Cut the Cord

Cut the Cord

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Sage

On the Roku Remote hit the Home Button 5 times then the Rewind button 3 times then the Fast Forward button 2 times. From the dropdown menu select 3.5 instead of 12 MBPS. This maneuver plus the hitting of the Home Button Like Biker1 said will cut the usage way down. Our usage was off the hook the first month but once we did these two things our usage dropped way under the limit. Streaming Pandora uses very little data. It's all worth it once you get these little things down.

I subscribe to Cord Cutters and get a helpful email from the daily.

We have Roku & a Fire Stick. I prefer the Roku by a mile. Today Apple released something new. Haven't had time to check it out yet but it's gotta be great.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Yes, we tried to get Century Link one time. Only DSL is available for us and only 10 mbps. So we are still married to Comcast, the only other provider, for internet only. For the past four years we've relied on an antenna in the attic, Roku, Ooma for "land line," and a Netflix subscription. Not unhappy but I wish Century Link would install fiber optic in the central Villages.
I was told about a year ago by CenturyLink that they offer 20 MBPS on DSL. I ordered it and they turned off my service the next morning on a Tuesday to prepared for a Friday installation of the faster service. Against my better judgment and out of anger I went to Comcast for the Starter Package at $32 a month. I bought a Motorola Router and the bill is $19.99 a month now. Due to renew shortly it should be interesting. The Comcast Service has been fine! Fingers crossed.
Sponsored Links

Tags
subscribers, lost, pay-tv, totaling, traditional