Accor/flowtite push pull valves

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2021, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts
Default Accor/flowtite push pull valves

I have these in my house. Beings they are approaching 20 years old I don’t feel comfortable due to vinyl hose breakdown. Had plumber do kitchen sink faucet so I got rid of them under kitchen sink.

Watched video on pressure/freeze test of shark bite push-on fittings. The pipe failed every time before the push-on valves, plus they didn’t even leak. Plus the shark bite has steel braided hose instead of vinyl.

So, I am replacing my old vinyl Accor push/pulls with shark bite. I like them cause you can easily remove them without twisting and twisting using the dollar removal tool. I also brought the depth gauge, really didn’t need that just make 1 inch mark on tube for 1/2 inch CPVC so you know it’s pushed on all the way.

This was the the easiest plumbing installation I even done. No drip, no leaks, no errors.

I wouldn’t use them inside wall or under ground or where you can’t see or have access to fitting, but that’s me. Yes, I’m old school plumbing mentality, but when I watched the pressure test every joint, fitting, and line (including copper) failed before the shark bite fitting even leaked let along blew off. I would post pictures but for some reason I can’t post or delete pictures on this site.

When I looked closely under the sink that I paid over 250 bucks for plumber guess what I seen push on valves!

Last edited by Topspinmo; 01-30-2021 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:52 AM

What technique did you use to remove the old push pull fittings?
Old 03-17-2021, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
What technique did you use to remove the old push pull fittings?
Recommend to watch Utube video first on Accor push/pull valve removal. See if you can do it?

Remove Accor Tech Flowtite Push/Pull Valve - YouTube

Twist and pull counterclockwise wise, firm but not so hard to damage pvc behind wall. It takes several twists and pulls.

I found it easier to cut the vinyl hose off so I didn’t have to wade it up in my hand. Once I got the push/pull fitting off I cleaned up pipe with some scotch brite.
Closed Thread

Tags
bite, shark, fitting, sink, vinyl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.