Who are the Naughty antivaxxer refusenicks?

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2021, 08:38 AM
Default Who are the Naughty antivaxxer refusenicks?

Lots of accusations flying around about this, apparently not based on actual facts.

Lets look at the data by race, from KFF (Kaiser)

kff1-jpg

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity | KFF

So looks like Blacks and hispanics are lagging behind asians and whites. Is this because they are poor and lack access or maybe they watch a certain news network?

Here is a vaccine locator at vaccines.gov. There are 50 locations where I can get a free covid shot within 15 miles of my home in rural Ocala. Put any zip code into the the locator and I doubt you'll find many places where there is not free vaccine available with 30 minutes of your home.

Vaccines.gov - Search for COVID-19 vaccine locations

There are some people who just plain refuse to get the jab? First of all, you have a very large group of people who have already had covid. Over 34 million cases in the USA so far, plus probably millions more who were asymptomatic and never tested. That's a very large group of people who already have immunity, and some recent studies show that natural immunity resulted in 33% lower infections.

Effectiveness of the BNT162b2 vaccine in preventing COVID-19 in the working age population – first results from a cohort study in Southern Sweden | medRxiv

People under 40 with no serious health problems represent a very small percentage of total covid deaths and are more likely to die from pneumonia or the flu.

Provisional COVID-19 Deaths by Sex and Age | Data | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Recently the heads of CDC, NIH, and FDA were asked what percentage of their employees were vaccinated and the answer was about 60% There are reports that 20-40% of hospital workers are not vaccinated. These people are probably more educated on disease and vaccinations than your average American.

People in The Villages who are mostly over 65, are obese/diabetic/heart problems etc are rightfully scared of this disease and get the jab as soon as possible. But you might want to step out of the bubble and consider things from another perspective.

If you are one of the millions who have already had covid, or are young and healthy, you might decline the vaccine, and have valid reasons for that decision. Recent reports are showing that the vaccines are not as effective against Delta variant and can have virus loads as high as the unvaccinated, so the antivaxxers might turn the table sand say "hey vaxxer, stay away from me and put on the mask"

Disclosure: I am over 70 with some health problems so I got both shots back in January. But that doesn't mean I have the right to tell young people or covid survivors that they MUST get the vaccine. The whole "antivaxxers are breeding ground for mutations and will kill us all" is kind of laughable. The percentage of people on this planet who have been vaccinated is very small, so mutations will continue even if every American gets the shots. We can't wall off the country from the world.

Hopefully the scientists can adjust and adapt the vaccines, but it looks like this virus is going to be around for awhile. Thanks China!

Last edited by SkBlogW; 07-29-2021 at 08:03 AM. Reason: changed higher to as high as
Old 07-28-2021, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post

If you are one of the millions who have already had covid, or are young and healthy, you might decline the vaccine, and have valid reasons for that decision. Recent reports are showing that the vaccines are not as effective against Delta variant and can have virus loads higher than unvaccinated, so the antivaxxers might turn the table sand say "hey vaxxer, stay away from me and put on the mask"
Care to cite a source for that. The only one I have seen states "nasal carriage loads in the vaccinated are "indistinguishable" for the unvaccinated", so quit the spin
Old 07-28-2021, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Lots of accusations flying around about this, apparently not based on actual facts.

Lets look at the data by race, from KFF (Kaiser)

Attachment 90238

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity | KFF

So looks like Blacks and hispanics are lagging behind asians and whites. Is this because they are poor and lack access or maybe they watch a certain news network?

Here is a vaccine locator at vaccines.gov. There are 50 locations where I can get a free covid shot within 15 miles of my home in rural Ocala. Put any zip code into the the locator and I doubt you'll find many places where there is not free vaccine available with 30 minutes of your home.

Vaccines.gov - Search for COVID-19 vaccine locations

There are some people who just plain refuse to get the jab? First of all, you have a very large group of people who have already had covid. Over 34 million cases in the USA so far, plus probably millions more who were asymptomatic and never tested. That's a very large group of people who already have immunity, and some recent studies show that natural immunity resulted in 33% lower infections.

Effectiveness of the BNT162b2 vaccine in preventing COVID-19 in the working age population – first results from a cohort study in Southern Sweden | medRxiv

People under 40 with no serious health problems represent a very small percentage of total covid deaths and are more likely to die from pneumonia or the flu.

Provisional COVID-19 Deaths by Sex and Age | Data | Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Recently the heads of CDC, NIH, and FDA were asked what percentage of their employees were vaccinated and the answer was about 60% There are reports that 20-40% of hospital workers are not vaccinated. These people are probably more educated on disease and vaccinations than your average American.

