Will Covid-19 vaccines cause long term side effects?

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2021, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts
Default Will Covid-19 vaccines cause long term side effects?

Wish I had a crystal ball but , alas, I do not. Having said that, this article is very encouraging to all those of us who have been vaccinated with a Covid-19 vaccine.......

How Do We Know the COVID-19 Vaccine Won’t Have Long-Term Side Effects?
Old 07-20-2021, 12:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Almost guaranteed it will have SOME long term side affects. And for some (few) those long term side affects will be serious.

Nothing is perfect. PERIOD. The issue is are the side affects worse than letting the virus run rampant throughout the country/world and mutating at will, into something with even worse long term affects on humanity.

Just my Not So Humble Opinion.

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 07-20-2021 at 02:12 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:48 PM

Yes.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Will Covid-19 vaccines cause long term side effects?

Que sera sera.

But it is pretty much guaranteed to be better than an unchecked worldwide pandemic
Old 07-20-2021, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,586 Times in 1,501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Wish I had a crystal ball but , alas, I do not. Having said that, this article is very encouraging to all those of us who have been vaccinated with a Covid-19 vaccine.......

We don't. But "long term" at my age vs. that of my grandchildren means two entirely different things.

I see things a bit more pragmatically than most: I have gotten the vaccine because A) I've had the flu several times and didn't like it much; and B) I'm not going to let the lack of an arbitrary piece of paper keep me from seeing my family--and who among us knows just WHAT cockamamie regulations just might be hiding around the next corner? I sure don't.

Other peoples' reasons are their own, for or against. And I respect their right to have and exercise them.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,642 Times in 1,513 Posts

Perhaps the IDEA that long term effects might be serious is a reason that giving the unnecessary vaccine to children should be held off a bit until we learn more about said possibility. Just my opinion. After all, the young are hardly even noticing the illness in most cases, so why take the chance that we might harm the next generation needlessly? My children and grandchildren have had covid (most of them). None are opting to get the vaccination right now. Like I have said before, I will not try to encourage or discourage them in any direction.
On the other hand, I have not seen any absolute evidence that the vaccine can/will cause long term side effects. Supposedly, this type of vaccine(?) has been studied for decades. IF there is any future side effects related to this vaccine, I am pretty sure that we (seniors) won't be around long enough to find out. But, do we want to subject our youngest generation to possible side effects if there are no exigent circumstances to warrant vaccinating them? If we are protected, why should we worry about the un-vaxxed infecting us? It's a near impossible chance that they will infect us if we are inoculated.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:34 PM

I guess we won't know until there is a long-term...

Yoda
Old 07-20-2021, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Almost guaranteed it will have SOME long term side affects. And for some (few) those long term side affects will be serious.

Nothing is perfect. PERIOD. The issue is are the side affects worse than letting the virus run rampant throughout the country/world and mutating at well, into something with even worse long term affects on humanity.

Just my Not So Humble Opinion.
Why do you feel side effects are "almost guaranteed" long term. History has proven that serious side effects from vaccines occur up to six weeks after inoculation. Why do you think our vaccines will prove to be a problem in the future?

Millions of people are long past that 6 week mark. Have there been any problems directly from the vaccines? I know the J&J vaccine has had issues but those issues have surfaced very soon after inoculation. Treatment for those issues has been addressed and the vaccine was paused only for a brief time. The mRNA vaccines seem to be flawless with no know obvious issues at this point. The new technology of these mRNA vaccines is a 21st century break through in vaccine development.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:

List of possible...All the way back to Oct 2020...the list looks wildly familiar to actual side affects happening....

imgbox - fast, simple image host
Old 07-20-2021, 02:05 PM
Gold member
Thanked 2,147 Times in 746 Posts

At my age, I don't have a long term..... so, I guess I'll never know.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Perhaps the IDEA that long term effects might be serious is a reason that giving the unnecessary vaccine to children should be held off a bit until we learn more about said possibility. Just my opinion. After all, the young are hardly even noticing the illness in most cases, so why take the chance that we might harm the next generation needlessly? My children and grandchildren have had covid (most of them). None are opting to get the vaccination right now. Like I have said before, I will not try to encourage or discourage them in any direction.
On the other hand, I have not seen any absolute evidence that the vaccine can/will cause long term side effects. Supposedly, this type of vaccine(?) has been studied for decades. IF there is any future side effects related to this vaccine, I am pretty sure that we (seniors) won't be around long enough to find out. But, do we want to subject our youngest generation to possible side effects if there are no exigent circumstances to warrant vaccinating them? If we are protected, why should we worry about the un-vaxxed infecting us? It's a near impossible chance that they will infect us if we are inoculated.
First, I agree with most of what you said, and certainly the intent (as I see it) of what you said. If you had left out the word "unnecessary" I would have agreed with more.

Necessary is a controversial term.

I guess I see at least part of the reason for vaccinating children is that the delta variant is infecting children at a higher rate. While less deadly it spreads faster. And a spreading variant is likely to mutate again.

So, vaccination helps reduce mutations by reducing the spread. That is worth something.
Old 07-20-2021, 02:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Why do you feel side effects are "almost guaranteed" long term. History has proven that serious side effects from vaccines occur up to six weeks after inoculation. Why do you think our vaccines will prove to be a problem in the future?

Millions of people are long past that 6 week mark. Have there been any problems directly from the vaccines? I know the J&J vaccine has had issues but those issues have surfaced very soon after inoculation. Treatment for those issues has been addressed and the vaccine was paused only for a brief time. The mRNA vaccines seem to be flawless with no know obvious issues at this point. The new technology of these mRNA vaccines is a 21st century break through in vaccine development.
Well, you are not right to begin with, there are some long term side affects from most vaccinations. Some we don't even learn about for years sometimes decades.

And you added the word "serious" to my reply. The thread asked if there was likely to be long term side affects, the answer is yes. Will they be serious, I personally doubt it. The rDNA vaccines are build on a very strong foundation of research and experience.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,950 Times in 1,706 Posts

Well the ‘long term’ side effects for me are so far; I’m alive, I live a more normalish life, I feel just a bit more happy than usual (grateful to be in this wonderful country instead of other places in the world), and physically just fine. We’ll see what happens next month.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

My 8 years of Chemo has side effects as well but I am still here. Those that have issues down the road, Morgan and Morgan will be around to help.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:57 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
My 8 years of Chemo has side effects as well but I am still here. Those that have issues down the road, Morgan and Morgan will be around to help.
Nope, the manufacturers of the Covid vaccines have been given a get-out-of-jail-free card by the US government. They are immune from lawsuits if their vaccines have long term health effects.
Closed Thread

Tags
encouraging, vaccinated, covid-19, vaccine, article

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.