Welcome to the "Freedom Cafe"

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2021, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

I love satire.
But, lets be more informative about the proper and ONLY mask that is certified to work
and,
the proper attire to wear to protect one from the virus
and,
for those that panic the proper safe room

Please do NOT wear a paper mask because you are more likely to catch covid or a cold by handling the mask after shopping. We would not like for you to be a carrier. And when wearing the proper gear, it will be easy for your spouse to spray you with disinfectant and hose you down before you return to your safe room.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	USMilitaryGasMask.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	90593   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	poncho.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	90594   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	saferoom.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	90595  
Old 08-29-2021, 08:10 AM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
It's not a coincidence, that so many have been triggered by this satire, since they know (regardless of the source) - that it is true.
The satire uses the slippery slope logic fallacy.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Proper use of paper mask?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	mask01.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	90597   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	mask02.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	90598   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	mask03.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	90599  
Old 08-29-2021, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Not really the same..

It couldn't be any more perfect. Love it!
Old 08-29-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
An interesting SATIRICAL piece ....... just some "food" for thought (Pun intended).

Copied from: 'Freedom Cafe' description is a perfect response to arguments against mask requirements - Upworthy

Twitter user "Libby" has a satirical take (original Twitter posts) on the issue, one that perfectly illustrates how absurd anti-mask arguments sound in the context of public health. "Welcome to the Freedom Cafe!" she wrote. "We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food."

"We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom," she continued, "but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do.
We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is sufficient, and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs."

"Some of our cooks may prefer to use the same utensils for multiple ingredients, including ingredients some customers are allergic to. That is a cook's right to do so," she added.

"Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can't touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean."

"Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they'd prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth.

Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you'll agree that it's a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do - and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy."
Totally absurd...and not the least bit funny. And no, the science is not clear on how and why universal masking is effective.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Good one!

The issue everyone struggles with is freedom vs SAFETY. . .

part of freedom is reasonable safety. . .

those two concepts are intertwined in the legal, health, and government systems.

good luck to all
Public good/safety is a function we expect the government to be involved in. Private safety is debatable.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsatterlee View Post
If you don’t like one of those things that’s going on in a restaurant, don’t go to it. That’s what freedom is.������������
I love it. More satire!
Old 08-29-2021, 09:38 AM

Hello.
Hi, table for two, please.
Sure, and your name.
Mark.
Great. And do you and your guest have your vaccination cards?
We do. Can you tell us who our server will be?
Um, looks like Michael will be your server tonight.
Great. Can you show us Michael's vaccination card as well as proof he is a U.S. Citizen.
Um...
And also, can you provide me with proof that Michael's is not a carrier of HIV, Hepatitis A, B, C, or any other communicable diseases?
Um...
Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc., so if you could provide us with Michael's most recent tox screen, that would be great.
Um... Let me get the manager for you.
That would be great, thanks.
After all, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander…..
Old 08-29-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
Hello.
Sure, and your name.
Mark.
Great. Can you show us Michael's vaccination card as well as proof he is a U.S. Citizen.
Um...
And also, can you provide me with proof that Michael's is not a carrier of HIV, Hepatitis A, B, C, or any other communicable diseases?
Um...
Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc., so if you could provide us with Michael's most recent tox screen, that would be great.
Wait, on some planet showing proof of Covid vaccination is the same as all those other concerns?? Unless you been asked to prove that you are clear of all of them, where does the goose/gander thing comes in???
Old 08-29-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,511 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
Hello.
Sure, and your name.
Mark.
Um...
Um...
Except, YOU went to THEM. You want something from THEM. Do you want it, or not? Are you in THEIR place of business, or in YOUR place of business? Is this THEIR house or YOUR house? Do THEY get to make the rules of their own place, or did they sign that right away to you?

If I were the restaurant owner I'd ask you to step over to the side to ask your questions, let everyone else get ahead of you, and tell you sorry - all the tables are full, try again some other day.

