Garage door won’t open

Garage door won’t open

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 03-20-2019, 03:16 PM
twoplanekid's Avatar
twoplanekid twoplanekid is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Posts: 1,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Call Ryan O'Cull, he'll fix it in 2 minutes. 352 617-0522
Last night my garage door stops working. Today, I called Ro-Mac to be told that they could send a tech out sometime next week for a service call charge of $100. So, decided to read what the posters on this forum site would suggest I do.

While I had to leave a voice message, Ryan did return my call in less than 30 minutes and arrived at my house some 15 minutes later today. Soon after his arrival, maybe 4 minutes my issue with the door was resolved. Needless to say, I will call Ryan first to handle garage door problems.

Love to work with people who know what they are doing and cost less than half what others are charging. Ryan is the best!
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 03-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Fredster Fredster is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Last night my garage door stops working. Today, I called Ro-Mac to be told that they could send a tech out sometime next week for a service call charge of $100. So, decided to read what the posters on this forum site would suggest I do.

While I had to leave a voice message, Ryan did return my call in less than 30 minutes and arrived at my house some 15 minutes later today. Soon after his arrival, maybe 4 minutes my issue with the door was resolved. Needless to say, I will call Ryan first to handle garage door problems.

Love to work with people who know what they are doing and cost less than half what others are charging. Ryan is the best!
I had a very similar experience with Ryan, when we had one garage spring break on a Saturday evening.
I called him, and within an hour and a half both springs were replaced and we were back in action!
Highly recommend him!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #13  
Old 03-20-2019, 08:00 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 4,314
Default

[QUOTE=Fredster;1634416]I had a very similar experience with Ryan, when we had one garage spring break on a Saturday evening.
I called him, and within an hour and a half both springs were replaced and we were back in action!
Highly recommend him![/QUOTE

Had broken spring, Ryan was on it and done before I could round up the cash to pay him. Ryan, Ryan he’s you’re man.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-21-2019, 05:31 AM
TomPerry TomPerry is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 15
Default

Last week I had the same problem! Door light would come on, but the door would not open. The motor would hum for about 15 seconds and stop. I called Ryan and he returned my call in about 10 minutes and he told me he would be at my house in about 20 - 25 minutes. 20 minutes later he arrived and in less than 5 minutes the garage door worked again. Best repair service I've gotten in 48 years of home ownership!!!! CALL RYAN!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-21-2019, 05:37 AM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,799
Default

Typically, if the motor starts up and the garage door doesn't move, the Allen screw on the flywheel (connected to the motor drive shaft) has backed itself out and the flywheel isn't turning. Also, the flywheel may have slid down the motor shaft and the drive belt has come off the flywheel. If you have Allen wrenches, this is easy to fix.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerry View Post
Last week I had the same problem! Door light would come on, but the door would not open. The motor would hum for about 15 seconds and stop. I called Ryan and he returned my call in about 10 minutes and he told me he would be at my house in about 20 - 25 minutes. 20 minutes later he arrived and in less than 5 minutes the garage door worked again. Best repair service I've gotten in 48 years of home ownership!!!! CALL RYAN!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-22-2019, 05:24 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 4,484
Default

Another shout out for Ryan.


Called on Friday..........Came out & fixed my issue.


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:33 AM
ColdNoMore's Avatar
ColdNoMore ColdNoMore is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Between 466 & 466A
Posts: 8,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Another shout out for Ryan.


Called on Friday..........Came out & fixed my issue.



And another shout-out for Ryan.

He was here within two hours and with a very reasonable cost...quickly fixed my problem.

I got a kick out of his response, when I told him that he came highly recommended after searching on TOTV for a door repair person...and it was obvious that those high recommendations were accurate.

His response was a very straightforward, and slightly grinning, response of..."Yeah, my customers love me."

And it's not bragging...when you can back it up.
__________________
Standing up for the underdog and against bullies...every chance I get.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-22-2019, 08:16 AM
MrGolf MrGolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 358
Default

It happened to us. There is a reset switch on the top of the motor. The guy who came to determine the cause took longer to set up the ladder than fix. You may want to try this.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-22-2019, 09:55 AM
MercerLunatic MercerLunatic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 2
Default

you didn't mention in it was a new house or a resale. If new call the warranty department they will send out some one to fix it. My door would not always shut, they sent someone the next day. Fixed the problem and checked that all the remote controls worked correctly and set up the control on the garage door to my preferred code.
Reply With Quote
Vaseline
  #20  
Old 04-23-2019, 12:53 PM
thetruth thetruth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 413
Default Vaseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by pristine View Post
it might be stuck. Put vasaline between the side vinal and the door
Vaseline is listed a petroleum jelly in plainspeak-GREASE.
For lubricating rubber weather stripping anywhere an old trick is to use Talcum Powder. Like Vaseline being grease, Talcum powder (crushed soap stone) will likely be called Baby Powder.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door, red, operator, led, remotes

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.