Why I will NOT be vaccinated ( and maybe you shouldn't too)

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2021, 06:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Did anyone watch the Evangelistic Pastor in Louisiana who is preaching anti-vaccination? A witch doctor in the jungle would have more intelligence! What an ignorant country we are becoming.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-16-2021, 06:57 AM

Thanks for posting this...
Old 04-16-2021, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
It seems so many comments are just reposted for any topic that comes along.

"America is still free" - yes free, but there are laws that are there to protect each of us from the carelessness of others, you can't ALWAYS do what you want. And sometimes you shouldn't do what YOU want. Because you can do something is not the same as you should

"The media lies" - sometimes they write to have a slant, there are not "balanced" media anymore not since the news became a profit center.

"All those posts about... xyz" are just a bunch of elitists, trying to look smart

And on any given subject about stopping the virus. No one thing will solve the problem, masks, social distancing, vaccinations, etc. All of them help, each thing you do helps, none of them are perfect solutions. It seems many people here want perfect solutions and are not willing to do anything if it alone isn't perfect. That is not very smart.
The bold/underlined part - wasn't always true. But a certain change to the regulation revoked what was known as the Fairness Doctrine. Because, y'know, the big interest in minimal government and free enterprise. Seems the people who make the biggest fuss about "fake news" are the same people who supported the elimination of the Fairness Doctrine, which required "truthful news."
Old 04-16-2021, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The bold/underlined part - wasn't always true. But a certain change to the regulation revoked what was known as the Fairness Doctrine. Because, y'know, the big interest in minimal government and free enterprise. Seems the people who make the biggest fuss about "fake news" are the same people who supported the elimination of the Fairness Doctrine, which required "truthful news."
I had not heard of "The Fairness Doctrine". Here is what I found;

Fairness Doctrine
The fairness doctrine of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, was a policy that required the holders of broadcast licenses to both present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was honest, equitable, and balanced. The FCC eliminated the policy in 1987 and removed the rule that implemented the policy from the Federal Register in August 2011.
Wikipedia

The "change" appears to have occurred in 2011.

Hmmm.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I had not heard of "The Fairness Doctrine". Here is what I found;

Fairness Doctrine
The fairness doctrine of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), introduced in 1949, was a policy that required the holders of broadcast licenses to both present controversial issues of public importance and to do so in a manner that was honest, equitable, and balanced. The FCC eliminated the policy in 1987 and removed the rule that implemented the policy from the Federal Register in August 2011.
Wikipedia

The "change" appears to have occurred in 2011.

Hmmm.
"The Supreme Court has recognized that regulations similar to the Fairness Doctrine, when applied to the print media, are not constitutional. If regulations similar to the Fairness Doctrine could not withstand strict scrutiny when applied to the print media, it appears unlikely that similar regulations would withstand such scrutiny when applied to cable or satellite providers."

FACT CHECK: Did Ronald Reagan Pave the Way for Fox News By Repealing the 'Fairness Doctrine'?

The regulation was disallowed earlier and finally actually taken off the books in 2011 during a clean up of partial regulations that simply were crowding the books.

The "hmmmm" in your reply got my attention.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
"The Supreme Court has recognized that regulations similar to the Fairness Doctrine, when applied to the print media, are not constitutional. If regulations similar to the Fairness Doctrine could not withstand strict scrutiny when applied to the print media, it appears unlikely that similar regulations would withstand such scrutiny when applied to cable or satellite providers."

FACT CHECK: Did Ronald Reagan Pave the Way for Fox News By Repealing the 'Fairness Doctrine'?

The regulation was disallowed earlier and finally actually taken off the books in 2011 during a clean up of partial regulations that simply were crowding the books.

The "hmmmm" in your reply got my attention.
I don't understand your post. Could you use more words?
Old 04-16-2021, 10:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Did anyone watch the Evangelistic Pastor in Louisiana who is preaching anti-vaccination? A witch doctor in the jungle would have more intelligence! What an ignorant country we are becoming.
I think it is more about tribalism than ignorance.

We have been indoctrinating our kids with tribalism since before we were kids.

Remember the school pep rallies where we were encouraged to scream about how the other school we were about to meet on the football field was evil!

Say something enough times and you will believe it. Once you believe that, then believing the next tribal "truth" becomes easier until eventually black becomes white, and no amount of truth, science, or facts will make any difference.

Sadly, the "other school" was doing the same to their students. So, both sides are acting tribal.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:05 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I think it is more about tribalism than ignorance.

We have been indoctrinating our kids with tribalism since before we were kids.

Remember the school pep rallies where we were encouraged to scream about how the other school we were about to meet on the football field was evil!

Say something enough times and you will believe it. Once you believe that, then believing the next tribal "truth" becomes easier until eventually black becomes white, and no amount of truth, science, or facts will make any difference.

Sadly, the "other school" was doing the same to their students. So, both sides are acting tribal.
We're getting a bit off topic, but I see your point. And then we have the demographic that figures it easier to let the "gov'mint" provide them a paycheck rather than work. They are being taught this at home.

And now, to make it much worse, all these people with multiple kids and no desire to work are getting a monthly stipend AS WELL as unemployment checks far exceeding anything reasonable.

Don't get me started..
Old 04-24-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
...never have I seen such a level of misinformation and a bombardment of articles that focus on rare atypical cases and the hypothetical.

- David H. Dallas, RN-ASN, EMT-P, retired
Be forewarned... failure to follow the narrative will lead to ostracizing, you being an outcast, and all of your papers and research being discounted in the medical community.
Closed Thread

Tags
immune, vaccine, disease, covid, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.