you'll agree that it's a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do - and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
An interesting SATIRICAL piece ....... just some "food" for thought (Pun intended).

Copied from: 'Freedom Cafe' description is a perfect response to arguments against mask requirements - Upworthy

Twitter user "Libby" has a satirical take (original Twitter posts) on the issue, one that perfectly illustrates how absurd anti-mask arguments sound in the context of public health. "Welcome to the Freedom Cafe!" she wrote. "We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food."

"We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom," she continued, "but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do.
We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is sufficient, and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs."

"Some of our cooks may prefer to use the same utensils for multiple ingredients, including ingredients some customers are allergic to. That is a cook's right to do so," she added.

"Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can't touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean."

"Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they'd prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth.

Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you'll agree that it's a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do - and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy."
I read this recently and loved it. It is such a great way to explain why "freedom" is a really stupid reason to not wear a mask.
Old 08-28-2021, 07:55 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

I too read this recently and while it perfectly exemplifies the silliness/selfishness of the anti-mask/anti-vaccination contingent, those who need to understand it the most - will fail to do so.
Old 08-28-2021, 08:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

I felt this one was good also.
Old 08-28-2021, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

Not really the same..
Old 08-28-2021, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Not really the same..
You know, you're absolutely right.

The allergens in the food doesn't really count, because it will ONLY affect people who are allergic.

Everything else can affect each of the customers, whether they're allergic or not.
Old 08-28-2021, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Not really the same..
Well heck, no one claimed it to be a scientifically accurate Twitter posted S-A-T-I-R-E. Since when do most people worry about scientific accuracy anyway?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	iv.jpg
Views:	1361
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	90587  
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-28-2021, 01:00 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Thank you, EdFNJ, I loved it!

Boomer
Old 08-28-2021, 02:37 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post

Twitter user "Libby" has a satirical take (original Twitter posts) on the issue, one that perfectly illustrates how absurd anti-mask arguments sound in the context of public health. "Welcome to the Freedom Cafe!" she wrote. "We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food."[/."
So Twitter is your reliable source for medical advice on Covid 19? LOL Figures.
Old 08-29-2021, 06:03 AM

If you don’t like one of those things that’s going on in a restaurant, don’t go to it. That’s what freedom is.🤔😊
Old 08-29-2021, 07:15 AM
Default CAfe

Exactly! Right on satire.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:20 AM

That'll learn the great unwashed. Sure, a message couched in satire. Just the ticket. The vaccinated can feel superior to the unvaccinated because they understand the sermon on the mount.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,901 Times in 914 Posts

Good one!

The issue everyone struggles with is freedom vs SAFETY. . .

part of freedom is reasonable safety. . .

those two concepts are intertwined in the legal, health and government systems.

good luck to all
Old 08-29-2021, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Just to point out, I am pretty sure that just about in every state of the union children must be vaccinated to enter public School. I am pretty sure also that just in every state cigarette smoking is highly regulated in public stores and restaurants. I am pretty sure that in every state seat belts are to be worn in automobiles when you are driving or a passenger. I am pretty sure that in every state young infants must be in car seats specifically designed for them for their safety. I am also pretty sure that in most States and this I'm not positive there's a helmet law for motorcyclists, not in Florida but there should be. I am also pretty sure red means stop and green means go and an intersection but you can do what you want if you want to get t-boned. I am also pretty sure that if the infection rate keeps going up it will be Federal mandates and state mandates that will find you if you don't wear a mask now that would be scary, but remember even in China they locked you down in your apartments for 30 days and would arrest you if you're out on the street so come on people use some relatively common sense and wear a mask.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
So Twitter is your reliable source for medical advice on Covid 19? LOL Figures.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, prefer, cooks, healthy, choices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.