Birdcage privacy screen

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Default Birdcage privacy screen

We recently purchased a home with a birdcage. The screens on each side are coated with some type of material that is peeling off. Does anybody know what that material is and if it can be replaced?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,512 Times in 908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

First I'd heard that privacy screening peeled. I wondered just how they made screening opaque. They must coat it somehow.

How old is the birdcage, do you know?

The screening can be replaced, and I know someone who has replaced the screen will log in and tell us about the costs.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:34 PM

The home is 15 years old, I expect the birdcage is the same. The marerial appears to be painted on the screen.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Sage

I was looking at privacy screening and the guy who visited us showed us a tighter mesh that blocked both sun/UV and viewing. The lighter colors were more effective than the black - which was just marginal. We ended up just going to Lowes and getting some roll-down shades. Let us know if you find something that works well.
Searcy, AR
Village of St.James, The Villages, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.