Electrical?

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Default Had experience Thursday

They were putting up our birdcage last Thursday and they were using heavy tools and a lot of extension cords on the back of the house. They lost power and they and I went to the garage and nothing was tripped. I checked the reset GFCI in both bathrooms and the kitchen and they all tested fine. I finally found that there was a reset GFCI in the lanai and only then did the power come back on those receptacles. Now I know where all of my resets are for all of my GFCI's. I kept thinking something in the circuit breaker panel would have had to be blown.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
Need to shut breaker off at panel box to replace.
C'mon now, sometimes you just gotta take a chance. Live life on the edge. (Just kidding)

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-11-2012, 05:26 PM

My garage GFCI used to blow everytime it rained, taking the front signpost out with it. An inspection of the outside outlets showed a pretty poor job of sealing the outlet gaskets/covers. A little repositioning of those gaskets along with a few dabs of caulk and I haven't had a problem since.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidshelleen51 View Post
My garage GFCI used to blow everytime it rained, taking the front signpost out with it. An inspection of the outside outlets showed a pretty poor job of sealing the outlet gaskets/covers. A little repositioning of those gaskets along with a few dabs of caulk and I haven't had a problem since.
I had the same problem but also when the neighbor's sprinklers would come on the GFI would kick out. I am considering putting the outlet in one of the plastic boxes sold at Lowes.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:13 PM

Replace it with a non GFCI and never have another problem with it
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.