Garage door won’t open

Garage door won’t open

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-20-2019, 03:16 PM
Gold member

Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Call Ryan O'Cull, he'll fix it in 2 minutes. 352 617-0522
Last night my garage door stops working. Today, I called Ro-Mac to be told that they could send a tech out sometime next week for a service call charge of $100. So, decided to read what the posters on this forum site would suggest I do.

While I had to leave a voice message, Ryan did return my call in less than 30 minutes and arrived at my house some 15 minutes later today. Soon after his arrival, maybe 4 minutes my issue with the door was resolved. Needless to say, I will call Ryan first to handle garage door problems.

Love to work with people who know what they are doing and cost less than half what others are charging. Ryan is the best!

Old 03-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Last night my garage door stops working. Today, I called Ro-Mac to be told that they could send a tech out sometime next week for a service call charge of $100. So, decided to read what the posters on this forum site would suggest I do.

While I had to leave a voice message, Ryan did return my call in less than 30 minutes and arrived at my house some 15 minutes later today. Soon after his arrival, maybe 4 minutes my issue with the door was resolved. Needless to say, I will call Ryan first to handle garage door problems.

Love to work with people who know what they are doing and cost less than half what others are charging. Ryan is the best!
I had a very similar experience with Ryan, when we had one garage spring break on a Saturday evening.
I called him, and within an hour and a half both springs were replaced and we were back in action!
Highly recommend him!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2019, 08:00 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

[QUOTE=Fredster;1634416]I had a very similar experience with Ryan, when we had one garage spring break on a Saturday evening.
I called him, and within an hour and a half both springs were replaced and we were back in action!
Highly recommend him![/QUOTE

Had broken spring, Ryan was on it and done before I could round up the cash to pay him. Ryan, Ryan he’s you’re man.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:31 AM

Last week I had the same problem! Door light would come on, but the door would not open. The motor would hum for about 15 seconds and stop. I called Ryan and he returned my call in about 10 minutes and he told me he would be at my house in about 20 - 25 minutes. 20 minutes later he arrived and in less than 5 minutes the garage door worked again. Best repair service I've gotten in 48 years of home ownership!!!! CALL RYAN!
Old 03-21-2019, 05:37 AM
Platinum member

Typically, if the motor starts up and the garage door doesn't move, the Allen screw on the flywheel (connected to the motor drive shaft) has backed itself out and the flywheel isn't turning. Also, the flywheel may have slid down the motor shaft and the drive belt has come off the flywheel. If you have Allen wrenches, this is easy to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerry View Post
Last week I had the same problem! Door light would come on, but the door would not open. The motor would hum for about 15 seconds and stop. I called Ryan and he returned my call in about 10 minutes and he told me he would be at my house in about 20 - 25 minutes. 20 minutes later he arrived and in less than 5 minutes the garage door worked again. Best repair service I've gotten in 48 years of home ownership!!!! CALL RYAN!
Old 04-22-2019, 05:24 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Another shout out for Ryan.

Called on Friday..........Came out & fixed my issue.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Another shout out for Ryan.

Called on Friday..........Came out & fixed my issue.

And another shout-out for Ryan.

He was here within two hours and with a very reasonable cost...quickly fixed my problem.

I got a kick out of his response, when I told him that he came highly recommended after searching on TOTV for a door repair person...and it was obvious that those high recommendations were accurate.

His response was a very straightforward, and slightly grinning, response of..."Yeah, my customers love me."

And it's not bragging...when you can back it up.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:16 AM

It happened to us. There is a reset switch on the top of the motor. The guy who came to determine the cause took longer to set up the ladder than fix. You may want to try this.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:55 AM

you didn't mention in it was a new house or a resale. If new call the warranty department they will send out some one to fix it. My door would not always shut, they sent someone the next day. Fixed the problem and checked that all the remote controls worked correctly and set up the control on the garage door to my preferred code.
Vaseline
Old 04-23-2019, 12:53 PM

Default Vaseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by pristine View Post
it might be stuck. Put vasaline between the side vinal and the door
Vaseline is listed a petroleum jelly in plainspeak-GREASE.
For lubricating rubber weather stripping anywhere an old trick is to use Talcum Powder. Like Vaseline being grease, Talcum powder (crushed soap stone) will likely be called Baby Powder.

Tags
door, red, operator, led, remotes