People in The Villages who are mostly over 65, are obese/diabetic/heart problems etc are rightfully scared of this disease and get the jab as soon as possible. But you might want to step out of the bubble and consider things from another perspective.

If you are one of the millions who have already had covid, or are young and healthy, you might decline the vaccine, and have valid reasons for that decision. Recent reports are showing that the vaccines are not as effective against Delta variant and can have virus loads higher than unvaccinated, so the antivaxxers might turn the table sand say "hey vaxxer, stay away from me and put on the mask"

Disclosure: I am over 70 with some health problems so I got both shots back in January. But that doesn't mean I have the right to tell young people or covid survivors that they MUST get the vaccine. The whole "antivaxxers are breeding ground for mutations and will kill us all" is kind of laughable. The percentage of people on this planet who have been vaccinated is very small, so mutations will continue even if every American gets the shots. We can't wall off the country from the world.

Hopefully the scientists can adjust and adapt the vaccines, but it looks like this virus is going to be around for awhile. Thanks China!
HUH? Splain please, as Ricky would say.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Care to cite a source for that. The only one I have seen states "nasal carriage loads in the vaccinated are "indistinguishable" for the unvaccinated", so quit the spin
The CDC announced Tuesday that people infected with Delta - vaccinated or unvaccinated - have higher viral loads (meaning they carry greater amounts of virus) compared to other versions of coronavirus. That means even vaccinated people could pass the virus along to others similarly to how unvaccinated people do.

"These vaccines operate really well in protecting us from severe disease and death, but the big concern is that the next variant that might emerge - just a few mutations potentially away - could potentially evade our vaccines," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said in a Tuesday press briefing.

CDC: The coronavirus could be 'just a few mutations' away from evading vaccines
Old 07-28-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
HUH? Splain please, as Ricky would say.
Ask the Director of the CDC, this is why they are reversing course on masks for vaccinated people.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
The CDC announced Tuesday that people infected with Delta - vaccinated or unvaccinated - have higher viral loads (meaning they carry greater amounts of virus) compared to other versions of coronavirus. That means even vaccinated people could pass the virus along to others similarly to how unvaccinated people do.

"These vaccines operate really well in protecting us from severe disease and death, but the big concern is that the next variant that might emerge - just a few mutations potentially away - could potentially evade our vaccines," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said in a Tuesday press briefing.

Well.......then we are all doomed. Let's just pack it in and call it a day.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Ask the Director of the CDC, this is why they are reversing course on masks for vaccinated people.
That comment was directed to the poster that commented vaccinated people carry a higher viral load of the Delta variant than UN-vaccinated people. What????? That just can not be possible. That is why I asked for him/her to "splain".
Old 07-28-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Nope not doomed, the MRNA vaccines can be adapted fairly quickly, new boosters already in the works.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:

Do you really not understand the statement or are you misinterpreting it intentionally?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 07-28-2021, 10:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
The comment did not say that or even imply that. If they say nothing and it gets worse, then they are blamed for hiding the truth, if they discuss possible things that could happen then they are accused of fear-mongering.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Do you really not understand the statement or are you misinterpreting it intentionally?
HUH? That's a copy and paste from the link I posted, not my interpretation.

Old 07-28-2021, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

We are witnessing the re-introduction of the fear factor.
With covid on the decline the decision makers were facing a lack of leverage....fear!

Walenski is the new Fauci flip flopper!
Old 07-28-2021, 10:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We are witnessing the re-introduction of the fear factor.
With covid on the decline the decision makers were facing a lack of leverage....fear!

Walenski is the new Fauci flip flopper!
Here we go again, "fear-mongering" accusation for anyone that says anything some people disagree with. The ENTIRE world is complicit in this conspiracy to drive people into a panic over the virus.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Nope not doomed, the MRNA vaccines can be adapted fairly quickly, new boosters already in the works.
I've said all along....."thank goodness for this mRNA technology".
Old 07-28-2021, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
HUH? That's a copy and paste from the link I posted, not my interpretation.

Yes, that was a copy/paste with a statement attributed to the CDC.

But here:
Quote:

and in your response to two others in this thread, and in another thread you interpret the statement to indicate that a vaccinated individual can have HIGHER viral loads than an unvaccinated. That is not at all what the statement said, as was pointed out in a reply to your post.

Do you misunderstand that the statement is saying the there have been some cases where the viral loads may be the same or do you understand that but want to push the idea that the viral loads in vaccinated individuals may be higher than those in unvaccinated?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
people, covid, vaccine, problems, percentage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.