And I'd keep doing that until you get the point: when you go to someone ELSE's turf, THEY get to make the rules.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Except, YOU went to THEM. You want something from THEM. Do you want it, or not? Are you in THEIR place of business, or in YOUR place of business? Is this THEIR house or YOUR house? Do THEY get to make the rules of their own place, or did they sign that right away to you?

If I were the restaurant owner I'd ask you to step over to the side to ask your questions, let everyone else get ahead of you, and tell you sorry - all the tables are full, try again some other day.

And I'd keep doing that until you get the point: when you go to someone ELSE's turf, THEY get to make the rules.
Interesting. So as a restaurant owner I can say; I don’t like your tattoos so you can’t eat here, or you don’t look like you showered recently so I’m denying you entry, or you’re to heavy, you’ll make my other diners feel like I’m serving unhealthy food…
According to you, I get to make the rules? Right?
Old 08-29-2021, 10:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Interesting. So as a restaurant owner I can say; I don’t like your tattoos so you can’t eat here, or you don’t look like you showered recently so I’m denying you entry, or you’re to heavy, you’ll make my other diners feel like I’m serving unhealthy food…
According to you, I get to make the rules? Right?
Yes, the restaurant owner does get to make the rules, ever notice the "We reserve the right to refuse service" signs.

Now, in our litigious society, it would b wise for the restaurant owner to not say WHY they are denying you service - the WHYcanbe grounds for a discrimination suit. But, to simply say, I do not want your business to please leave my establishment is every business owner's right.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:53 AM
Default Freedom cafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
An interesting SATIRICAL piece ....... just some "food" for thought (Pun intended).

Copied from: 'Freedom Cafe' description is a perfect response to arguments against mask requirements - Upworthy

Twitter user "Libby" has a satirical take (original Twitter posts) on the issue, one that perfectly illustrates how absurd anti-mask arguments sound in the context of public health. "Welcome to the Freedom Cafe!" she wrote. "We trust you to make your own choices if you want to wear a face mask. And, in the same spirit of individual liberty, we allow our staff to make their own choices about the safety procedures they prefer to follow as they prepare and serve your food."

"We encourage employees to wash their hands after using the bathroom," she continued, "but understand that some people may be allergic to certain soaps or may simply prefer not to wash their hands. It is not our place to tell them what to do.
We understand that you may be used to chicken that has been cooked to 165 degrees. We do have to respect that some of our cooks may have seen a meme or a YouTube video saying that 100 degrees is sufficient, and we do not want to encroach on their beliefs."

"Some of our cooks may prefer to use the same utensils for multiple ingredients, including ingredients some customers are allergic to. That is a cook's right to do so," she added.

"Some servers may wish to touch your food as they serve it. There is no reason that a healthy person with clean hands can't touch your food. We will take their word for it that they are healthy and clean."

"Water temperature and detergent are highly personal choices, and we allow our dishwashing team to decide how they'd prefer to wash the silverware you will put in your mouth.

Some of you may get sick, but almost everyone survives food poisoning. We think you'll agree that it's a small price to pay for the sweet freedom of no one ever being told what to do - and especially not for the silly reason of keeping strangers healthy."
THIS MADE OUR DAY - SHOULD BE IN EVERY NEWSPAPER - LOVED IT !!!!
Old 08-29-2021, 10:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I too read this recently and while it perfectly exemplifies the silliness/selfishness of the anti-mask/anti-vaccination contingent, those who need to understand it the most - will fail to do so.
I resent you lumping
Anti mask with anti vaccines. The vaccines are science and have statistical proof they work. Everyone should get vaccinated. Masks have zero proof they work. Based on the size of the virus they are worthless. The analogy is using a chain link fence to keep out mosquitoes. If you wear a mask use an N95 which at least blocks something. If everyone got vaccinated we could stop the mask stupidity.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 08-29-2021, 12:47 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1040 View Post
THIS MADE OUR DAY - SHOULD BE IN EVERY NEWSPAPER - LOVED IT !!!!
And maybe followed by those who disobey the masking rules they promulgate for the deplorables. The sheep are so willing to follow because thinking hurts.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, prefer, cooks, healthy, choices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.