Welcome to the "Freedom Cafe"

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2021, 01:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Public good/safety is a function we expect the government to be involved in. Private safety is debatable.

Like eminent domain?
Old 08-29-2021, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
Hello.
Hi, table for two, please.
Sure, and your name.
Mark.
Great. And do you and your guest have your vaccination cards?
We do. Can you tell us who our server will be?
Um, looks like Michael will be your server tonight.
Great. Can you show us Michael's vaccination card as well as proof he is a U.S. Citizen.
Um...
And also, can you provide me with proof that Michael's is not a carrier of HIV, Hepatitis A, B, C, or any other communicable diseases?
Um...
Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc., so if you could provide us with Michael's most recent tox screen, that would be great.
Um... Let me get the manager for you.
That would be great, thanks.
After all, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander…..

EXCELLENT!
Old 08-29-2021, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,456 Times in 3,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Interesting. So as a restaurant owner I can say; I don’t like your tattoos so you can’t eat here, or you don’t look like you showered recently so I’m denying you entry, or you’re to heavy, you’ll make my other diners feel like I’m serving unhealthy food…
According to you, I get to make the rules? Right?
As long as the you aren't discriminating against someone on the basis of a protected status, yes. You get to make the rules.

You can require male diners to wear jackets and ties. You can require tattoos to be completely obscured/covered. You can require that patrons don't wear perfume. You can require that if you have blonde hair, you wear a scarf to cover it. Being blonde, wearing perfume, having a tattoo, and not wearing a jacket are not protected statuses.

Clubs in "high society" areas have bouncers that reject potential customers at the door if they don't have the right look, wear the right clothes, or come with the right guests. It's your business, you can let in or reject whoever you want as long as it doesn't violate actual discrimination laws.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Interesting. So as a restaurant owner I can say; I don’t like your tattoos so you can’t eat here, or you don’t look like you showered recently so I’m denying you entry, or you’re to heavy, you’ll make my other diners feel like I’m serving unhealthy food…
According to you, I get to make the rules? Right?
Sorry Mr Swoop, Actually they can.

Under federal anti-discrimination laws, businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class or a included disability. At the national level, protected classes include: Race or color. National origin or citizenship.

Federal law offers additional protection against discrimination through the Americans with Disabilities Act. That law prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities when it comes to employment, transportation, and public accommodations. Places of public accommodation include stores, theaters, restaurants, hotels, daycare centers, gas stations, and doctors' offices.

Unless you can prove Body odor, weight and tattoos are disabilities then YES you can be refused service for exactly that.

Does Your Business Have the Right to Refuse Service to Customers? | Insureon

Legitimate reasons for refusing to serve a customer include:

Customers who arrive before, or refuse to leave after, business hours
Rowdy or disruptive behavior
Lack of hygiene or cleanliness
Violating set rules such as a dress code
Threats to the health and safety of workers or customers
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, prefer, cooks, healthy, choices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.