Electrical problem

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2016, 02:49 PM
Default Electrical problem

Does anyone know where to get a resistor replaced in a circuit board.?
Old 08-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

I do electrical repairs, and I have some resistors in stock, send me a PM. I am in the village of Pinellas, and would like to have the equipment here so I have access to all of my parts.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Sage

I forgot to mention, I have 4 decades of experience in building and repairing electronics, and most of the equipment required to test and repair.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:26 AM

Thanks for the reply. Would be interested to bring my circuit board by to see if it can be repaired. Can you call me at 352 897 6394 for a time or day
Old 08-23-2016, 01:14 PM

Dave this is george again.
Tryed to put the panel back in,when i put the power to the ac conectors it keeps showing ( no ac ) keeps blinking . Checked tranformer shows 29 volts. Is there a fuse in the circuit that might be blown,???
Old 08-23-2016, 03:52 PM
Sage

George,

I would need to look at the entire assembly again. I do not recall seeing a fuse, but I was not looking for one. If you have the model number, etc, send it to me I will see if I can find a schematic.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:58 PM

THANKS FOR THE REPLY THIS IS WHAT I FOUND,HUNTER MODEL SRC-600i , 6 station indoor Model ( with 120VAC PLUG IN TRANSFORMER) DATE CODE 041008
Old 08-23-2016, 09:24 PM
Sage

I will get back to you by PM when I find any info.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Veteran member
Default Surge protectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I do electrical repairs, and I have some resistors in stock, send me a PM. I am in the village of Pinellas, and would like to have the equipment here so I have access to all of my parts.
Hi do you have a recommended Surge Protector rating, max value in Joules for electronics and computer usage?
Some possibility of lightning in the area. Side Issue:
In Belize, on a sailboat, the lightning came down the mast, jumped into the radio and blew it out totally. In Indiana, it came into the house with aluminum siding and blew the washer and dryer and the tuner for Stereo. Walla,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it is powerful. bbbbbb
Email pnb900@msn.com
Old 08-25-2016, 08:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
Hi do you have a recommended Surge Protector rating, max value in Joules for electronics and computer usage?
Some possibility of lightning in the area. Side Issue:
In Belize, on a sailboat, the lightning came down the mast, jumped into the radio and blew it out totally. In Indiana, it came into the house with aluminum siding and blew the washer and dryer and the tuner for Stereo. Walla,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it is powerful. bbbbbb
Email pnb900@msn.com
We went with the SECO package, a surge protector installed my SECO on the meter base, and 4 or 5 separate devices to use for TVs, etc.
You will get additional responses for brand name surge protectors, and 'whole house' lightning protection, which includes the copper wire on the roof. I am quite comfortable with the level of protection the we have.
Any surge protectors you purchase MUST have a UL 1449 label to prove these are tested and rated for surge protection. I have seen many "surge protectors" with a UL label for EXTENSION CORD, these will not provide any protection.
There are 2 or 3 or more vendors in the area that specialize in this area, and I am sure they will have additional comments.
Bottom line, I added surge protection on devices that I would be really annoyed if they were damaged from a nearby lighting strike (TVs, washer/dryer, refrigerator, etc.), I do not worry about a direct strike, there will be too much other damage.
Hope this helps.

Tags
resistor, replaced, board, circuit, problem

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.