Golf cart electric fuel guage

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2020, 05:14 AM

Assuming the tank already has a cut-out for the float sender, all you need is the sender, the gauge, a bit of wire, and a wiring schematic. Should be pretty straightforward.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:53 AM
Default I used one of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I am looking into installing an electric fuel gauge in a 2017 Yamaha EFI quietech cart. my question is does anyone have one with the electric fuel gauge and if so could you post or send a photo of the installation on the fuel tank? I think I have a suitable location for the sender unit, but would like to see an actual installation, thanks in advance.

BTW, I have checked local dealers and the prices range from $90 to $150, I believe I can DIY for half of this cost.
I used one of these. Resetable and a lot of information. Very easy installation.
https://www.amazon.com/bayite-6-5-10...225455&sr=8-17
Old 06-15-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrod View Post
I used one of these. Resetable and a lot of information. Very easy installation.
Robot Check
I guess I was not clear on my original message, I am looking to install a dash mounted fuel level gauge for my GAS powered golf cart. The purpose of my post was to see if I could get a photo of another 2017 EFI yamaha cart that had an after marker fuel level sender installed in the gas tank. There was no info on youtube and other sources I searched on. I have found what I believe is a suitable fuel level sender unit and the associated fuel level gauge, I just was looking for confirmation of the location before purchasing the parts and cutting into the gas tank.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I’m trying to figure out how you have a 2017 cart without a fuel gauge.
My understanding is that dash mounted fuel gauges are "standard" on carts originally sold to licensed dealers and carts sold/leased to courses and others are usually delivered with a mechanical gauge attached to the gas tank cap. If you bought second hand or from a rebuilder, and if there is no dash gauge, the odds are that your cart began life as a rental or in a course fleet.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

My fuel level sender, mounting hardware, and gauge just came in, i will be testing the components soon and then installing.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
My fuel level sender, mounting hardware, and gauge just came in, i will be testing the components soon and then installing.
Please be careful. This forum needs you to hang around a bit longer!
Closed Thread

Tags
fuel, electric, gauge, cart, installation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.