Who else is very tired of Dr. Faucci and mixed messages?

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2021, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
This is a reply I made on another forum. This was my response to someone who claimed that Dr. Fauci said we did not have to wear masks if we were not symptomatic..........

I truly believe Dr. Fauci lied alright and I will never forgive him, even if it came from the top to tell the American people this lie. The reason I say this is because Dr. Fauci has worked with respiratory viruses his entire career and has devoted his life's work to epidemiology. The influenza virus has asymptomatic carriers of the virus so it was very possible the Covid virus would also. Why not err on the safe side???

Respiratory viruses are transmitted by droplets and aerosols and the Covid virus is no different. Dr. Fauci knew this. I understand why he lied. He even said he lied to us but for a good reason. He said he did not want Americans to purchase all the PPE that the health care professionals needed to take care of sick Covid patients. He apologized for the lie. I heard him say it in an interview on TV.

I honestly think if he and the administration at the time. were honest with the American people, we could have had a handle on the pandemic better than we have faired. Home made masks were better than nothing for protection but very effective for source control. All Dr. Fauci had to tell the American people was to cover our faces when in public with anything other than N95 or KN95 masks. Leave those N95 and KN95 masks for the health care professionals who are on the front lines fighting the war against Covid.

Just out of curiosity, early on in the pandemic, I went to Amazon to see how many N95 or KN95 masks there were and how much they were. To my surprise, every single listing for N95 or KN95 masks were blocked off to the public. They were only for sale for health care providers and health care facilities. That is all it took to prevent the general public from preventing those supplies from going to the health care professionals.

I firmly believe Dr. Fauci's hands were "tied" by his boss at the time. And I'm so damn mad about that!
=================================

Having said all that.......I would like to add to this above comment that I still do trust Dr. Fauci. He made it very clear to the American people in months after the pandemic began, that he did lie about us not needing masks if we were not having symptoms but for a good reason. At least he admitted to the lie which, to me, is a testament to the man's character. He finally told us the truth which is more than I can say for his previous boss.
Very early on, people tried to buy up ALL the N-95 and KN-95 that they could find for the intent of "price gouging" Dr. Fauci and others tried to lessen that to get the masks in the hands of Hospital workers only.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Truer words were never spoken. IMHO, I have always thought that if EVERYONE wore a mask in public AND kept a safe distance from others ALL THE TIME, we would not be in this mess of a pandemic.
There is proof. Australia and South Korea followed guidelines and they are NOT # 1 in CV deaths like the US. The US stupidity and false pride (like these posts) made us # 1.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:40 PM

Like I said, protocols and directives are changing every day and that’s why he changes course. When things like mutations and new vaccines are thrown into the mix, he has to adjust everything. And with all that he is shouldering he still manages to keep us all informed. I thank God for Dr Fauci.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean G View Post
On January 25th, 2021 the WHO (World Health Organization) declared there is NO VALUE OR BENEFIT TO WEARING A MASK. That was buried in by the news media. The same day Fauci said to wear two masks. The media ran with that. That was the last day I listened to anything Fauci has said.
Got your source...
Again...Facebook....
---------------

"A website screenshot being shared on Facebook has falsely claimed that the World Health Organization (WHO) said in a January 2021 press conference that it was advising people without symptoms of coronavirus not to wear face masks.

The screenshot was taken from a WordPress blog that has posted other unsubstantiated claims(here). On Jan. 25, an entry headlined “WHO: You do NOT need to wear a mask” was posted to the site, claiming the WHO had there was no medical reason to support the wearing of masks outside hospital (here). The post added that the comments were made during a press conference on Jan. 22, before linking to the WHO’s video page (WHO | World Health Organization).

“In a telling admission made on January 22, 2021, the World Health Organization now say there is no scientific medical reason for any healthy person to wear a mask outside of a hospital,” the post read. “Sadly, our corrupt politicians and mainstream media only relate the bad news.

“If you do not have any respiratory symptoms, such as fever, cough, or runny nose, you do not need to wear a medical mask. When used alone, masks can give you a false feeling of protection and can even be a source of infection when not used correctly.”

This is not true. There was no such comment made during the Jan. 22 press conference, nor is this in line with the WHO’s guidance.

------------------

Fact check: The World Health Organization did not change advice to say masks are not necessary | Reuters

Why can't people go with reality.....

Last edited by Bucco; 02-25-2021 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
When this entire situation was in its infancy I remember telling my wife that instead of trying to follow all the advisers on television lets boil it down to two people. We picked Fauci and Dr Mark Siegel.

As time went on we noticed that Fauci seemed to Waffle on many different items that he was supposed to be advising the American People on. He lost our attention when he proved to be about as Stable As Jello. He is either a very confused person or he delivers very confusing messages.

I wish him no harm but I wouldn't mind seeing some new blood in his position. Maybe someone who could reenergize the effort to make some major progress.

I don't know that Fauci acting differently at a ballgame or in front of the camera would have made one bit of difference. I just drove past two different adult pools and they were jammed with people.
You are either forgetting, or you choose to ignore, the fact that his employer at the time FORBADE him to talk. And when he tried delivering facts, his employer stepped on them and refuted them. Eventually, his employer refused to allow him to speak publicly at all, and replaced him someone else. That someone else at first tried to speak plainly but eventually she caved - until she eventually just walked away in frustration.

Dr. Fauci stayed the course, in media silence, continuing his research, continuing to DO HIS JOB, while his employer continued the blame game and patting himself on the back for killing "only" 100,000 people (at the time)...

And now that Dr. Fauci no longer has that particular employer, he can say what's on his mind, freely.

The only reason he buckled and obeyed his former employer in NOT talking to the media - was because he felt his research was more important than his sound bites.

Now, he gets to provide both again.
Closed Thread

Tags
health, faucci, job, rubio, public

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.