Why aren't we mad at China?

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2021, 02:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The one-child policy of China was a long time ago. It tried to balance the amount of resources (like food and financial strength) with an ultra-fast growing population. Some might call that good and not evil?
It wasn't that many years ago. Do you not consider forced abortion evil? Do you not consider forced re-education evil? Do you not consider dissidents that disappear not evil? People are strongly encouraged to keep tabs on their neighbors and report to the government if they are criticizing the government, is that not evil?
Old 08-26-2021, 02:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Yes, there are so many examples of that in History. I tend to believe that it can be explained by the anthropological survival instinct built up in early man. Your tribe may live in a cave and for years be happy and relatively non-violent. Then along comes another tribe that wants your hunting grounds and wants your cave. The ongoing competition requires that to survive YOU must distinguish your tribe from the "OTHER" tribe. Modern nations can create a false NATIONALISM by pitting the larger, dominant tribe (or subculture of that nation) against the smaller, less dominant tribe within that nation.
Sounds just like what is happening in this country now. We're being divided into groups by race, religion, political agenda, age, sex or whatever constitutes sex now, and financial status.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
It wasn't that many years ago. Do you not consider forced abortion evil? Do you not consider forced re-education evil? Do you not consider dissidents that disappear not evil? People are strongly encouraged to keep tabs on their neighbors and report to the government if they are criticizing the government, is that not evil?
Yes, it is true that China has a reputation for being pure and ultimate evil. I, personally, only know one person who ACTUALLY lived there. it was about 20 years ago. He taught English to Chinese students. He enjoyed his time there and liked his students very much. I know for a fact that he is not "EVIL". In Russia, China, Mexico, the US, and other countries there are often differences between the Federal Government and the common people, with the common people being the more likable and less "EVIL". Statistically, my friend's experience is an N of 1 and 29 years old. It is well known that in Mexico, the people in the small towns and low populated regions are happy and friendly - but the big cities are filled with drug gangs, murderers, and kidnappers. So, is Mexico good or EVIL? Probably both. I do not have enough experience with China to make a realistic judgment about it.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:48 PM

I remember after coming home from Nam, a bud I served with volunteered to go to an Army fort in Maryland for experimental drugs…was never the same afterwards. At least he got an early out. Beware of your friendly government.
Old 08-27-2021, 09:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Yes, it is true that China has a reputation for being pure and ultimate evil. I, personally, only know one person who ACTUALLY lived there. it was about 20 years ago. He taught English to Chinese students. He enjoyed his time there and liked his students very much. I know for a fact that he is not "EVIL". In Russia, China, Mexico, the US, and other countries there are often differences between the Federal Government and the common people, with the common people being the more likable and less "EVIL". Statistically, my friend's experience is an N of 1 and 29 years old. It is well known that in Mexico, the people in the small towns and low populated regions are happy and friendly - but the big cities are filled with drug gangs, murderers, and kidnappers. So, is Mexico good or EVIL? Probably both. I do not have enough experience with China to make a realistic judgment about it.
I need to be more clear about what I'm calling evil. Too many governments are run by evil people and commit evil acts. I didn't do a very good job of explaining that the Chinese government is run by evil people as is in North Korea, Cuba, and most of the middle east. I didn't mean that all of the citizenry was evil.
During my time in the Army I had the opportunity to interact with the average citizen in foreign countries and for the most part they are good people. They have the same concerns in life as we do. Health, family, finances, etc.
Old 08-28-2021, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
When you are told that everything is someone elses fault…..either by their birthplace, skin color, or whatever you choose (you do not seem to need anything much else in the way of “evidence” or “proof”)…..well, that is how you see everything. It obviously also clears your conscience.

No fault ever comes your way…..there is always a “yeah but”
I think that blaming China (which the CIA said was a fool's errand) is one of several ways to DIVERT the subconscious GUILT that vaccine-hesitant people feel guilty about. They know that 600,000 plus of their fellow Americans are dead. And maybe 400,000 did NOT need to die IF the anti-vaccine movement was not so strong.

Today, most Medical and Scientific professionals are stating that, "this is a Pandemic of the UNvaccinated". So, that is touching the heartstrings of the religious and empathetic vaccine-hesitant everywhere. Mandates started at the US military, Airlines, large government organizations, and private corporations will, hopefully, cause a snowball effect which will lower vaccine-hesitantcy to a point where CV cases drop. Hopefully, this happens all over Florida and SOON because the new variants are NOT stopping!
Old 08-28-2021, 12:33 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
I think that blaming China (which the CIA said was a fool's errand) is one of several ways to DIVERT the subconscious GUILT that vaccine-hesitant people feel guilty about. They know that 600,000 plus of their fellow Americans are dead. And maybe 400,000 did NOT need to die IF the anti-vaccine movement was not so strong.

Today, most Medical and Scientific professionals are stating that, "this is a Pandemic of the UNvaccinated". So, that is touching the heartstrings of the religious and empathetic vaccine-hesitant everywhere. Mandates started at the US military, Airlines, large government organizations, and private corporations will, hopefully, cause a snowball effect which will lower vaccine-hesitantcy to a point where CV cases drop. Hopefully, this happens all over Florida and SOON because the new variants are NOT stopping!
"this is a Pandemic of the UNvaccinated"

Truth!
Old 08-28-2021, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I need to be more clear about what I'm calling evil. Too many governments are run by evil people and commit evil acts. I didn't do a very good job of explaining that the Chinese government is run by evil people as is in North Korea, Cuba, and most of the middle east. I didn't mean that all of the citizenry was evil.
During my time in the Army I had the opportunity to interact with the average citizen in foreign countries and for the most part they are good people. They have the same concerns in life as we do. Health, family, finances, etc.
I agree with the contents of this post.
Old 08-28-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
"this is a Pandemic of the UNvaccinated"

Truth!
Don't marginalize and condemn others for something that is still unclear and uncertain.
Old 08-28-2021, 02:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
Don't marginalize and condemn others for something that is still unclear and uncertain.
That is a common statement by Doctors that are tired and suffering burnout from long shifts in ICUs throughout the South and other parts of the US. No one can LEGITIMATELY dispute that statement. Reality is hard to avoid with just "happy talk". These Doctors have seen too much DEATH and suffering to be mocked or called liars or whatever is going on?
Closed Thread

Tags
china, covid, grandkids, mad, tearing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.