Why I will NOT be vaccinated ( and maybe you shouldn't too)

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2021, 08:30 AM

Interesting:

Getting vaccinated applies a selection pressure, because mutations that help a virus avoid detection by the vaccinated immune system will have an advantage over versions of the virus that don’t include that mutation. So, a virus that contains that mutation is more likely to reproduce and spread to other people.

In most viruses and disease-causing bacteria, the use of treatments and vaccines causes them to evolve ways of escaping them so they can continue to spread. Those that develop resistance to a treatment or can hide from the immune system will survive for longer to replicate and so spread their genetic material.

Immunizing about 60 percent of a population within about a year, and keeping the number of cases down while that happens, will help minimize the chances of the virus mutating significantly.

Ultimately, COVID-19 continues to spread across the globe and more new infections means more opportunities for SARS-CoV-2 to evolve. The virus can't evolve without us -- indeed, it can't survive without us. The simplest way to prevent new variants from emerging is preventing the virus from spreading at all. Our efforts will need to be focused on speeding up the vaccine rollout across the globe and continuing to practice the distancing and hygiene measures we're already adept at.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

When everyone in this country that wants to be vaccinated, has been vaccinated, I am through wearing a mask and social distancing. The rest of the country should as well. Everything should be re-opened and we should return to life as it was before.

At that point, if someone contracts the virus because they have not been vaccinated, that's their problem. The rest of the world shouldn't have to be trapped in these protocols because in order the protect the few that decide that they won't get the vaccine.

If we all die from the vaccine, then you'll have the last laugh. I doubt it, but I'm willing to risk it rather than risk the virus and live the rest of my life with these restrictions.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
When everyone in this country that wants to be vaccinated, has been vaccinated, I am through wearing a mask and social distancing. The rest of the country should as well. Everything should be re-opened and we should return to life as it was before.

At that point, if someone contracts the virus because they have not been vaccinated, that's their problem. The rest of the world shouldn't have to be trapped in these protocols because in order the protect the few that decide that they won't get the vaccine.

If we all die from the vaccine, then you'll have the last laugh. I doubt it, but I'm willing to risk it rather than risk the virus and live the rest of my life with these restrictions.
I totally agree with you. I have said all along that I refuse to protect the anti-vaxxers once everyone who wants the vaccine has been vaccinated. For those who can not take the vaccine for what ever health issues or allergy they have, they must be responsible for their own protection. They can continue to wear the masks and socially distance from others. Sorry, but I will not continue to feel the necessity to protect others at that point. My mask will come off and I will no longer avoid crowds any more. I'm waiting for our government and the experts to tell us when they time will be. Until then, I'll continue to wear a mask indoors and stay clear of others at all times.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:42 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
i totally agree with you. I have said all along that i refuse to protect the anti-vaxxers once everyone who wants the vaccine has been vaccinated. For those who can not take the vaccine for what ever health issues or allergy they have, they must be responsible for their own protection. They can continue to wear the masks and socially distance from others. Sorry, but i will not continue to feel the necessity to protect others at that point. My mask will come off and i will no longer avoid crowds any more. I'm waiting for our government and the experts to tell us when they time will be. Until then, i'll continue to wear a mask indoors and stay clear of others at all times.
absolutely!
Old 03-02-2021, 09:46 AM

I have heard the same thing about vaccinations and transportation services. Pretty soon if you want to board a plane, take a cruise, etc. you'll have to present an official card, or a "vaccine passport" in order to travel.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The interesting thing about climate change is that while 90% of all scientists agree that it is happening they don't all agree on how serious it it.

Al Gore used to say, "Our planet has a fever". When some people get a fever it's a sign of a very serious condition. For other's it's a mild cold or other condition that will be gone in short order.

The devil is in the details. 90% of all scientists do not agree on the long term effects of climate change or whether it is permanent or things will turn around in 100 years.

We've been hearing about the end of the world because of climate change for decades. In 1983 a paper was published saying that the world would end by the year 2000 as we would all be burned to a crisp. Since that didn't happen, many climate change alarmists like Al Gore have predicted things such as all of the polar ice melting and the oceans over flowing. These things were predicted to have happened by now. In fact, none of the predictions of doom have come true.

So does the planet have a mild cold or does it have a serious life threatening condition? Since none of the predictions have come true, I'm betting on the latter and so are a lot of scientists.
Global Warming effects are right NOW in our face. It IS HAPPENING NOW! The fires in Ca. are an example. Miami Beach floods on a high tide, never before. The freeze in Texas is due to warming distortion in the polar regions allowing artic air to drive further southward than in years past. It is NOT something that if happening in the future, we see effects of it right NOW! people get confused about the Texas COLD. Scientists say that it is easier to understand it by calling the phenomenon "Global Weirding".
Old 03-02-2021, 10:42 AM

Not impressed with your background as helpful to the discussion at hand. You can conduct yourself however you choose but for heavens sake, stay far away from me.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Global Warming effects are right NOW in our face. It IS HAPPENING NOW! The fires in Ca. are an example. Miami Beach floods on a high tide, never before. The freeze in Texas is due to warming distortion in the polar regions allowing artic air to drive further southward than in years past. It is NOT something that if happening in the future, we see effects of it right NOW! people get confused about the Texas COLD. Scientists say that it is easier to understand it by calling the phenomenon "Global Weirding".
No question of Global Warming. My issue is the lot of money thrown at it that doesn't work.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:13 PM

To the OP and others with a similar sentiment:

Thank you for opening a space for someone else who truly wants the vaccine.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

Hubby is singing,”Keep that Covid going. How can you stop all the fun we’re having?” La,la,la,la,la. “I fought the Covid, and the Covid won!”
Old 03-07-2021, 03:41 PM
Default Safety first

You actually believe that you’re safe AND willing to bet the lives of your offspring on that, huh?
There may be ramifications to that when/if one of you gets a variant and it races through your non- masked; under protected household and takes a life.
Covid vaccine causes anaphylaxis?
Well, smoking caused CANCER, COPD, HEART DISEASE AND DISGUSTING TEETH AND BREATH. Ever smoke? Drink?
WT heck is your point?
I’ll go with [U][B]REVERSIBLE[/B
Anaphylaxis anytime.

Masks and gloves for keeping families alive.
BTW: Nurse for 45 years, here.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:45 PM
Default Safety first

You actually believe that you’re safe AND willing to bet the lives of your offspring on that, huh?
There may be ramifications to that when/if one of you gets a variant and it races through your non- masked; under protected household and takes a life.
Covid vaccine causes anaphylaxis?
Well, smoking causes CANCER, COPD, HEART DISEASE AND DISGUSTING TEETH AND BREATH.
Ever smoke? Drink?
WT heck is your point?

I’ll go with REVERSIBLE
Anaphylaxis anytime.

Masks, soap and gloves for keeping families alive.
BTW: Nurse for 45 years, here.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

The only think you have control over is wearing the mask. Social distancing and crowd size are not under our control without jeopardizing someone's business or job. Someone else makes those decisions. Herd immunity depends on vaccinations, the fewer vaccinated the longer it will take. The longer it takes those that are risk averse will stay away from groups which are needed for businesses to thrive. People lose jobs because their businesses don't have enough traffic. One or two small shots or that ego killing mask have a bigger impact then just perceived personal freedom.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-07-2021, 05:40 PM

1615156620857-jpg
Old 03-07-2021, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get real View Post
A, nobody's threatening anybody to take the vaccine, and B, as to this guy's second statement, tell that to the families of the 500,000+ people who have died.

Tags
immune, vaccine, disease, covid, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.