Cleaning blinds

Cleaning blinds

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Cleaning blinds
Old 10-09-2018, 01:10 PM
Veteran member

Default Cleaning blinds

Is there an easy way to clean blinds? We’re having our interior trim painted tomorrow, and while I was wiping down baseboards, door frames, etc, I made the mistake of looking at the blinds.

In Indpls, I had metal blinds, and I would take them down, put them in a tub of water with soap, kinda swish a sponge around on them, then hang them up to dry.

Here, I have wooden slats (and 11 windows with blinds), and all I’ve come up with so far is to put a sock on my hand, spray with Windex, and wipe each slat. With the cords running down each side, that seems like a lot of effort that I’d rather not make. Of course, if that’s the easiest/best way, I guess I’ll do that. I just don’t wanna. :-)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Is there an easy way to clean blinds? We’re having our interior trim painted tomorrow, and while I was wiping down baseboards, door frames, etc, I made the mistake of looking at the blinds.

In Indpls, I had metal blinds, and I would take them down, put them in a tub of water with soap, kinda swish a sponge around on them, then hang them up to dry.

Here, I have wooden slats (and 11 windows with blinds), and all I’ve come up with so far is to put a sock on my hand, spray with Windex, and wipe each slat. With the cords running down each side, that seems like a lot of effort that I’d rather not make. Of course, if that’s the easiest/best way, I guess I’ll do that. I just don’t wanna. :-)

Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks.
We had Testermans Blind Cleaning do ours and they came out sparkly clean.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
We had Testermans Blind Cleaning do ours and they came out sparkly clean.
I second that. Testermans Blind Holds the Mr. Nucky Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval. ***** That's the highest rating she offers, I only get a ****.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Thank you! If I decide to contract out for this, I’ll give them a call!
Old 10-10-2018, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

We cleaned ours in our top load washer. It only works for the blinds that bend though. Just curl the around inside the tub and don't put too many in at a time. Ours were full of cigarette smoke form the previous owner and they came out beautiful.
Closed Thread

Tags
blinds, put, slat, wipe, cords