Cleaning blinds

Closed Thread
Old 10-09-2018, 01:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts
Default Cleaning blinds

Is there an easy way to clean blinds? We’re having our interior trim painted tomorrow, and while I was wiping down baseboards, door frames, etc, I made the mistake of looking at the blinds.

In Indpls, I had metal blinds, and I would take them down, put them in a tub of water with soap, kinda swish a sponge around on them, then hang them up to dry.

Here, I have wooden slats (and 11 windows with blinds), and all I’ve come up with so far is to put a sock on my hand, spray with Windex, and wipe each slat. With the cords running down each side, that seems like a lot of effort that I’d rather not make. Of course, if that’s the easiest/best way, I guess I’ll do that. I just don’t wanna. :-)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:27 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Is there an easy way to clean blinds? We’re having our interior trim painted tomorrow, and while I was wiping down baseboards, door frames, etc, I made the mistake of looking at the blinds.

In Indpls, I had metal blinds, and I would take them down, put them in a tub of water with soap, kinda swish a sponge around on them, then hang them up to dry.

Here, I have wooden slats (and 11 windows with blinds), and all I’ve come up with so far is to put a sock on my hand, spray with Windex, and wipe each slat. With the cords running down each side, that seems like a lot of effort that I’d rather not make. Of course, if that’s the easiest/best way, I guess I’ll do that. I just don’t wanna. :-)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks.
We had Testermans Blind Cleaning do ours and they came out sparkly clean.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
We had Testermans Blind Cleaning do ours and they came out sparkly clean.
I second that. Testermans Blind Holds the Mr. Nucky Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval. ***** That's the highest rating she offers, I only get a ****.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Thank you! If I decide to contract out for this, I’ll give them a call!
Old 10-10-2018, 07:36 AM
Gold member

We cleaned ours in our top load washer. It only works for the blinds that bend though. Just curl the around inside the tub and don't put too many in at a time. Ours were full of cigarette smoke form the previous owner and they came out beautiful.
Closed Thread

Tags
blinds, put, slat, wipe, cords

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.