39,000 gallons irrirgation water used?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2016, 08:23 PM

I can tell you from experience..... LARGE YARDS ON CORNERS OR IN THE OUTSIDE CURVES ALONG WITH 4 SHRUB ZONES... Two to three times a week for 12 min. on shrubs and
35-40 min. on lawn zones will take 25,000 to 30,000 gal. per month... most lawn experts want more time than that on the lawns.. but thats my max.. don't forget many of these
large homes have 3 to 8 large palms that also take single or double dedicated lines... like the former post.. make sure you only have one program running... not 2 or more..
Old 10-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Corner lot with grass IMO big yard. I would see how much water running down the street (if any?) and make slight adjustment in timing minutes. If water is running off you lawn and down the storm drain for half or more the time your watering IMO your wasting water? You can change the heads on sprinklers to adjust amount of water or adjust the time.

Most yards seem to have several problems. Sprinkler heads adjusted wrong, sprinkler heads broken, too many sprinklers being used in small area creating run off problem. When I walk in the morning no go by storm drains I here water gushing down the drain from early morning watering. It not on little gush but flooding gushing sound.

If all this fine then you have super big corner lot which some people have.
Thanks, I do have very little run off. Sprinkler controller and heads are adjusted every six months by Baumgartner. My objective was to have a great looking healthy lawn and until I increased the water and listened to Deans, it didn't. May not be for everyone, but it works for me.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
guy, threads, worse, named, read

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.