Fence Board Replacement

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2021, 11:21 AM
Default Fence Board Replacement

Does anyone know what the black paint is on the villages fencing. I know it is treated wood but any idea on the paint? I have to replace a few boards. I took them down for access to my back yard and they are to brittle to put back up.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

My neighbor bought the black paint at Home Depot. Talk to their paint department to get the correct product. I believe HD has the fencing material also.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbergmann View Post
Does anyone know what the black paint is on the villages fencing. I know it is treated wood but any idea on the paint? I have to replace a few boards. I took them down for access to my back yard and they are to brittle to put back up.
The folks at District Property Management should be able to help.

Main Office
1071 Canal Street
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-753-4022
Old 04-06-2021, 06:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,046 Times in 2,737 Posts

I went into Ace Hardware and asked the guy in the paint section what paint would match the fence so I could do some touch up on the fence in our back yard. He pointed me to a spray paint that was a perfect match. That being said, spray paint is good for a touch up, but you would be better off finding a can of paint if you need to paint several boards. I assume you would be looking for an oil, as opposed to water, based paint for an outdoor application like a fence.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, paint, yard, brittle, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.