Who else is very tired of Dr. Faucci and mixed messages?

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2021, 04:15 PM
Sage

If people getting the shot cannot get back to doing what they were prior to the virus, then why get the shot?? I’m suspect and will never get the shot.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
If people getting the shot cannot get back to doing what they were prior to the virus, then why get the shot?? I’m suspect and will never get the shot.
How about not dying? Is that enough incentive for you? How about not have those lingering long haul side effects even if you do survive the virus? Is that enough incentive for you?

There is new evidence coming out of Israel that the mRNA vaccines prevent the transmission of the virus. That is the best news to come our way about these vaccines. Dr, Fauci did make this announcement and I saw him on a news cast on TV saying that.

In addition, because of this new evidence, fully vaccinated people who have an exposure to a Covid positive person, DO NOT have to quarantine. To me, this means there is evidence that a vaccinate person can not transmit the disease.

This is what the CDC has on their website regarding vaccinated people not needing to quarantine if exposed to Covid. Take note of the 4th bulleted point...........

Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

Just my opinion but if this latest evidence shows without a doubt that vaccinated people will not transmit the virus, there will be updated recommendations from Dr. Fauci. We just have to wait.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:49 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post

There is new evidence coming out of Israel that the mRNA vaccines prevent the transmission of the virus. That is the best news to come our way about these vaccines. Dr, Fauci did make this announcement and I saw him on a news cast on TV saying that.

In addition, because of this new evidence, fully vaccinated people who have an exposure to a Covid positive person, DO NOT have to quarantine. To me, this means there is evidence that a vaccinate person can not transmit the disease.

This is what the CDC has on their website regarding vaccinated people not needing to quarantine if exposed to Covid. Take note of the 4th bulleted point...........

Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC

Just my opinion but if this latest evidence shows without a doubt that vaccinated people will not transmit the virus, there will be updated recommendations from Dr. Fauci. We just have to wait.
Great. So long masks. I am vaccinated.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:08 PM

Finally an intelligent response. He can only make decisions and give advice based on the knowledge and statistics currently available.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,923 Times in 2,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadeofdave View Post
When he said last week we need to pass the stimulus, his credibility off the cliff.
Why did he say that? Money in it for his department. IMO he flip flops too much. Also why FDA dragging feet to evaluate J&J vaccine. That one going to be game changer IMO, you’ll be able to get at drug store, urgent care centers, doctor offices, anywhere where there a pharmacy.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 02-24-2021 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
You CAN trust everything Dr. Fauci says to the American people as of January 20th is the truth and nothing but the truth. He can now be transparent with us, good news or bad news; he has promised to tell us the truth. I saw him say that on a news cast on TV. Something he could NOT do prior to January 20th under his old boss.
That goes straight to his credibility. If you're saying he lied because his boss told him to, that shows lack of integrity. Would you lie because your boss told you to? I know if my boss told me to lie I would either ignore his order or find another job. If your word is no good anything you say is suspect.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-24-2021, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
That goes straight to his credibility. If you're saying he lied because his boss told him to, that shows lack of integrity. Would you lie because your boss told you to? I know if my boss told me to lie I would either ignore his order or find another job. If your word is no good anything you say is suspect.
I see your point but....I still trust the man. He did something that many people could not bring himself to do. Admit he was wrong.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
You got it wrong.

First, he is a man who has been verbally abused by the largest megaphone in the world. If he had news to get out that was not pleasing to admin, he was forbidden to talk, which his boss can, and did do. He ha been called an idiot on national TV and was forbidden to respond.

The experts on TOTV, and other places seem to have become experts in medicine suddenly.

He has been a leader in many causes over the years. As mentioned, he is learning (perhaps not as fast as TOTV posters or some elected officials) as everyone is doing.

This is tiresome, degrading a man, but it is what we are now. Respect nobody who does not agree 100% with is the new philosophy. Accuse people of the things you do.

Dr Fauci does not claim to be perfect, admits he is trying to get it all right.

Headlines today attack him saying Corona Virus “experts” criticize him for mixed messaging. Read the article.....a few of the “experts” have zero medical background, and the criticism is that he is too cautious ( a repeat of things said before when it was at its peak). I will take cautious over announcing early on that the virus is over

He will not tout a drug, nor become complacent about where we are. Instead of praising reckless claims about the downfall of this virus, cannot adults even realize he is not a cheerleader, and, for me anyway, I will be happy with trying to get it right rather than damning this guy.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Why did he say that? Money in it for his department. IMO he flip flops too much. Also why FDA dragging feet to evaluate J&J vaccine. That one going to be game changer IMO, you’ll be able to get at drug store, urgent care centers, doctored offices, anywhere where there a pharmacy.
Get your facts correct. Do not quote people “out of context” with apparently no idea of what he said.

“When asked by Stephanopoulos if schools had the resources available to abide by the new CDC guidelines, Fauci said he did not believe so.

“I think that the schools really do need more resources and that's the reason why the national relief act that we're talking about getting passed — we need that. The schools need more resources.”

Fauci: Stimulus bill needs to be passed for schools to reopen | TheHill

“When asked by Stephanopoulos if schools had the resources available to abide by the new CDC guidelines, Fauci said he did not believe so.

