Cart Oil Change

Cart Oil Change

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 12:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Why? Mine soft metal washer and not crush asbestos filled gasket. So far I have tore it up or have even drop of oil around the plug it tighten properly?
The soft aluminum washer is considered a one time use "crush" washer.
You are right, if you are careful and not over tighten the plug, you don't need to replace it and it won't leak.
I change mine as it's included in the maintenance kit I use.
Yamaha Golf Cart Factory Tune up kit

Old 10-01-2018, 05:27 PM

where do you buy the O RING?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2018, 05:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geod View Post
Yamaha G2-G29/ DRIVE Oil Drain Plug Gasket (For Gas Carts) | Golf Cart Tire Supply

or Google - crush washer for yamaha golf cart
Old 10-01-2018, 05:59 PM

Over 15 oil changes on my Yamaha. Never changed the gasket. No leaks if you do it right and don’t over tighten.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
Over 15 oil changes on my Yamaha. Never changed the gasket. No leaks if you do it right and don’t over tighten.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:43 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geod View Post

O ring? usually Rubber or neoprene material. depending on what year or model you may have O-ring instead of the soft metal washer? For that you can get assortment of several sized at auto parts stores/harbor freight/big box stores, and I think even at Walmart? For the Soft Metal washer you will have to find OEM parts supplier. It's really not Crush gasket but soft metal washer. You really have to try to destroy it for it not to re-seal. The main thing that damages the washer and threads in the block is way over torqueing or cross threading it and driving it in with wrench. It should spin freely all the way down and then slight tighten or recommended torque with a Torque wrench preferably Inch pounds torque wrench.

You ask Why inch pounds? Torque wrenches are calibrated plus or minus 1. so difference between the two would be 11 inch pounds. which shouldn't make difference unless the foot pounds torque wrench is out of calibration? Inch pound torque wrenches are more actuate when compared to Foot pounds torque wrench due to the finer Calibration specs.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:30 PM
Veteran member

OEM part#812-11198-00

812-11198-00 - Google Search

oil plug washer

Carts & Clubs Ocala carries them. Villages GC may also

The washer is hollow, and meant to "crush" when tightened.
Use care when tightening, and you won't need to replace every oil change.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:08 PM

I have had no problem reusing the washer, but I also put a small amount of teflon pipe joint paste on the threads of the plug, and a little bit of the paste on the back surface of the head as well as the surface of the washer that contacts the block. With the teflon paste, the plug never seizes up.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
I have had no problem reusing the washer, but I also put a small amount of teflon pipe joint paste on the threads of the plug, and a little bit of the paste on the back surface of the head as well as the surface of the washer that contacts the block. With the teflon paste, the plug never seizes up.
There is a reason for the crush washer vs using Teflon tape. The heat that can be generated at the bottom of the oil pan could exceed the temperature of the Teflon tape specs. Probably wouldn't under normal use unless oil was low and excessive heat was generated. If it does there could be two issues. It gets in the oil, probably not a big issue as it would be such a small amount, and it could start to leak, bigger issue. Teflon tape is great for water lines, even hot water lines, but I would be cautious using it on engine parts. A new crush washer every time it looks really crushed and some oil on the threads should work just fine. Specs claim 260 degrees, but have seen it fall apart at boiling temperature.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:51 AM

has anyone tried changing oil on a new yamaha 2018 "quiet-tech" I was told that they now siphon the oil out because of the full length plastic cover they added under the cart ??
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, change, oil, golf, suggestions?welcome