Who are the Naughty antivaxxer refusenicks?

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2021, 09:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindyd View Post
A few questions I have for CDC are:
What is death rate of Delta variant. If you look at #s, it's low. Viruses mutate, typically getting more infectious, but less serious with each change.

What is science behind requiring vaccinated people to wear masks? Breakthrough % is .003%. There are 2 studies re breakthroughs; 1 rejected bc it is based on vaccine NOT used in US & a small study out of Houston, that is still under review.
Why are kids being masked?
The vaccine hasn't been tested on pregnant women. Shouldn't they, others that Dr's advise not get vaccinated, people with natural immunity & children under 12 be eliminated from vaccine goals.
Why not seek to understand why people aren't getting vaccinated? Why aren't blacks getting vaccinated...bc our VP has repeatedly told them medical community is racist?
Why is CDC silent on # of covid cases, unvaccinated people coming across our border?
Shouldn't the gov answer those questions?

The
The implication of your post, by questioning why you don’t see answers, is that there is some nefarious reason for the “silence”, when if fact there is no silence. The are answers, there is information, there are answers to all your questions.

They might not be the answers you want to hear, and you may need to carefully read the answer several times to get what they are saying.

In general their answers have been like, it is difficult to get precise numbers or death rates because things like testing has been curtailed (think political). So, any numbers we (CDC) have are based on limited data and the numbers are probably low do to under reporting.

The CDC is cursed when it prematurely makes announcements on preliminary data, and they are accuse of “hiding the truth” or lying when the hold off making announcement until they have solid valid data, and then they are accused of political flip flopping when new data shows things are different or changing.

There is definitely a political agenda to discredit the CDC. And this is clearly shown when you look at who trusts the CDC and who doesn’t.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Well GG, this is a personal, not professional opinion, but i think the agenda of the powers that be is to force everyone back into wearing masks for God knows what reason. Therefore, the "statistics" they are going to present and the manner in which they present them may be biased. They will have the ability to "cherry pick" what they tell the public. Remember, "statistics don't lie, people lie with statistics"

I'm looking forward to what the CDC has to say today, and see if it is different (or backtracked) from what they said Tuesday. If so, it would suggest (not conclusively prove) that they are going along with a political agenda and not the science of epidemiology
So, you believe in a nefarious agenda that you can’t figure out, but are sure it exists…
Old 07-30-2021, 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=golfing eagles;1980591]
I'm looking forward to what the CDC has to say today, and see if it is different (or backtracked) from what they said Tuesday. If so, it would suggest (not conclusively prove) that they are going along with a political agenda and not the science of epidemiology[/QUOTE

I posted a link to the CDC report in another thread. The assertion that this is some sort of political stunt is laughable. Our government is not the only one on earth sounding the alarm

Here is a well written article about Israel, the most vaccinated country in the world, and it includes links to actual studies they are doing. Israel is reimposing indoor mask guidelines.

israel-jpg

COVID-19 Case Data in Israel: A Troubling Trend?
Old 07-30-2021, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

[QUOTE=S=kBlogW;1980626]
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I'm looking forward to what the CDC has to say today, and see if it is different (or backtracked) from what they said Tuesday. If so, it would suggest (not conclusively prove) that they are going along with a political agenda and not the science of epidemiology[/QUOTE

I posted a link to the CDC report in another thread. The assertion that this is some sort of political stunt is laughable. Our government is not the only one on earth sounding the alarm

Here is a well written article about Israel, the most vaccinated country in the world, and it includes links to actual studies they are doing.

Attachment 90253

COVID-19 Case Data in Israel: A Troubling Trend?
Not a political "stunt" by any means. I suggested that the data can be presented in such a way as to bias the public toward a desired political agenda, or not. Let's see. Please read carefully, I admit that I sometimes write in such a way that not all can understand.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The Delta variant has changed things by INCREASING the risk. Humans need to be flexible in adapting to NEW conditions. In a war zone, an army has to ADAPT to survive and win - sometimes attacking, sometimes defending, and sometimes retreating. Think of we humans as being in a war against the VIRUS. We have to defend ourselves by getting vaccinated. We can only attack the VIRUS if all the troops are of the same mindset to be vaccinated. The Delta variant is now attacking us. So we must retreat - back to masks and social distancing. The flexible caveman was the one that survived.
Seems to me that a whole lot of people are getting hysterical over the "Delta" but have not chose to look at the death rate lately. Just because it is very contagious, does not equate to being as deadly. Maybe that will change, but right now the death rate is very low.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
WRONG. Here is a link to the CDC fact sheet (at the CDC website) for the Pfizer shot (not a vaccine). A similar document exists for the Moderna shot (not a vaccine):

https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download

In that document is this EXACT quote. I underlined the part you need to know.

FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, which is not an FDA-approved vaccine.
"FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine"

Hmmm, isn't "authorized" a synonym for "approved?"
Would the vaccines be released without approval? Would our gov. approve of an "unapproved" medication?

Sorry, but giving the suggestion that the vaccine is NOT approved is a dog that don't hunt. If one needs an excuse for their fear, I guess that might convince some.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmen View Post
COVId is nothing but political. Yes I can conclusively prove it. COVID just didn't happen.
CERTAINLY A VERY strong statement you make, but still waiting for the conclusive proof you talk of.

Will you be standing tall and advising us of this proof, or simply walk into the sunset ?

Excuse me…..I said STATEMENT you owed the forum…….it is an ACCUSATION for which you need to give your “conclusive” proof.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Seems to me that a whole lot of people are getting hysterical over the "Delta" but have not chosen to look at the death rate lately. Just because it is very contagious, does not equate to being as deadly. Maybe that will change, but right now the death rate is very low.
This is very true. Unfortunately at this point in time, the death rate is almost impossible to calculate because of all the testing being shut down. So, as the CDC said a couple of days ago, they have to assume the numbers they are getting are seriously underreported.

Which if the number of cases is seriously underreported, then the death rate is actually overestimated. But, see that is an assumption - science really tries to avoid assumptions. And without good data it is very hard to come to good conclusions.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
CERTAINLY A VERY strong statement you make, but still waiting for the conclusive proof you talk of.

Will you be standing tall and advising us of this proof, or simply walk into the sunset ?

Excuse me…..I said STATEMENT you owed the forum…….it is an ACCUSATION for which you need to give your “conclusive” proof.
He won't. EVERY single post he makes contact with misinformation that has been banned on various outlets because they have been PROVEN wrong over and over again. Don't bother feeding the troll. It doesn't work. It just gives them pleasure at being responded to.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
"FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
FDA has authorized the emergency use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine"

Hmmm, isn't "authorized" a synonym for "approved?"
Would the vaccines be released without approval? Would our gov. approve of an "unapproved" medication?

Sorry, but giving the suggestion that the vaccine is NOT approved is a dog that don't hunt. If one needs an excuse for their fear, I guess that might convince some.
EDIT: Byte1, I am not referring to you, but to the post, you were referring to:

EDIT: Grr, all that below is sort of wrong - sigh. My bad: From the FDA itself - sigh...

"On December 11, 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued the first emergency use authorization (EUA) for a vaccine for the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in individuals 16 years of age and older."

EDIT: The below is partially wrong and partially right.

Hmm, interesting, I don't want to waste my time researching this because it is just more MISINFORMATION.

But, it seems I recall that the FDA can not give "emergency use authorization" that is the domain of the CDC. When something is needed NOW and can't wait for the FDA to finish all its paperwork, the CDC can be requested to evaluate and approve a EUA. If granted by the CDC the drug (or whatever) can then be used in the specified situations. the CDCs EUA was/is posted on their website. It has expired. But, is being discussed being reissued based on how long the FDA believes it is going to need to finish it's paperwork. The FDA has given NO indication it is not going to authorize it, just the opposite.

So, it is just playing word games, technically the FDA has not approved it. implying it is not safe. When the reality is the CDC went through exhaustive testing (some failed) to come to the EUA they authorized. Obviously, not everything the FDA would do was done - because it was an emergency. So, we are not sure if all technicians working on the production were/are certified. But about the efficacy and short-term safety, there is NO doubt period.

So, this is one more of those bits of "misinformation" that are putting people's lives at risk, resulting in deaths.

Sadly, I do think most of the people we see posting misinformation here, actually believe it. Which makes it even more dangerous.

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 07-30-2021 at 01:28 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, covid, vaccine, problems, percentage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.