Why I will NOT be vaccinated ( and maybe you shouldn't too)

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Spot on! And Thalidamide, a vaccine developed in the early '60's to stop morning sickness, as well, resulted in thousands of babies with tragic results...phocomelia and hemimelia. Also, in 1957, during the Asian Flu pandemic, a vaccine was fast-tracked, just as the Covid vaccine was, that killed and made seriously ill many Americans, one of which was a family member of mine. In the end, we all, thankfully, still have a choice not to be vaccinated. This IS (still) a free country after all!
Justus, thanks for voicing your honest opinion and for mentioning Thalidamide. I have a friend who suffered a "thalidamide" deformity so this issue is always on my mind. For me (I'm a working nurse), there has been no time for long term trials for this vaccine. And I DO NOT EVER EVER follow the advice of our government. They have wavered, been caught in lies, and will do anything, ANYTHING, to further their purses, power, and careers. I am making my own decision on this and choose to not get the vaccine. Many of my peers are doing the same. To each his/her own. If/When we are mandated or forced to get the vaccine, our great country is in grave danger. I'm afraid there are people on this forum who would push to make this a mandated vaccine. Thank God we can still make our own decisions on matters such as this. I did not interpret your post as others. It was a "take it or leave it" - long winded statement. Thank you.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Just for clarity.
Thalidamide was a drug, not a vaccine.
That's true. But it was marketed to the medical community and Mom's in particular ... as a safe, effective, remedy for nausea. Did not pan out well for many newborns and their Mom's. But it took years for this to be evident. That was my point. We don't know what the long term effects will be as it relates to the 2 month clinical trial of the vaccine. Just sayin'. Drug companies, pharma companies, governments . . . all have their reasons for pushing their products through.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
And I DO NOT EVER EVER follow the advice of our government. They have wavered, been caught in lies, and will do anything, ANYTHING, to further their purses, power, and careers. I am making my own decision on this and choose to not get the vaccine. Many of my peers are doing the same. To each his/her own. If/When we are mandated or forced to get the vaccine, our great country is in grave danger. I'm afraid there are people on this forum who would push to make this a mandated vaccine. Thank God we can still make our own decisions on matters such as this. I did not interpret your post as others. It was a "take it or leave it" - long winded statement. Thank you.
1. You DO follow the advice of our government. They advise you to file a tax return every year, if you fall into the category of "most people." Unless you refuse to pay the voluntary income tax that they advise you to pay, in which case not my problem if you get audited some day.

2. You accept lots of mandates already. If you choose to go to certain countries, you agree to abide by certain vaccine mandates. Refusing to go to a country "BECAUSE" they require you to be vaccinated is a pretty dumb reason to refuse to go. There are much more intelligent reasons to refuse to go to those other countries (such as - I don't want to - which is a perfectly intelligent reason to not go).

3. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is childish behavior.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Justus, thanks for voicing your honest opinion and for mentioning Thalidamide. I have a friend who suffered a "thalidamide" deformity so this issue is always on my mind. For me (I'm a working nurse), there has been no time for long term trials for this vaccine. And I DO NOT EVER EVER follow the advice of our government. They have wavered, been caught in lies, and will do anything, ANYTHING, to further their purses, power, and careers. I am making my own decision on this and choose to not get the vaccine. Many of my peers are doing the same. To each his/her own. If/When we are mandated or forced to get the vaccine, our great country is in grave danger. I'm afraid there are people on this forum who would push to make this a mandated vaccine. Thank God we can still make our own decisions on matters such as this. I did not interpret your post as others. It was a "take it or leave it" - long winded statement. Thank you.
To a certain degree, I agree with your sentiments very much. And I respect your right to refuse the vaccine. I have never had the flu and I haven't had a flu shot 50 years. BUT....I still got the Covid shots. Why? Because I don't consider the flu to be as dangerous as covid. I may be wrong. My spouse is a cancer survivor, high blood pressure, and diabetic. I am protecting her, .....maybe. She had the shots also, but I am being doubly careful since we are so close. In the military, we had many shots and every time I went overseas, more. Yes, I have had some side effects from shots, such as sore arm, fever, etc. I know there are some guys on here that received the "GG" shot in the rear, that know what I mean when I say that it felt like someone inserted a plug of cement in my bum, and especially felt it when I hit the rack later that night. But, I digress. I did a lot of reading and research about the vaccinations. I see them as a revolutionary step in vaccine technology. I sincerely hope that there are no lingering side effects. But, like I have said in other threads, if I have a negative reaction 20 years from now, I will be in my 90's and still alive. I am not getting the shots for me, or my neighbors, friends, etc. I am getting it solely for my spouse, to give us both a chance of enjoying our limited longevity (oxymoron?) in the future.
I too worry about the gov overstepping it's authority, by mandating more and more of our lives, but that is political and I will stay away from that, less I cause an early termination of this thread.
I respect your decision to decline the vaccinations, and you will probably be fine.....probably. After all, the chances of catching it right now is very low. The chances of survival if infected is very high, and if most everyone else around you is inoculated and immune, then you will stay healthy without having to take the chance of long term after effects of the vaccine. However, IF you should contract the virus there is a chance that you will die a nasty long suffering demise, with a hose in your mouth keeping you from complaining, and no family or friends to comfort you during your last miserable days. But, that probably won't happen to you, right?
I have no doubt that if I would have been infected, that I would have shrugged off the virus in a couple days, if symptomatic at all. However, now I don't have to consider that, do I?
Have a great life, and stand by your principles, because I am sure there are others like myself that applaud your tenacity.
I am 100% sure that now, my spouse and I can cross that worry off our list of concerns in our twilight period.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

