What's up with Australia?

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2021, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts
Default What's up with Australia?

I've always thought about going to Australia, ever since childhood. I've had it on my bucket list for years.
Now, I wonder what the heck is going on "down under." Recently, there was something in the news about how the gov is regulating the citizen's alcohol consumption. I thought that a bit weird but shrugged it off as being a bit heavy handed. Now, I read that Australia is moving Covid infected citizens to CAMPS. Some are equating it to concentration camps. Speculation about what is to become of their animals care and who might watch their vacant homes while they are gone. Would their gov be liable for any damage or squatters in their empty homes? I understand that they are calling them "quarantine camps."

Does this strike anyone else as a bit weird?
Old 11-24-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

The quarantine camps are for non vaccinated travelers.
You will not be without beer any where you travel.
Australian drink and driving laws are severe.
If you like flies, cockroaches, spiders, and are happy that seven of the ten most poisonous creatures are to be found in Australia, go for it!
My brother has lived there for over forty years.
We have visited many times (5) and traveled over much of the country.
We have all survived.
'tis a great place to visit!!

Last edited by Two Bills; 11-24-2021 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I've always thought about going to Australia, ever since childhood. I've had it on my bucket list for years.
Now, I wonder what the heck is going on "down under." Recently, there was something in the news about how the gov is regulating the citizen's alcohol consumption. I thought that a bit weird but shrugged it off as being a bit heavy handed. Now, I read that Australia is moving Covid infected citizens to CAMPS. Some are equating it to concentration camps. Speculation about what is to become of their animals care and who might watch their vacant homes while they are gone. Would their gov be liable for any damage or squatters in their empty homes? I understand that they are calling them "quarantine camps."

I would love to know where this information is coming from. Links, please. It sounds to me like someone has taken one or two bits of information and blown them up with supposition and rumor. Our kids have lived there for 15 years and have dual citizenship. We talk to them every week but have heard nothing about this.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I would love to know where this information is coming from. Links, please. It sounds to me like someone has taken one or two bits of information and blown them up with supposition and rumor. Our kids have lived there for 15 years and have dual citizenship. We talk to them every week but have heard nothing about this.
Can you imagine any government in Australia having the balls to cut of the beer supply????
NO WAY!
Old 11-24-2021, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

re: What's up with Australia

trying to get my head around something being UP in a country that's DOWN UNDER...just saying
Old 11-24-2021, 09:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post

trying to get my head around something being UP in a country that's DOWN UNDER...just saying

Old 11-24-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

How many references do you need, and which form of news do you wish? I did not believe it either, but used my web search and found several links to it. That's why I mentioned it, not because I wished to spread rumor. My spouse also has relatives that have lived there for over 60 years.

Apparently, this stuff is rather old news but I had not had it pop up on my news feed or on TV that I know of. Maybe I missed it?

Victorian quarantine hub | Victorian Government
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...bb9_story.html
Regional COVID-19 quarantine facility to be built near Wellcamp Airport in Queensland - ABC News
Inside the Darwin quarantine camp, where life is '''like a holiday''' for people escaping lockdown - ABC News
Australian state considers mining camps for coronavirus quarantine | Reuters
Old 11-24-2021, 10:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post

Always wondered Down Under What?
Old 11-24-2021, 12:51 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post

We would do well to follow their example.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:00 PM

The camps will have "Vaxx Macht Frei" over the front gates
Old 11-24-2021, 03:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
We would do well to follow their example.

The Villages "Camp" is fine with me..........
Closed Thread

Tags
bit, australia, camps, gov, weird

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.