Garage Floor

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have done 4 and used Rust-o-leum. I also used a Rust-o-leum product to fill and sand some cracks and gouges before doing the paint per directions. In one I had a huge crack all the way across the garage, filled it, sanded it smooth, been 6 years and still looks great. Even I can't find where the crack was and I did the work.

The hardest part was moving all the garage stuff several times. In two I completely emptied the garage and in two others moved everything to one side, did that side, moved everything to other side and did the other side. Always make the overlap on a concrete crack preventation cut so you don't see any overlap.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:05 PM

I need to do mine thinking about using mats they come in 10' x 17'. anybody have that.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Sage
Default Garage Floor

///

Last edited by Wiotte; 11-07-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:38 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON S View Post
I need to do mine thinking about using mats they come in 10' x 17'. anybody have that.
I have seen these mats, and the only concern is that I often check under them and find excess moisture and tons of black mold....

Frank D.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Default Garage floor

Earlier this summer I put the Rustoleum epoxy on my garage floor in Wisconsin. Thus far I am pleased with the results, however, I want to see how it holds up after the road salt gets on it. The two items that were most concerning the coverage and application. I bought the kit that was for the 2&1/2 car garage. I had to buy another kit for a one car garage to finish. There is a time factor for putting down the application. There is less time to get the floor covered in warmer weather. The epoxy comes in a two part bag that you mix together by squeezing the bag together. You pour some of the paint on the floor and spread it with a paint roller. You have 45 minuets to an hour to use the contents from one bag. The whole process was easy, just messy. After I finished the project I complained to Rustoleum about the coverage, they requested before and after pictures and a copy of the one car kit sales receipt. They sent me a check for the entire cost of the kit, including the tax. So far I am pleased.
Closed Thread

Tags
floor, garage, difficult, based, epoxy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.