“I think that the schools really do need more resources and that's the reason why the national relief act that we're talking about getting passed — we need that. The schools need more resources.”
Old 02-24-2021, 07:39 PM
Veteran member

Dr. Fauci is not a politician who has to make his mind up on a topic even if he lacks any factual information, then stick with that decision even as new information comes in. His guidance has changed as more information became available about COVID-19 and, unfortunately, as the government chose to ignore the recommendations he made, as well as those made by the CDC, the WHO, etc. and as a significant section of the citizenry has chosen to follow the advice of non-experts, 24-hour news channel talking heads and conspiracy nuts. Has he strayed from his area of expertise on occasion? Possibly. Are we tired of living under the restrictions he has urged? Undoubtedly. Should we follow his advice, even as it is updated, revised and otherwise changed? You bet.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Get your facts correct. Do not quote people “out of context” with apparently no idea of what he said.

Fauci: Stimulus bill needs to be passed for schools to reopen | TheHill

Maybe if the bill wasn't full of non-covid related pork, it would pass.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Maybe if the bill wasn't full of non-covid related pork, it would pass.
First, that is not the subject of this thread, and recall the states got much nothing for the, almost a year, of the virus. Sort of left to “sort it out” themselves.

But this thread has nothing to do with that bill.

But I am sort of used to folks “turning” things.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katieburr View Post
Dr Fauci has kept us all alive for the past year. I trust him to keep us on top of all the latest information. The fact is, Dr Fauci is learning new information every day, just like we are. Every day there is something else to adjust to, and something else for Dr Fauci to disseminate to the world. We have never experienced a global pandemic and we are all just learning as we go. Give the guy a break. Frankly, what I worry more about is all the villagers wandering around with no masks like the pandemic is over. The truth is that if everyone had worn masks from the very beginning this would all be over. Ponder that for awhile.
Remember, when your prophet Fauci decided that we should all wear masks, it wasn’t to eradicate the virus, it was simply to help slow the spread...
Old 02-24-2021, 10:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Remember, when your prophet Fauci decided that we should all wear masks, it wasn’t to eradicate the virus, it was simply to help slow the spread...
Of course the Universal masking and social distancing request was to slow the spread. No one ever said wearing masks would eradicate the virus. And...... your point is?????
Old 02-24-2021, 10:29 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Many times in the last year during Covid-19, I felt that Dr. Faucci was very informative, engaging, and presented information well. During the last months, my attitude has changed. I now feel that he is a Media hog, bends to political influence, and does not consider other factors impacting our overall "Health". There are many of Faucci quotes during the past 12 months that are confusing and erroneous.

But NOW I agree with Rubio> "Dr. Fauci is a very good public-health official. His job is to advise policy makers and inform the public," Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., said on Tuesday. "But his job is NOT to decide what we can do, where we can go or which places can open or close And his job is NOT to mislead or scare us into doing the 'right things.'"

And his floundering of opening schools and lockdowns- terrible.

But his LATEST --- Fauci on Sunday declined to say on CNN that grandparents who are fully vaccinated could see their grandchildren, saying "I don't want to be making a recommendation now on public TV. I would want to sit down with the team, take a look at that."

So, if Faucci represents "Science", that's fine - but just as important to the Medical HEALTH of US citizens is Financial Health and Emotional Health. I don't believe that he takes everything into consideration for us all in terms of OVERALL Health.

Side note> Do you know that Faucci makes more in salary than the US President?
Can't express how much I agree with you, just another self-promoting political animal and actually I am absolutely sure there are MANY more talented and skilled individuals than he, they just don't flaunt their political ambitions and insatiable deep need for media attention, to "be somebody". Also tired of the WHO head administrator, Tedros Adhanom, who uses "Dr." BEFORE his name, I am sure with the intent to be taken for an M.D., and who, although head of public health in.... let's see, where was it, Ethiopia I believe, does not actually hold any M.D. or Ph.D. in a non medical/scientific field. Unfortunately, the people of our country, and many others, do not chose the most qualified or the most naturally gifted in medicine, research, the law, etc., no, we go for the self promoters, the ones who hire a behind the scenes publicist, even in academia. No, it's not quite the same as those who work as entertainment/Hollywood promoters, but it's the same principle. They guide you in how to promote some pretty flimsy articles based on very poor research perimeters, poorly designed studies, and then "promote" this garbage "science" with the smoke and mirrors that serve to impress the vast majority of citizens who have no idea what to look for in a well constructed research study.... the variables, the standard deviations, the margins of error and what that might mean, etc. Believe me, the "cream" does not naturally rise to the top, these folks are self promoters and plan every inch of their "career" rise. They know quite smugly, they are of course, "smarter than the average bear", kind of like the self promoting architect of the Obama medical plan.... remember him on the hot mike ? Too bad, most American's spend a lot more time and research into what color automobile they will buy, than who they catapult to the highest positions and offices, even when it comes to their HEALTH and their education and the education of their children. Don't think it is likely to change either, many could not care less.
Closed Thread

Tags
health, faucci, job, rubio, public

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.