Kuerig coffee maker fix

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,108 Times in 2,235 Posts
Default Kuerig coffee maker fix

Our 2 year old Kuerig coffee maker started giving my wife only 1/2 cup of coffee. Tried all of the recommendations in the instruction book, including de-scaling even though the de-scaling light was not on.
No luck, then I noticed the screen in the bottom of the water tank seemed to have some small black particles. I used the water faucet to clean the screen, the coffee maker is working like new.
I am posting this as the blockage on this screen is hard to see, so if you have this problem, try cleaning this screen.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Platinum member

thanks for that tip but poor customer service and tens of thousands of online complaints have kept me from buying one.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
thanks for that tip but poor customer service and tens of thousands of online complaints have kept me from buying one.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Sage

We had our first Keurig for 2 years and had a problem. Went on you tube and tried to fix it to no avail. Called Keurig and they sent us a new one for free. We are one year into our second one with no issue but we do clean it about every six months. Go to you tube for instructions.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Gold member

I've had three of them. The oldest one is still working fine - but I have done the cleaning with vinegar. The second one died. We only used it in the motorhome and I figured it had about 20,000 (rough highway) miles on it - I don't know the conversion to cups of coffee. Bought the same model as a replacement and it is still working fine.

A side note - I rarely buy K-cups. Buy ground coffee and use the filter. That way I have fine tuned the coffee to my liking.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:39 PM

Take to bed bath and beyond and they will give you a new coffee maker
Old 12-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post

I guess we have been lucky. We are on our 2nd. The first died after 6 years, and the 2nd is now going strong. The only issues I've ever had have been the result of user error. We love the variety of flavors and coffees.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:43 AM

We have two basic Keurigs, one up north and one in TV and have had one bite the dust a few years ago. It is a convenience to have them as the coffee flavor is always consistent. I for one like to turn it on, place a pod in the machine and MMMMM in less than a couple of minutes. I guess there are rival coffee makers on the market but haven't heard or seen any reviews.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Our 2 year old Kuerig coffee maker started giving my wife only 1/2 cup of coffee. Tried all of the recommendations in the instruction book, including de-scaling even though the de-scaling light was not on.
No luck, then I noticed the screen in the bottom of the water tank seemed to have some small black particles. I used the water faucet to clean the screen, the coffee maker is working like new.
I am posting this as the blockage on this screen is hard to see, so if you have this problem, try cleaning this screen.
How do you get to the screen?
Old 12-19-2015, 07:42 AM
Platinum member

We use ours every day and it's nearly four years now. Still growing strong.
That's a good tip though. I'll have to remember that in case.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:13 PM

Had a problem with my Kuerig a couple of years ago. The maker would sound like it was working, ie pump running, but no liquid appeared. It would continue to run until unplugged. I thought it was toast as nothing worked, scaling, cleaning, etc. Checked the internet and others were having the same problem. The solution was to slap the Kuerig on the back of the machine a couple of times. Not a love tap but a good healthy impact. Worked!!!! Now it happens a couple of time a year and the slap on the back still works.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,108 Times in 2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
How do you get to the screen?
I just used the hand sprayer on the sink at full force, that seemed to work well. The design suggests the screen could be removed, however, none of my tools could access it, so I cleaned in place.

Update, this has been working for the last 2 plus months.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Platinum member

I was 11 months into my first Keurig and it died. Called Keurig and they sent a newer model within 3 days. New one has been going strong for about 2.5 years and we probably make 10-12 cups daily! Love my Keurig.
Closed Thread

Tags
screen, coffee, maker, de-scaling, kuerig, water, faucet, clean, black, particles, small, problem, cleaning, hard, tank, posting, blockage, working, wife, 1/2, cup, giving, started, fix, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.