Thalidomide was a drug not a vaccine.

This is not the first time that an mRNA vaccine has been used in humans. The first human trial of an mRNA vaccine began in 2009 in a small group of patients who had prostate cancer. Overall, that mRNA vaccine was well tolerated and had a good safety profile. In 2013 a clinical trial began of an mRNA rabies vaccine in healthy human adults. This rabies trial was important because the safety requirements for a vaccine in a healthy population are more stringent than those for a vaccine being used to treat a disease. The study ran from 2013-2016, and continues to collect long-term safety data. But overall, this vaccine was deemed generally safe and tolerable. mRNA vaccines are now in use in clinical trials for HIV, the Zika virus, and influenza. Scientists project that the Covid Vaccines which are based on the same methodology will be highly unlikely to have long term side effects. Sure, we won't be 100% sure until we complete years of study, but since we need an emergency vaccine, the evidence is there to make using it a no brainer when we have had over 500,000 people die in this country during this pandemic. There are no short term effects, and longer term data we have at present suggests it will be safe as well, to combat a very deadly virus.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
Thalidomide was a drug not a vaccine.

This is not the first time that an mRNA vaccine has been used in humans. The first human trial of an mRNA vaccine began in 2009 in a small group of patients who had prostate cancer. Overall, that mRNA vaccine was well tolerated and had a good safety profile. In 2013 a clinical trial began of an mRNA rabies vaccine in healthy human adults. This rabies trial was important because the safety requirements for a vaccine in a healthy population are more stringent than those for a vaccine being used to treat a disease. The study ran from 2013-2016, and continues to collect long-term safety data. But overall, this vaccine was deemed generally safe and tolerable. mRNA vaccines are now in use in clinical trials for HIV, the Zika virus, and influenza. Scientists project that the Covid Vaccines which are based on the same methodology will be highly unlikely to have long term side effects. Sure, we won't be 100% sure until we complete years of study, but since we need an emergency vaccine, the evidence is there to make using it a no brainer when we have had over 500,000 people die in this country during this pandemic. There are no short term effects, and longer term data we have at present suggests it will be safe as well, to combat a very deadly virus.
Thanks for this information. I recalled having read somewhere that this vaccine has been in use in some form for many years, and studied and approved, and that the covid-19 vaccine is a variant of an already proven vaccine. It's not a completely new vaccine that was rammed through the pipeline without sufficient testing. I just couldn't remember where I read that.

I did read that the reason this was able to be approved so fast had to do with cutting through a lot of bureaucracy and providing sufficient financial aid, not approving a vaccine that hadn't been sufficiently tested.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:27 PM

Fact remains that vaccinations are lowering the death rate and infection rate
Old 02-28-2021, 05:27 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Sorry but you have no clue whatsoever about any of this. Science is always evolving. You may want to look up the definition of "science" and the definition of "evolution". That may help you to understand.
Agreed. Anyone who believed that the vaccine was a one-and- done really is confused. It's like spraying for mosquitos in the south. You have to do it repeatedly.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:32 PM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Well, my only comment is the the vaccine may be required by many countries and possibly be required to fly on an airplane.

