Why aren't we mad at China?

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2021, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
I’m not sure about this “dude” way of addressing someone. I’ve heard teenagers or long hair boys going around saying, “hey dude” while glassy eyed and showing little respect. Maybe I’m out of touch, and if so I’m sorry. Who do we call “dude”. The clergy, business owner, police, nurses, doctors. I just don’t know these days who warrants the term DUDE! With all respect to all!

It's really the second time I have typed it to someone....

This morning I typed this meme on Facebook.

The devil said; I am the storm.

I said; Dude I am the parent of a special needs child,

GET OUTA MY WAY. I am the storm.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
People are still ethical. No matter what their ethnicities or national origin. MOST people would not endanger their loved ones on purpose for any reason.. That is not science, nor is it politics, it is built into us. It is innate. It is genetic.
I think you're being naive. Do a search on the Uyghurs and get back to me.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
The US had policies in its history that decimated its inhabitants as have pretty much any other country. Many of these were due to rampant nationalism and racism.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I’m not sure about this “dude” way of addressing someone. I’ve heard teenagers or long hair boys going around saying, “hey dude” while glassy eyed and showing little respect. Maybe I’m out of touch, and if so I’m sorry. Who do we call “dude”. The clergy, business owner, police, nurses, doctors. I just don’t know these days who warrants the term DUDE! With all respect to all!
Didn't bother me in the least.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The US had policies in its history that decimated its inhabitants as have pretty much any other country. Many of these were due to rampant nationalism and racism.
I know that. I also know that generally medical scientists are more ethical than the average person and that most of us would not do anything like this for any reason. I know some would. I know all that. It is not an either or opinion.

I have no problem either with "rampant nationalism" and I am a big fan of patriotic people. All these things come from realizing that we need to use common sense, take care of our own, save our money, don't break the rules we were taught as children and don't eat the bovine excrement dished out to us.

I am anxious to see what this report says. I don't like the decisions from The WHITE HOUSE lately on anything. Folks do seem to ignore the information passed to them and that is whether they are R's or D's. Anyone can act like a dummy and we are seeing examples everywhere we look.
Old 08-25-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Eritrea - Wikipedia

Isaias Afwerki - Wikipedia

Looks like North Korea and Eritrea are the only totalitarian countries in the world in 2021. China does have some checks-and-balances and the Olympics being there in 2022 create more of these. They will try to put on a good face to the world.

I believe that the Chinese are trying to get at the facts as best they can about the origin of COVID-19 because of all the attention brought on by the 2022 Olympics.
Well, there's this:
- China initially denied human to human transmission
- 12/19 to 2/20 prevented sharing of any COVID info it had found
- Didn't report the outbreak to the WHO as required
- Silenced medical workers sending the alarm accusing them of lying and upsetting the social order
- Arrested journalists reporting on the virus. Some reporters simply disappeared never to be heard from again.
- Crucial records from the WIV were destroyed.
- Limited information to outside sources researching the virus
- Delayed the WHO investigation by over a year. Only allowed limited access to witnesses and documents. Wouldn't allow certain investigators to be part of the team.
- Refused the WHO's request for a second investigation
- Accused the US military of bringing the virus to China

Other than that, I guess you can say they're trying to get at the facts as best they can.......
Old 08-25-2021, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Really? I saw this article this evening.

Pfizer CEO predicts a vaccine-resistant COVID-19 variant | Just The News

We are going to be dealing with this nasty bug for the rest of our lives. Right now it seems that our kids, grandkids and great grandkids will be as well.

Why aren't we mad at China? Does anyone really believe COVID didn't originate from China? Does anyone really believe China isn't covering up? They still haven't found the animal host so does anyone really believe COVID isn't man made?

This COVID thing is tearing our nation apart. Meanwhile, China continues to profit economically from this world wide pandemic. Why are we putting up with this? Let's start with boycotting the Beijing Olympics. Let's demand remunerations for the families that have lost loved ones and for all that have suffered due to China's negligence.
Just The News isn't a really great source either; See here;

Just The News - Media Bias/Fact Check
Old 08-25-2021, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
The BIG difference is, the diseases you mention were natural.

