Irrigation Troubles

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Default Irrigation Troubles

Has anyone every replaced the controller? We just bought a home in Mallory Square and having problems with the irrigation system. We have it set for 7:00 am (4 zones) and it runs for this time, but also comes back on randomly. Sometimes 12:30 am and other times 3 times a day. We have check and rechecked the settings.
We think the controller is bad....it is a Hunter SRC controller, but they don't make this model anymore. Could anyone suggest a replacement for this controller or could it be something else? We have never had a automatic irrigation system before buying in The Villages.
We will not be moving in full time until July 12, but go come over every week for a couple of days. We probably will have a war debt on our water bill.
THANKS!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Sage

Try turning off the breaker, and removing the backup battery for about 10 minutes, the re-set your times. That should clear out all the random numbers
Old 06-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The control box gives you an opportunity to set up to 9 watering times.
A 1, 2, 3, B1,2,3 C1,2,3. It is hard to see as the letters and numbers are small lettering and numbers. and black incolor. I suspect more than A1 is set
Go to watering times and using the progress button you should see the box move from A to B to C. You may need a flash light on the screen

If I am right you need to bring the time to off and make sure each zone is at 0
Old 06-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Never mind.

Last edited by memason; 06-12-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Someone beat me to the answer...ha ha
Old 06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Default Controller Issues

I would suggest rebooting.Disconnect the power supply AND REMOVE THE 9V BATTERY(if you do not remove the battery the controller will retain its memory).Let it set for about 10 min then replace the battery and plug it back in.You should then be able to set the times and duration for your sprinklers.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Default irrigation problem(s)

We had a similar issue with our system, thinking we had it set correctly prior to leaving in March and then receiving our April water/sewer/irrg.amenities bill @approximately $310.00 for the month, our estimated irrigation water usage was 37,000 gallons plus, so we had a friend of ours go to our house and turn it off completely and he would come back once a week and manually run it for us.

We now just manually run it when we are there, as we don't trust setting it while not there for fear of an outrageously high water usage/bill.

I understand what you are going through, thinking you have it set correct and it comes on and runs, then randomly comes back on again, it's not a good thing.

The irrigation people come out and give you a lesson on how to set it, but never give you information on what to do if things go haywire!!!

I see where many people recommend unplugging the whole system and removing the battery for approximately 10 minutes, I guess if that's the only way to clear the memory then I'd go for it.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 PM

I would agree with Rubicon. You have 3 programs on the controller A, B & C. they are hard to see but it is not hard to change the settings. Just use a flashlight.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Gold member

A couple years ago I had to replace the controller, it was very easy to do. I found the replacement on ebay.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Veteran member

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 02-12-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Has anyone every replaced the controller? We just bought a home in Mallory Square and having problems with the irrigation system. We have it set for 7:00 am (4 zones) and it runs for this time, but also comes back on randomly. Sometimes 12:30 am and other times 3 times a day. We have check and rechecked the settings.
We think the controller is bad....it is a Hunter SRC controller, but they don't make this model anymore. Could anyone suggest a replacement for this controller or could it be something else? We have never had a automatic irrigation system before buying in The Villages.
We will not be moving in full time until July 12, but go come over every week for a couple of days. We probably will have a war debt on our water bill.
THANKS!!!
Easiest solution is to use the Yellow Pages under "irrigation".
Old 08-13-2012, 05:48 AM

Just marking this post, as we are heading to TV soon, and this is great information. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 AM
Veteran member

I had the exact same situation up north when we got back this spring and turned on the water. It was going on at all kinds of times or days. Turned out that program A was OK on all stations, but somehow some stations were activated on program B and C. I occurred to me eventually that perhaps I should check the other programs and I had to turn to "run times" and go through each program and each station to cancel out the ones I didn't need. The other challenge was that I misread the symbol for watering and not watering, and had the thing running when I didn't want it and not running when I did! It isn't hard to correct but I did need to get on a stool and look closely and turn on the light and use the flashlight in order to see all the letters and numbers clearly. At least it doesn't cost as much as replacing the unit if you don't have to. Good luck

LW888

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.