Fan light kit x2

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,427 Posts
Default Fan light kit x2

Ok, finely got around to installing ceiling fan light kits. I attempted this several months ago and gave up.

Reviewing the information provided from the last post several months ago plus google search here's what I found.

The red wire was not connected to the blue wire at the ceiling fan connection. Fans in the bed rooms was not wired the same. One was wired to separate switch and one was not.

After struggling through the first one the second one was breeze. I didn't have to remove the fan just the cover at the ceiling to connect the wires.

I also raised the ceiling fan over the dining room table, got tired of bumping my head on th light kit due to the fan was mounted too low for 6 foot person. It was harder due to the two foot rod was replaced with one foot rod to raise the fan up.

Thanks to all who responded to my first post with enough information to flip the switch in my head to tackle it this time. Let there be light! I can now restring my tennis rackets and not need flash light!
Closed Thread

Tags
fan, light, ceiling, foot, due

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.