Advice for filling in Garage Floor Joints damaged by ants

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2020, 02:11 PM
Default Advice for filling in Garage Floor Joints damaged by ants

Barely lived in 3 year old home I just purchased. I noticed a few ants in kitchen and laundry room after about a month. I had the garage door opened when Massey was treating my outside and I asked him. He saw immediately (how did I miss it), the joints in my garage floor had sand and soil piles along many of the areas in the floor joints. He treated them. Two weeks later I saw some new piles. I treated myself with some type of gel, in additional treated the entire garage walls and joints with an Ortho indoor pest spray. Now examining these joints, geez these ants had a feast. Shining a flashlight into the joints I can see very VERY deep. What should I do. Should I just fill in the joints with some type of caulking, with epoxy, how do I know I got rid of these ants and they won't return to do it again? I've read something about making sure what you use in joints can expand with our ever changing temperatures. If I were to call a professional for the filling in the joints, who should I call. I can attempt to do it myself. This home is so clean, I cannot imagine others haven't had issues like this. BTW, this is not an infestation into the home yet. Thanks
Old 08-14-2020, 02:35 PM

My one and only recommendation that I have is: Stop giving your money away to Massey....
Old 08-14-2020, 02:45 PM
DAIII

I had my garage floor epoxy coated..that stuff is amazing and I'm sure nothing will get in the way.. I also filled the joints with white bathroom caulk. cheap and easy. I did the seams just to add a level of clean.

Might not be for everyone. but it worked for me.

EPOXY BROTHERS did the work. (except for my white caulking in the joint)
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_8_14_20__3_42_PM.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	85766  
Old 08-26-2020, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Several crack filling products that harden that ant can’t chew through. Treat the crack with ant killer then fill in expansion joints all way to Garage door. That should stop their entry points. I would also look along the garage back wall Under the trim make sure the don’t have path that way. IMO the are coming from the front or back. I don’t see them coming from outside wall under the concrete slab?
Closed Thread

Tags
joints, garage, ants, treated, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.