The choice may very well be between being a part of humanity or staying at home.....
Old 02-28-2021, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
That's true. But it was marketed to the medical community and Mom's in particular ... as a safe, effective, remedy for nausea. Did not pan out well for many newborns and their Mom's. But it took years for this to be evident. That was my point. We don't know what the long term effects will be as it relates to the 2 month clinical trial of the vaccine. Just sayin'. Drug companies, pharma companies, governments . . . all have their reasons for pushing their products through.
That was quite some time ago and a tragedy. That was an anti-nausea medicine and Covid-19 is a vaccine to keep this particular virus from killing you and giving you other things like blood clots and strokes and an unusual and awful pneumonia.

Drug companies make drugs to help people get better and to save their lives. They are not evil. They are manufacturing companies and they do make money.......and in so doing provide a lot of jobs as well. We have got to stop eating up every exaggeration and inaccurate fact we are presented. I think they overcharge sometimes but they aren't out to kill us or to hurt us.

AND while I am sorta on this subject. Folks who use the term " Big Pharma" are often under the influence of a lot of what I call quackery from alternative medicine, taking supplements that make those people tons of money as well. Go to a doctor you trust who has a traditional medical background and do what he/she says to do. Now remember I am not a medical person, just someone who tries very hard to find the truth.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

AND while I am sorta on this subject. Folks who use the term " Big Pharma" are often under the influence of a lot of what I call quackery from alternative medicine, taking supplements that make those people tons of money as well. Go to a doctor you trust who has a traditional medical background and do what he/she says to do. Now remember I am not a medical person, just someone who tries very hard to find the truth.
The only problem I have with Big Pharma is so many drugs they make for those of us with hypertension and high cholesterol, not to mention others, do not cure the condition but put you on a path of taking a pill for the rest of your life.

And we will be taking our second dose of the vaccine later this week and grateful to get it.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Agreed. Anyone who believed that the vaccine was a one-and- done really is confused. It's like spraying for mosquitos in the south. You have to do it repeatedly.
You also have to do your part by not creating pools of standing water. Similarly to wearing a mask, washing your hands, and social distancing with regards to preventing a virus, you have to do some preventative stuff of your own, even after you spray with pesticides.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The only problem I have with Big Pharma is so many drugs they make for those of us with hypertension and high cholesterol, not to mention others, do not cure the condition but put you on a path of taking a pill for the rest of your life.

And we will be taking our second dose of the vaccine later this week and grateful to get it.
For -many- (not most, not all) people, the "cure" for hypertension and high cholesterol involves changing your diet and exercise regimen. There are millions of people in this country who suffer needlessly from both, who could -not- suffer at all if they just changed the way they lived. For those people - who -could- be cured but choose not to, there are drugs. For people who -can't- be cured with diet and exercise, there are also drugs.

Also, high cholesterol isn't an illness. It's not something that can be "cured." Just like a natural deficiency in Vitamin D3 - you can take D3 to supplement and bring your levels up, but if you stop taking it, your levels will drop again. There is no "cure" for a Vitamin D3 deficiency. There is also no "cure" for a cold. And there's no "cure" for many many other physiological malfunctions.

That doesn't mean "Big Pharma" is doing something wrong. It means for those things that can actually be treated, Big Pharma is doing its best to treat them.

But don't just dump the lack of a "cure" for high cholesterol and hypertension on Big Pharma.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

From BBC online news regarding false vaccine claims.

Coronavirus: False vaccine claims debunked - BBC News
Old 03-01-2021, 06:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
From BBC online news regarding false vaccine claims.

Coronavirus: False vaccine claims debunked - BBC News
This is a good link!

My problem with these posts is that many of them are encouraging people NOT to get the vaccine, and essentially telling people to play Russian Roulette with their LIVES!

Here is another link just released about the J&J vaccine.

Coronavirus vaccines: How J&J's is different from the others

This also dispels the myth that people have died from the vaccine. NOBODY has died from the vaccine - and there have been very few allergic reactions. Sure there have been a few people who dies after getting the vaccine, but not related to the vaccine. And considering it can be up to 4 weeks before you are protected, it's still best to be cautious and use common sense.

Don't buy into the rhetoric from people who claim to be nurses or doctors or whatever. Read the facts please!

We don't want anyone to hesitate at a chance to protect themselves.
Closed Thread

Tags
immune, vaccine, disease, covid, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.