A/C condensation drain clean out

A/C condensation drain clean out

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:18 PM
Sage

I unplugged mine by using my shop wet/dry vac on the outside outlet and sucked all sorts of bad stuff out.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:45 PM

Just had our unit replaced and the installer said not to use bleach as just the fumes alone from it would affect the aluminum A coil which is in the new system. (No longer copper) So you need to play it safe if you are not sure which type of A coil you have. Vinager and warm water best bet. Shop vac does ot hurt. But I like the OP’s water solution with the hose as long as it does not pop out of pipe.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2018, 08:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
How old is you’re house? Unless the float in the catch tray inside the unit I see none on my trane xr12.

7 years old. Carrier unit. Float in a tee in the condensation line (where the water flow turns 90* down) about 8" from the air handler unit.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
7 years old. Carrier unit. Float in a tee in the condensation line (where the water flow turns 90* down) about 8" from the air handler unit.

My unit 12 years old don’t have the shutoff float.
Air Condensate drain
Old 10-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Veteran member

Default Air Condensate drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorem painter View Post
Dumb question here! How do you know if your ac condensation drain is plugged?
OK When the cold coils in the Air Unit come in contact with our high humidity air, the water drops out, off the coils and goes into a pan and then to a small white PVC line to drain outside. The water goes to your plants etc.
So, you can use a wet or dry vacuum or an air line if you have a compressor, it will blow out the line. It sometimes gets plugged because it is gravitating to the outside, it can get dead bugs in it, you can put a small piece of mesh at the end. You will find it in a planter or planted area, white PVC about 3/4 diameter.
bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
drain, hose, cut, turn, valve