Cut the Cord

Cut the Cord

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Rusty, Youtube & Philo total $60 and give you Discovery, HGTV, History, Local, Sports. I'm happy with it and hope it helps you out. Good Luck. I'm extra impressed with Youtube TV, Unlimited storage on recording stuff. No HBO though. We changed to Netflix and found it is way better Than HBO unless you are following one show.

I share the Youtube with my son and he shares his Netflix with me all legit but of course, I'm paying for the higher priced of the two. We also get Showtime when Ray Donavan is on, what a show, reminds me of the old home.
Nucky - I might be asking for some info. when I decide what I will be doing with DirecTV Now. Thanks.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:18 PM
Gold member

Update - looking what DirecTV Now has removed is unbelievable. I love streaming and love the cost more. For a year now I have been bragging about how cheap it is compared to cable and satellite. DirecTv Now has just totally removed Discovery, HGTV, A&E, AMC, Comedy Central, Food Network, Hallmark Movies, History, Lifetime and many others from any of their packages. Great to have no contracts but if this is a sign of the times to come I'm leary we are heading right back to same old bait and switch games.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2019, 08:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Nucky - I might be asking for some info. when I decide what I will be doing with DirecTV Now. Thanks.
The Student (Me) helping the teacher. I would love to help you. When I stopped dealing with DirecTV through the satellite service and then used them for streaming the first month there were too many similarities when trying to solve problems with billing and getting help with technical assistance.

The really great thing about YouTube TV is knock on wood there are no service issues. I love it. At twice the price I would probably keep it.

Tomorrow my new Fire Tv Stick is supposed to arrive. I have the first edition from years ago and it works but now that I have a clue I want to have better up to date equipment.

Just got a friend from somewhere around $220 or $240 a month for the Triple Package with Comcast down to $90 including his Comcast internet charge and it will be less when we hook up his Motorola router.

Just let me know. Give Cord Cutters a shot on the internet. They send valuable info that helps you to make good decisions on what service is best for you.

If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have gotten into this, thanks CW!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The Student (Me) helping the teacher. I would love to help you. When I stopped dealing with DirecTV through the satellite service and then used them for streaming the first month there were too many similarities when trying to solve problems with billing and getting help with technical assistance.

The really great thing about YouTube TV is knock on wood there are no service issues. I love it. At twice the price I would probably keep it.

Tomorrow my new Fire Tv Stick is supposed to arrive. I have the first edition from years ago and it works but now that I have a clue I want to have better up to date equipment.

Just got a friend from somewhere around $220 or $240 a month for the Triple Package with Comcast down to $90 including his Comcast internet charge and it will be less when we hook up his Motorola router.

Just let me know. Give Cord Cutters a shot on the internet. They send valuable info that helps you to make good decisions on what service is best for you.

If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have gotten into this, thanks CW!
The bolded is what I was asking about previously. The gateway/router for the wifi has to be connected via a phone jack, so that means he'd also need his phone service.

And then instead of the Triple Play with TV, he'd get just the wifi and phone through Xfinity (Comcast), and swap out the cable TV with the Firestick or Roku or whichever else, which turns his normal HDTV set into an internet video streaming monitor? Am I understanding this right?

Tags
subscribers, lost, pay-tv, totaling, traditional