I found a great "special needs" dentist

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Default I found a great "special needs" dentist

I have a movement disorder that causes my muscles to move when there's no reason for them to do so. My head shakes and, also, anything that's put in my mouth causes my jaw to snap shut - which means I could bite the dentist - so I'm extremely difficult for a dentist to work on. Because I have a movement disorder I now get panic attacks, too. My last two dentists "fired" me and I was beginning to think I was not going to have access to any dental care. I found a dentist in Orlando who does "normal" dentistry, but he also works on people with any kind of unique problem: movement disorders and also retarded children, alzheimers patients...anybody who is not the "typical" patient. It's a father and son practice and you can't find nicer, more understanding people. The entire staff is extremely compassionate. Even if you avoid dentistry because of fear please don't hesitate to go to them. Whatever problems you have these dentists will work with you and find a way to work with your unique situation. I had a tooth extracted there yesterday and they did whatever necessary to work with my movement problem and the procedure was very easy on me. They will even do my twice yearly cleanings doing whatever it takes to get the job done. Thank goodness for a dentist who will work with someone who needs "outside the box" care. The dentist is Dr. Duffy, 2122 Robinson Avenue, Orlando FL. It takes an hour to drive from The Villages to his office. If you go please tell them Sharon with the clamping jaw recommended them. I won't get anything for the recommendation but I would like them to know how much I appreciate what they do.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Sharon: You have been very generous in making this recommendation.

God Bless You
Closed Thread

Tags
dentist, work, movement, care, orlando, extremely, takes, dentistry, problem, people, dentists, unique, disorder, found, find, jaw, tooth, cleanings, hesitate, extracted, yearly, problems, yesterday, situation, easy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.