Iris/Lily switched outlet location

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.q.pankow View Post
I have an Iris model home (same floor plan as a Lily) and can't figure out what one of the switches does.

It's the switch in the group of three switches near where the dining room table would normally go, and is surrounded by switches that control the dining room overhead light and the living room fan. It's marked with a red switch plate screw. I understand that this indicates that it controls a switched outlet, however I'm unable to figure out which one it is. I've gone around with an outlet tester checking both of the sockets on all of the outlets nearby and some not so near by, and they're all always powered up, regardless of the position of the switch.

Would one of my fellow Iris/Lily owners please let me know what this mystery switch controls in your home?
It’s very confusing. In my house the switch controls one of the outlets in the floor, as previously said. But be aware that there is a switch below the thermostat near the bedroom that also controls that outlet. Both switches have control, so you have to be sure they’re both on, or at least check to be sure one is not off. I think you know what I mean. Good luck!
Old 11-04-2020, 03:22 PM

I think my under counter kitchen lights (installed after the build) were connected to this switch.
Old 11-04-2020, 03:40 PM

I live in lily and the floor plan is little different. The switch might be for the floor outlet in living room.
Old 11-04-2020, 08:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Outlets can be 'split' meaning one is switched and the one attached to it is not. While not common elsewhere it is common for floor mounted outlets in TV.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.q.pankow View Post
I have an Iris model home (same floor plan as a Lily) and can't figure out what one of the switches does.

It's the switch in the group of three switches near where the dining room table would normally go, and is surrounded by switches that control the dining room overhead light and the living room fan. It's marked with a red switch plate screw. I understand that this indicates that it controls a switched outlet, however I'm unable to figure out which one it is. I've gone around with an outlet tester checking both of the sockets on all of the outlets nearby and some not so near by, and they're all always powered up, regardless of the position of the switch.
Would one of my fellow Iris/Lily owners please let me know what this mystery switch controls in your home?
It controls the plug over the kitchen cabinets.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
In my home, that switch controls the outlet in the living room floor, where I plug in the table lamps.

The Iris and the Lilac are paired floor plans, not the Lily.
I think he meant basically the same layout.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
I think he meant basically the same layout.
Yes, the Iris and the Lilac have basically the same layout, the Lily is different.
Old 11-06-2020, 02:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Look for the outlet cover with the RED screw that's the switched outlet!

Tags
switch, outlet, room, switches, iris/lily

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.