Blinds to use?

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Default Blinds to use?

Hi

I am about to sign for our new home in TV. My husband says to use TV'S blinds for convenience. I don't particularly care for the blinds TV puts in. I find that the verticals do not open very smoothly. The blinds are ok (acceptable). This decision has to be made very soon.

Can someone suggest a company that they have used and LIKE.

Any help would make me happy
Old 07-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Gold member

I opted not to use their blinds. They gave us a credit for the blinds on our contract. I used Carl Siegel for shutters because that's what we wanted. Carl was great and he does blinds also. He came in and put up temporary paper shades for us till the shutters arrived. I did all of that while I was still in Ark and everything was done by phone. I know there are some other threads on here that might have his number. In all this moving mess I can't find it at the moment. Carl also lives in The Villages.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 07-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Sage

Not sure when it happened but blinds are no longer part of the quoted price unless you ask and then they include them at a cost. Most new homes that they build on spec will have them listed but for a 'from scratch' home you need to have them quoted in the price. At least that is what happened to us.

I don't know the exact amount they were asking since it was one big quote. I'll let you know when I see the details. Not sure what we will do yet. After reading this thread we went to Home Depot and priced some basic faux wood blinds like they use in TV. NOT CHEAP!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:33 PM

Update...

We called 48hour blinds and was able to get the same blinds (installed the way I wanted) for $300 less than TV. They will measure ahead & install them the day we close.

I am happy with this.

Pat
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.