There seems to be overwhelming evidence that COVID 19 is man made. A Chinese virologist that defected makes that claim and also claims China went to great lengths to cover it up. Plus there's research that contends the sequence of the genetic make of the virus has never been found in nature. A top Chinese spy master recently also defected and supposedly confirms the man made origin. That's just hear say at the moment as no info has officially been release relative to what he's divulging.

I think the escape from the lab was through negligence and not intentional. You have to wonder, however, why China locked down the citizens of Wuhan for travel inside China yet let them travel internationally.

I'll be skeptical of the deep state report unless it references information from the Chinese virologist and the Chinese spy master that also defected. I fear the report will be politically motivated rather than a true investigative document. Hope I'm wrong.

By the way, China doesn't give a rat's a$$ about its citizens. Just ask the Uyghurs.....
CV May (?) be man-made or may have jumped from one animal (mammal ) to a human mammal. I don't either know or care very much. It is here! That being said.......it is well known that here in the US CV has jumped from humans to dogs and cats in limited cases, but NATURALLY. Logically, if the disease can go that direction naturally, why wouldn't it be able to go in the reverse direction into humans from animals?
Old 08-25-2021, 03:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Gracie, you are being very naive in thinking that a government wouldn't do something dangerous that might cause illness or death in their population. Many governments have experimented with various chemical and biological warfare weapons in the past and chemical weapons (mustard gas) were used in WWI. During the Cold War nearly all countries were working on biological weapons around the clock.
Totalitarian governments like in China have no respect or concern for their population. China has re-education camps for dissidents and they also make people disappear never to be seen or head from again. Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia slaughtered millions of their own people. I don't trust our government any more than the others I have mentioned.
Also, the atomic bomb. Several scientists worried that the atomic bomb would light up the whole world's atmosphere and radiation would kill all people. Their advice was not taken, but it was not a sure thing that they were wrong. We took a chance then.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
That is very upsetting. China’s Repression of Uyghurs in Xinjiang | Council on Foreign Relations
Old 08-25-2021, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
The term "DUDE' may be correctly applied to the main character in the movie, "The Big Lebowski". I believe it was played by Jeff Bridges.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The term "DUDE' may be correctly applied to the main character in the movie, "The Big Lebowski". I believe it was played by Jeff Bridges.
I doubt I will use the term Dude again. I just thought I'd try it but seeing that y'all didn't think it sounded nice, I will drop it. I guess I am too old for it anyway.

I just hope this thing passes and none of you reading this get's sick...whether I agree with you are not. This has been a hellish couple of years for so many.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Loved the dude! Dudderness, say what! Smack!
Old 08-25-2021, 04:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I doubt I will use the term Dude again. I just thought I'd try it but seeing that y'all didn't think it sounded nice, I will drop it. I guess I am too old for it anyway.

I just hope this thing passes and none of you reading this get's sick...whether I agree with you are not. This has been a hellish couple of years for so many.
Agreed, I hope nobody gets sick.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:37 PM
Sage

Not exactly. Edward Teller, who along with Ulam developed the strategy for the fusion bomb, suggested that the fission reaction of the Trinity test device might cause sufficient heat for a self sustaining fusion reaction of hydrogen (in the atmosphere) atoms to helium and extinguish life on earth. Fusion reactions do not generate long lived radioactive byproducts so radiation was not the concern. Burning up the atmosphere was the concern. Oppenheimer, the scientific director of the Manhattan Project, was sufficiently concerned that he directed Teller, and someone else I can't remember, to investigate whether this could really happen. Based on energy budget considerations, they determined that a world wide fusion reaction could not happen so the Trinity test proceeded. Teller, who was really more interested in a fusion device (aka the "Super") than the fission devices the Manhattan Project was working on, was in the unique position to suggest the possibility and also to do the analysis to prove it wasn't a possibility. I had the good fortune to see Teller speak some time ago.

Quote:
Also, the atomic bomb. Several scientists worried that the atomic bomb would light up the whole world's atmosphere and radiation would kill all people. Their advice was not taken, but it was not a sure thing that they were wrong. We took a chance then.

Last edited by biker1; 08-25-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
china, covid, grandkids, mad, tearing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.