Garage door won’t open

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2019, 05:24 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Another shout out for Ryan.

Called on Friday..........Came out & fixed my issue.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Another shout out for Ryan.

Called on Friday..........Came out & fixed my issue.

And another shout-out for Ryan.

He was here within two hours and with a very reasonable cost...quickly fixed my problem.

I got a kick out of his response, when I told him that he came highly recommended after searching on TOTV for a door repair person...and it was obvious that those high recommendations were accurate.

His response was a very straightforward, and slightly grinning, response of..."Yeah, my customers love me."

And it's not bragging...when you can back it up.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:16 AM

It happened to us. There is a reset switch on the top of the motor. The guy who came to determine the cause took longer to set up the ladder than fix. You may want to try this.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:55 AM

you didn't mention in it was a new house or a resale. If new call the warranty department they will send out some one to fix it. My door would not always shut, they sent someone the next day. Fixed the problem and checked that all the remote controls worked correctly and set up the control on the garage door to my preferred code.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Default Vaseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by pristine View Post
it might be stuck. Put vasaline between the side vinal and the door
Vaseline is listed a petroleum jelly in plainspeak-GREASE.
For lubricating rubber weather stripping anywhere an old trick is to use Talcum Powder. Like Vaseline being grease, Talcum powder (crushed soap stone) will likely be called Baby Powder.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Call Ryan O'Cull, he'll fix it in 2 minutes. 352 617-0522
Old 08-05-2019, 10:00 AM
Veteran member
Default Note>Your Garage door opener isn't a "ROMAC" MVP!

I've seen several posts referring to "Ro-mac" MVP garage door openers and Romac isn't the manufacture of the opener, Romac is the local installer or supplier used by The Villages. Romac has put a decal on the AllStar MVP opener installed in most new homes and it looks like its a ROMAC MVP opener. If you look closely at the decal you will see it indicates Ro-mac Lumber and supply company.

How did I come to this discovery?
My garage door opener wouldn't open one night after a lightning strike in the area and when I looked at the unit I also assumed it was a ROMAC MVP garage door opener. After waiting over a week for ROMAC to come out and fix it they told me they don't use those openers any longer and would have to replace it with a new one. But they didn't have one on the truck and couldn't get one to replace it with until next week. I was upset since I had waited for them to come out and repair my opener and I told them it was a lighting strike and they didn't have a replacement when they came out???

When they came back a few days later they replaced it with a Linear LDC 800 opener that has a different inside switch opener and outside switch opener. Interesting when the repairman came back with the new unit he told me he didn't have the tool to take off the MVP controller?? When I said "You put it in, he told me he didn't". Luck I had a tool that would remove the MVP switch inside screws for the controller.

So there are a few lessons here:
1. Ro-MAC isn't the manufacture they are the installer or supplier to the contractor who built your house. Since RO-MAC didn't even have the tool to remove the inside screws from the switch it leads me to believe the contractor may have installed the unit?
2. RO-MAC is no longer using MVP openers for some reason. They claim it makes less noise (not a big deal to me).
3. If your codes on your opener weren't reset to unique ones its probably due to the installer/contractor not doing it.
4.If you have a MVP garage door opener and something needs repair I would call around and see if other garage door opener repair/supply companies still repair or install MVP units.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Call Ryan O'Cull, he'll fix it in 2 minutes. 352 617-0522
Ryan is the BEST, period.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

You might try this: Pull the cord to release the opener from the track. See if you can open the door by hand. Then go from there.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,705 Posts

I have 2 MVP garage remotes one works and the other doesn’t. They maybe 12 years old if original could it be the battery?
Old 08-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I have 2 MVP garage remotes one works and the other doesn’t. They maybe 12 years old if original could it be the battery?
Yes, definitely.

Tags
door, red, operator, led, remotes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.